Unyielding Stroke [OOC]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:43 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

That's completely alright! c: I'm glad you're vaccinated now. <3
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks! I'm actually only halfway vaccinated right now - I just got the first dose of the Moderna one. I should be getting my other one in the next few weeks, but I'm still not entirely protected right now.

(My risks of getting covid have gone down, though!)

Also, @Vil, I love the experimenting with the dialect! Your stories seem to take place all across the country, so it seems like a great thing to practice right now.

As for the answers to the questions:

Which I'm totally not coming up with on the fly.

If they find food there, what kind of food would it be? Probably some shelf-stable stuff-- we don't want someone to nom some very expired yogurt. Not a good start to their journey c:

I also think shelf-stable things would be good! They would probably be in cans that have faded writing on them. But it would also be fun having expired stuff out, too. :P

A lot of stores sell food with labels or packaging with lots of writing on them. Unless they speak the language it's written in on this world, the group can't really understand it-- so if it's okay to ask, what would it be? (If this spoils something, you really don't have to answer!) This might read to some potentially delightful chaos as everyone runs around the store grabbing anything that looks remotely familiar. Is that a bad thing? XD

Whoops I just realized my last answer also answered this question. :P

Any writing would be faded to the point where it couldn't be read, so running around and grabbing vaguely familiar things sounds like a great idea!

What might the setup be like? Modern grocery aisles or more like an open food court? Large or small building? Unless the building has power, the lights could also be out and the fridges not working.

I was actually imagining more of an outdoor market, but I think that there might be some indoor grocery stores, too! The specific design of the market I had in mind actually matches the outdoor market from an anime called Log Horizon - I think I was subconsciously thinking of it.

Here's two pictures of it!

(The second one fits it a bit better.)

The market will look as bad as the rest of the place, and probably not have too many resources they can use - we can have them go into a grocery store and raid it for more long-lasting items.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. c:
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:10 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Thank you c:

Also, @Magebird, I can't see your second picture ;-;
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oh, shoot! I'll try finding it again and reposting it on my computer.
mage

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

I hope you’re able to stay safe in that time! <3

That all looks great! Hopefully the questions weren’t too hard to think about. I just wanted everyone to go in there with some idea of what it might be like and what to do there. Here’s to raiding a mystery market. :P

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:27 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

They weren't! I just had to sit down and think. :P

(I'm really glad you asked, though - I was pretty much going to come up with it as they entered the market, which means I probably would have procrastinated on that post. >>)

Here's the market picture, by the way!

mage

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:55 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

(Happy to help! >>)

I love the way that looks! It seems like such an interesting place. :P

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks! It really was interesting in the show, so I'm excited to steal the design for this. :P

Also, anyone can post now! I'll probably get a post up in the next few hours, but you're free to write up posts before then. We're just having everyone head towards the center of the city.
mage

queer and here.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:48 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

Ah sorry for not replying in this sooner -- I was rather busy this week <.< so I'll try to type up replies to the other RPs I'm in as well lol.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

135 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:21 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

You’re all good! c:

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! :)

Fun fact: The market was originally going to be empty, but I had the idea for what was actually there after reading Jam's question. So thanks for the inspiration, @EditorAndPerks! <3

(Also, don't worry about not being able to reply until now!)
mage

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:13 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@Magebird "Flyswattahs" aren't gonna work, are they? ;-;
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:20 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

;)
mage

queer and here.

135 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:02 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

To those are curious— the show Skyler is referencing in my post but doesn’t actually name is a specific Doctor Who episode (Series 8, Episode 10, In the Forest of the Night). I watched that one for the first time yesterday and it made me think of this roleplay! The basic idea of the episode is that the whole city of London has become overgrown and turned into a forest, seemingly overnight.

The general plot of that story doesn’t actually seem to be the same as where this one is going, but it was really cool to see the similarities. Also, Doctor Who is a British show, and the episode is set in Sky’s hometown, so I thought it might be fun if she was a fan— and be able to make the connection. :P

silver (she/they)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That's definitely a cool connection! I'll have to come up with something that interrupts them before they can cut one of the trees because I have no idea how long those trees have been growing I swear I know Things about this story just not those Things.

Also, I love how Levi wasn't the only one who thought they should poke the skins. :P

I won't be able to post tonight, but I should be able to get a post up tomorrow!
mage

queer and here.

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge