Young Writers Society

High Point University [OOC]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:37 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

CARINA i love that outline it is lovly yes, perfet - let's have first posts be a day before classes start!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:05 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ok ok okokok

My MAIN
Spoiler! :
Name: James Hawke
Year: Senior
What They're Studying: History + English
Appearance: 5ft8in, dark blue eyes, auburn hair
Other: James is a scholarship kid (he applied for like, a million) and has to keep up a certain GPA to keep them so he takes school very seriously, highkey always a little stressed (it wouldn't be James if he wasn't) but he's okay. Works a part-time job on weekends at a nearby ranch because I am obligated to fulfill his horse needs. Always busy with school or work. But when u get a chance to talk to him when he slows down he's actually pretty chill and a very kind dude.

More image refs of him not-quite-modernized:

NPCS
Spoiler! :
Name: Carter Haddon
What They're Studying: Business
Appearance: 5ft4in, brown eyes, brown hair
Other: He is a rich, smart, old-money fratboy who is popular and loves to party. Has a bad drinking habit (basically he's an alcoholic). On the wrestling team.

More image refs but with non-modern clothes cuz i lazy:

Spoiler! :
Name: Andrei Petrov aka Bo
What They're Studying: Culinary Arts
Appearance: 6ft7in, dark brown eyes, brown hair, has TWO eyes
Other: Looks big, tall, intimidating but is just a big softie trying his best. Sensitive to other people and looking out for others, always roots for the underdog. Rides a motorcycle, does weightlifting. Super friendly, sociable, and funny. Tells lots of dad jokes and funny stories Just wants to make u laugh! :)

More image refs (minus and eye bcuz im lazy):
Last edited by soundofmind on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:14 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@ShadowVyper that was a beautiful first post and i will personally be cheering for jerica in the stands

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:34 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Aww, thank you <33 I'm really looking forward to reading all of yours! c:

Also, confirmed: entire class going to the football games exclusively for Jerica xD

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:37 am
View Likes
Carina says...

YEAH SHADY BOOTIFUL POST I LOV IT

i giv full support to supporting jerica

elias will be that obnoxious dude with a giant sign that says "GO JERICA" probably accidentally spell her name wrong and the sign will be so big the ppl behind him will have to move somewhere else to sit and see
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:13 am
View Likes
Carina says...

okokok here's the final less lazy draft

Spoiler! :
Name: Elias
Year: Super Senior
What They're Studying: BS in Nursing 8)

Appearance: 6'0", skinny but littol muscular, slightly tanned skin, short sandy hair that's slightly longer at the top, dark hazel eyes, only one dimple when he grins, typical frat boy clothes -- sporting the Greek logo tees and probably salmon shorts.

Other: silly, carefree, no concept of risk whatsoever, YOLO dude, basically impossible for him to be stressed, high-energy, says yes to everything, very outgoing, easily bored, not the brightest, "C's get degrees" kind of person and would even cheat if he could (but only for non-nursing classes). Fake hipster who listens to indie music, shops local, and is a vegetarian because he cares about climate change probably

Can be annoying sometimes, but he's super loyal and will put his friends over himself -- like if you go, "Hey Elias, can I borrow $100? My car broke down," and all he had was $100, yep it's yours now, and he won't care if you don't pay it back even though he kinda poor boi. He plays intramural tennis and is in the Sigma Chi fraternity. He works part-time in a coffee shop to help pay for his student loans and alcohol.

NPCs:
Spoiler! :
Name: Mel
Year: Not college!
What They're Studying: She already got a cosmetology certificate and is working in a fancy salon nearby, specializing in hair and makeup.

Appearance: 5'5", toned/curvy, bronzey skin, big brown eyes, dark kinky hair as voluminous loose bouncy curlies (she is obsessed with going au natural and has like 200 hair products). Always wearing flattering, pretty clothes. Eyebrows and makeup on fleek.

Other: super bubbly, outgoing, valley girl vibes, tries to be "I'm not like the other girls" but low key actually very basic; creative, outdoorsy, craves adventure, hates being bored, flirty, probably gushes a lot about her love for animals and that's why she's a vegetarian. She's been on-and-off again dating Elias, and although they bicker a lot, whenever she's with him, it's PDA festival. Anyone who wants to hang out with them will be hardcore third-wheeling. She stays over during weekends and some evenings when they're both free.

Name: Evaline
Year: First Year Master's
What They're Studying: Fine Arts
Appearance: 5'9", tall n skinny like a runway model, long dark hair, light blue eyes, kinda looks grouchy cuz she have RBF. Never wears tight clothes and instead wears stuff like oversized sweater with leggings. She has natural beauty, but she spends 5 minutes getting ready every day and you'll never see applying makeup or wearing nice clothes... unless Mel forces her to be her guinea pig lol. faceclaim by soundie!

Other: shy/bashful at first glance, private person but very good listener, attentive to detail, can remembers the littlest things and often uses that in convo, good conversationalist, prefers quiet coffee shop vibe instead of loud sticky floor bar, has smol rebellious/spontaneous spirit when with the right people. Her parents are hardcore vegan, so she is too since she's used to that lifestyle (are you sensing a pattern yet?).

She doesn't go to High Point University. Instead she goes to Prestige University, which is a long drive away. Mel is her best friend (and Elias, but she won't admit that), so she visits sometimes, but not often.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:51 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

JUST AN UPDATE FOR EVERYONE SO WE ON THE SAME PAGE: all of the students live in the same apartment building just on campus because i say so and it's a simulation and i make the rulez

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:05 pm
View Likes
veeren says...

SIR YES SIR

"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:20 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

big fan of u both BOOTIFUL intros +10/10

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:18 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I AGREE LOV ALL THE INTROS 🥺
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:01 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ahhh the intros were amazing!! I only skimmed Lordy/James & Carter/Morrigan's introductions earlier, but I just read through them (and reread Jerica's) right now! I love how much personality the school already has with them in.

I know I've mentioned this away from the ooc thread, but I'm currently having a little crisis on if I want to use Charlie and his best friend Dick in this. I actually started writing their story again, so chances are I'll be writing them in their story's college at some point in the near-ish future. Whoever I end up picking, I'll probably write their intro post tomorrow~
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:00 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ok okok i edited my cp post with picture references for all ya'll, enjoy

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I finally figured out who I'm doing! I'll be doing two old characters of mine - and the two of them are going to be roommates. <3

i stole benji's description from a rp and daniel's from a sb and i'm reeling at the difference in length before i made any edits

Benji's CP:

Spoiler! :
Name: Benjamin "Benji" Frost

Year: Sophomore

What They're Studying: Journalism

Appearance: He's tall. He's a little bit muscular, but it's not by much. His black hair is on the shorter side. It's also neatly styled, but he has a tendency to make it messy when he's stressed by running his fingers through it.

His eyes are a rich, dark brown. In some lights, they come across as a dark red or maroon - almost like when a camera catches the light weird when taking a photo. He's on the paler side, and his skin is free of any noticeable blemishes. His outfits usually involve jeans, sneakers and oversized hoodies. His outfits give off the vibe that he doesn't want to be noticed.

Other: He transferred in from another school. The courses there just weren't working for him, and he really wanted to be closer to the headquarters of the newspaper he has a part-time job at: The Skeptic. Think of them as the Buzzfeed Unsolved of this simulation, with an emphasis on not believing in the supernatural.

Daniel's CP:

Spoiler! :
Name: Daniel Leeds

Year: Junior

What They're Studying: Biology & Museum Studies

Appearance: He has the gritty sort of vibe you get from a post-apocalyptic/Supernatural character. The vibe doesn't extend to his personality, but it's a good way to describe his appearance. He's notably tall. He's not enormous, but he definitely is taller than most people by at least an inch. He's also lean; he has muscles, but they're well-hidden.

He has somewhat long brown hair that he almost always keeps in a ponytail, and a pair of silver eyes that are so light that they look white in some lights.

His outfits almost always include his brown leather jacket, black combat boots, silver ring, and jeans. The designs on the t-shirts he wears vary; sometimes they're plain, and other times they're not.

Other: He has a New Jersey accent, grew up with a lot of siblings, and despises being called Dan. He doesn't mind Daniel, Danny or even DL, but never call him Dan.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Annnnd posted! :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

benji is just scared littol noob

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon