z

Young Writers Society

The Rise from Tartarus DT

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:06 am
View Likes
yosh says...

Hey, I just started the beginning of the maybe-action if that's okay. It's where Rocs (Obviously sent by Cronus) come down to attack the vulnerable mortal forms of the gods. Whoever continues the post could probably make it where most of the gods are still intact, but Victoria is captured (not killed, because Cronus really wants that victory).

That was my idea at least. What are you guys' thoughts on this?
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:02 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I really like your post! The only thing I would say is that roc’s are from Middle Eastern mythology, and Cronos is Greek mythology. This is just a nitpick, so you can keep it that way if you want to! I just like to keep things accurate.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

129 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:14 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

@Valkyria Yeah at some point I realized that mistake, but I love rocs anyway so I decided it would be okay to use them.

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I like that idea! I'm also torn for the reason that @Valkyria was - since it's a different kind of mythology - but maybe we can find some kind of Greek equivalent?

Assuming that @TheRealEuphoria is okay with that, of course! It's their storybook, so I definitely don't want to change whatever plot they already have in mind for the story.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:41 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

I think we should find a greek equivalent. The Rocs are a great idea, though. I was a little confused on what Rocs were at first so I had to do some research.

We have to keep in mind that Cronus is VERY powerful and can basically conjure anything. I’m sure ya’ll are familiar in Percy Jackson, if so, remember the end of the second movie when Cronus is revealed? I was thinking he was more so powerful among those lines, with an army and such....

When the Gods arrive at the Empire State Building, i was thinking something could happen there, and that’s where Victoria would be taken, mostly to avoid the clutter of so much action within one location. Rocs are a little too... unrealistic. The Gods have plenty of time to receive the prophecies before Cronus attempts to take Earth. When I mean obstacles in the way, I mean maybe some goons, some weaknesses ( hint hint ;) ), stuff like that, up until Cronus gets closer to Earth.

Any ideas for equivalents?
"Our life is one big, proverbial coin toss." -Damon Salvatore

129 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:57 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

well griffins are basically greek rocs

or maybe

uh

a minotaur?

so i took another nap

129 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

also sorry for straying a little from the plot :(

so i took another nap

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Griffins would be fun! My first thought was harpies because they're Greek and have to do with birds, but I'm not really sure they'd side with Cronus - I don't know enough about them and their lore.

Also, @TheRealEuphoria, I was definitely thrown off a little when you mentioned the movies instead of the books. The Riordanverse fan in me desperately wants to recommend that you check out the books if you like the movies - they cover so much more and are really entertaining. :)

But fangirling aside, I see what you mean. One of the big things in Percy Jackson no matter who the big villain happens to be is that the villain can always get someone who's upset with the gods on their side - even other gods. Minor spoilers for the first book here, so read the spoiler at your risk:

Spoiler! :
In the first book, for example, Kronos gets Ares on his side when it comes to stealing Zeus's lightning bolt and blaming Percy because Ares wants violence - even though Ares is a god and should theoretically side with the other Olympians.

So it might be fun to sit down and have a scheming session on who exactly would join Cronus, and which of those people would be most likely to take Nike. :)
mage

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:07 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I was thinking harpies too @Magebird, and I would like to to suggest Eris to join Cronus. If I remember correctly, she is the goddess of chaos and discord.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

11 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:33 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

Persephone too maybe? Cronus could grant her freedom from Hades in return.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The Persephone x Hades shipper in me just died a little at that suggestion, but I have to remember the OG myths didn't have their relationship be as respectful as my favorite retellings do now. >>

(On the topic of retellings, Lore Olympus and Punderworld are both really interesting retellings of Greek mythology! If anyone needs inspiration for this, I highly recommend checking them out.)

But I'm definitely down for Eris! Maybe Hera could also be up for joining Cronus's side? She might want to get revenge on Zeus for cheating 24/7, while also wanting to insure that her kids don't get hurt by his return.

Alternatively, we could have some kind of blackmail situation with some gods! Cronus could threaten to hurt someone or take something they care about, forcing them to join up with him.
mage

queer and here.

129 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:45 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Magebird wrote:The Persephone x Hades shipper in me just died a little at that suggestion, but I have to remember the OG myths didn't have their relationship be as respectful as my favorite retellings do now. >>

(On the topic of retellings, Lore Olympus and Punderworld are both really interesting retellings of Greek mythology! If anyone needs inspiration for this, I highly recommend checking them out.)

But I'm definitely down for Eris! Maybe Hera could also be up for joining Cronus's side? She might want to get revenge on Zeus for cheating 24/7, while also wanting to insure that her kids don't get hurt by his return.

Alternatively, we could have some kind of blackmail situation with some gods! Cronus could threaten to hurt someone or take something they care about, forcing them to join up with him.

Blackmail sounds nice. That would up the action and suspense.

so i took another nap

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:46 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Persephone is a good idea, but I’d like to point out that in the original original myths, she had a different name and went to the underworld by choice. Her original name meant little girl and she traveled to the underworld and was kind of just like “yeah I’m staying here” and Hades was like “uh... okay?” And then it was only when Demeter found out that Zeus got involved. He renamed her Persephone and came up with the deal about half of her time in both worlds. Persephone also basically means chaos bringer (if I remember correctly) so she was renamed because of how ridiculously chaotic things got when she decided to stay in the underworld and her mother disagreed. Just throwing that out there in case anyone is interested or can think of a twist off of that!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

129 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:13 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

1. I think Apollo can be a traitor. His pride and love for music can be used to Cronus's advantage to sway Apollo to his side. (And also its been a long time since I roleplayed as a villain)

2. I really want to get a third character since we probably need Nike captured and I'm in the process of figuring out what I can do to make Apollo a traitor. So, i was just wondering, @TheRealEuphoria , if its okay that I get a third character?

so i took another nap

11 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:31 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

What third character were you thinking? @Yoshikrab I’m sure it’s fine :)

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle