z

Young Writers Society

Group 2 [OOC]

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:06 am
QuoolQuo says...

I’m not sure, the best I can think of for my character is him walking into a cave and then going “WOAH THIS ISNT A SUBTERRANEAN TUNNEL” when they find them self in Between-Land
but maybe having something slightly different yet still creepy might work for how they each get there (unless they live there already)

This brainstorming business tis a tricky thing

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:09 am
LittleLee says...

I like the idea of them getting washed up in this Between-Land! Maybe this land, being like a middle ground, is connected to different worlds/times, and someone plans to do something that destroys it; but this would effectively wipe out multiple universes. So maybe our characters team up to fight this person/group?
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:08 pm
SalemReine says...

Yes! It is a place none of them are used to, but they all have some connections there. As for an antagonist, would it be one person or a whole group? Both would be interesting! Maybe they can't get back to their own world/timeline, to do that they have to defeat this guy/group?
Was WrenZorya

If I perish, I perish~ Esther, a long long time ago

64 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:24 pm
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

Perhaps, maybe the antagonist is the one trapping them there? and their evil plan could be based around not on complete destruction but hoarding parts of all these different worlds in Between-land and it’s getting a bit out of hand?
Like, I can imagine this antagonist/entity/thing just bobbing about in the completely empty space when one day a cow somehow stumbles in and they immediately become obsessed

36 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:29 pm
View Likes
SalemReine says...

And now the antagonist is FANATICAL about cows and needs to capture all the cows as a side plot? Oh no now I like them…

But yes! A hoarder antagonist! Maybe they’re not evil, just kind of sad or misunderstood?
Was WrenZorya

64 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:32 pm
QuoolQuo says...

As a conclusion, maybe they decide to just keep cows and starts a little farm?

Happy ending for everyone! :D

36 Reviews

Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 pm
SalemReine says...

Yes! I love it! Maybe they hate each other at first, or they form alliances or something that friends and compatriots should not do?
Was WrenZorya

64 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:00 am
QuoolQuo says...

I was thinking, should we schedule a time for us to meet up in a writerpad or something just to toss around ideas and straighten everything out? Just a thought

36 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:11 am
SalemReine says...

Sure! I’ve never used one of those before but it can’t be too hard right? It’s more chat and less commenting, correct?
Was WrenZorya

278 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:56 am
LittleLee says...

QuoolQuo wrote:Perhaps, maybe the antagonist is the one trapping them there? and their evil plan could be based around not on complete destruction but hoarding parts of all these different worlds in Between-land and it’s getting a bit out of hand?
Like, I can imagine this antagonist/entity/thing just bobbing about in the completely empty space when one day a cow somehow stumbles in and they immediately become obsessed

Lol okay we are so making this canon.

Using a writerfeedpad is certainly something we can do! Although discussing the topic is what we have OOC threads for

I don't mind either way :D

64 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:19 am
QuoolQuo says...

I just thought discussing something in real-time might make it easier to bounce around ideas, though I guess the biggest problem would be finding a time that works for everyone

Anywho, we have our characters, our world and our villain’s very sinister motivation - what next?

36 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:16 pm
SalemReine says...

I’m wondering- are we in different time zones? Because you guys are up at an ungodly hour but are never there after a certain time.
Was WrenZorya

64 Reviews

Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:42 pm
QuoolQuo says...

Yeah, I follow Australian Eastern Standard Time which usually puts me out of whack to everyone else

278 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:45 am
LittleLee says...

And I follow Indian Standard Time, which leads to me being awake when a lot of others are asleep and vice versa.

Okay, so we have the basics down; I think we can actually start pretty soon!

36 Reviews

Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:27 pm
SalemReine says...

Yes this explains everything!
So should we start with when they meet? Or are they already together?
Was WrenZorya

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg