z

Young Writers Society

All for Show? {OOC}

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri May 27, 2022 7:44 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr sounds like a good idea! I was also thinking of adding the finished character "profiles" for everyone up in the top post of this OOC in the form of spoilers so that they would all be in one place, easy access, without making that first post mega lengthy.

I haven't had a whole lot of time the past few days but am working on writing out the prince and the queen, and I'll start on some of the brothers/wives too! But by all means, I'm open to ideas for the brothers and their varied personalities - doesn't have to be too too in-depth like you said but something to differentiate them from each other a little.

18 Reviews

Fri May 27, 2022 7:48 pm
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

@SirenCymbaline uhmm that's genius hahah. I'm liking it - and I'm thinking he would be the one the queen tries to forget about (like the "disappointment" of the royal family), but of course he still comes to these things and supports (or at least tries to support) his little bro. Does that go with what you're thinking?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri May 27, 2022 9:12 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@clarevelyn13 I'm glad you like the concept!

It'd be hilarious if the queen found him embarrassing and tries to forget about him. I like that idea. He's just so dedicated to coming to these things and helping out his siblings she can't get rid of him lol

Yeah I think that the drunk older brother is the kinda prince who did (or at least tried to do) everything his mother ever asked him to, and not even with sass

The problem is just that he's a kind of obnoxious person who gets on the nerves of people close to him by unintentionally saying insensitive things, like he cares about you and he really wants to help you but he's dense and will say things that hit too close to home. Plus he never tells you about his schemes ahead of time when you really, really wish he wouldn't surprise you like that.

He's a good boy he's just really annoying

How does that sound for a starting point?
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

18 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 12:15 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

@SirenCymbaline that sounds great for a starting point! Haha his wife must run their little kingdom or castle or realm. I like the concept of him having done everything all his life to turning into a guy much looser and well, drunk. But still a good boy lol

I am going to be thinking of good names and listing them above. First names that go with their family name, Mattias, and also sorta fit the "time." I'll list them above so lemme know of any you might have in mind!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat May 28, 2022 12:20 am
View Likes
Corvid says...

I was planning on making a character that's one of the palace guards. Initially I was going to just have her sneak in to shoot her shot and enjoy the masquerade, but if we're going the Shakespearean side character route then she could definitely be a part of one of the older prince's schemes

was also going to adapt a pre-existing character of mine so she could be there as a very snarky musician
"yeet"
- albert einstein

18 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 12:28 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

@Corvid I love both of those charrie ideas! Very nice : ) Can't wait to see them in all their glory lol

59 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 12:37 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Corvid yes! Pls be my partner in mischief! Anywhere on a scale of willing to reluctant/judgemental u want your character to land will be perfect

@clarevelyn13 yess a name list sounds helpful! Even if I wanna pick smth not on the list the list will turn me in the right aesthetic direction
Last edited by SirenCymbaline on Sat May 28, 2022 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

18 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 12:46 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

@SirenCymbaline do you have a preference for which of the older brothers you'd like to be older drunk brother?

Also @ everyone I'm going to be putting the charries we come up with in the first post just so they're all together, feel free to post your bios here when you've got them figured out! I'll probably put them in the top post when finished as spoilers? Idk yet it's gonna be one mega long post lol so I might group them together later - I don't want it to appear overwhelming.

59 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 1:03 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Can I have the third prince pls?

18 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 1:15 am
View Likes
clarevelyn13 says...

He's all yours! I've given him the name Kenneth, but if you'd rather something else that's cool too. I've also tagged you next to his wife too -- that's more for organizational sake and because right now I'm not picturing them as major characters with a lot of action (unless we plan otherwise). They gotta be there for plot reasons anyway.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat May 28, 2022 5:35 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Hey, I might drop in a second character but before I get too attached to a concept I want to know how open this world is to LGBTQIA+ topics. Specifically genderfluidity and/or nonbinary identities and general queerness.

I was thinking of adding a visiting royal character who is either the sibling of a potential love interest, or a love interest themself depending on the prince's preferences. It sounds like he's straight from the description but sexuality is a spectrum and all.

Also, if we create visiting royal characters do we get control over the culture and all that of the kingdom they come from? Because if so this character will come with a little bio about their kingdom too.

We might just end up with a huge master list of character profiles, kingdom profiles, family trees, and whatever else before we even start the RP proper lol
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

Reviews: 3
Sat May 28, 2022 10:59 am
View Likes
Ayme says...

Hello!

I'd like to play the Young Nobleman (who's the antagonist) please. If he's not taken already, that is?

Name:
Prince Harold Wettin from the Kingdom of Fyn

Physical characteristics:
Brunette (slicked back), green eyes, tanned skin (from the sun) and thick eyebrows

Background/status/role in the kingdom:
The youngest child and only son of the three children of the King and Queen of Fyn. The Queen died during his birth but he was spoiled rotten by his two older sisters growing up. He has a heavy duty of taking over as King but he doesn't want to face the reality of it and comes to this ball to just fool around and make Prince Theodore Mattias's life difficult.

How are they affiliated with the royal family?:
Prince Harold and Price Theodore met when they went to a military training together as a form of alliance between the two kingdoms. Prince Harold is and always was jealous of Prince Theodore's light responsibility.

What are they wearing to the ball?:
Spoiler! :
just hang in there for a little bit longer :smt006

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat May 28, 2022 4:36 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

Hi, can I join this?
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

59 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:49 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

It's up to clarevelyn13 what this kingdom is like but I just wanted to add

Even if the setting has a degree of heteronormativity, (like if queer relationships are accepted for common people but royals are pressured to be straight so they can have royal babies) there's still a lot we can do

Historically there's this thing called a lavender marriage where a gay man and a lesbian get married so their families will shut up and then they go and quietly have same sex relationships protected by the alibi of a straight-presenting marriage.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of our many princes had an arrangement like this.

Also I hope we can come up with our own lore for other kingdoms, that'd be fun

Oh also @clarevelyn13 can I change Kenneth's name to Julian pls?

(Last also) @Ayme Harold looks like he'll make a fun antagonist, heheheee. I can't wait for my drunk older brother's antics to get caught up in his antics

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat May 28, 2022 4:55 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

The specifics just affect how I construct the character is all. They are going to be LGBT+, it's just the environment around them is going to effect their backstory and behavior so I want to be sure before I proceed.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber