Young Writers Society

The Rise from Tartarus DT

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @TheRealEuphoria! He's barely like the Thanatos I already had, so I'm really happy with how he came out. <3

I'll get a post up soon, by the way! I'm hoping to get it written today, but it might be a few days before I actually have the post ready to go - I'm doing NaNo this year, so that's my main priority when I'm in a writing mood.

Before I do, I just wanted to share a fun piece of information I discovered while doing my research - apparently, a certain person named Sisyphus (who you might recognize as the man who has to keep pushing the boulder up a hill for all of eternity) once trapped Thanatos to stop death from happening. Ares was the one who freed him, but it seems like the only reason he helped out was because he was upset he wasn't getting any dead people in his wars. :P

I'm not sure what your take on Ares's motivations would be, @winterwolf0100, but I'd love to have Thanatos feel slightly closer to Ares because he helped him out. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:07 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Omg, I love that myth @Magebird! I read that in Rick Riordan's Greek Gods book!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:08 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Apollo's line was perfect @TheRealEuphoria ! I'm still working on my next Apollo post.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:52 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@Magebird, that’s very interesting! I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to a friendship or at least being closer allies than with some of the others!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:16 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Hello. Its nice to meet everyone :) :D :D :) :)
also somone asked who i wanted to be... can i be artemis?? she soops cool.. (im so lame for writing that>.< )
Last edited by Haileyg21 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:32 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

winterwolf0100 wrote:@Yoshikrab, @Haileyg21, and @Valkyria, you don’t have to join, but I’m going to send another discord link since the last expired. I think it would be fun if you did join! The link expires in one day, so if you’d rather give me your discord username and me send an invite on there, I’d also be happy to do that. : )

https://discord.gg/y5qxswex

I cant join discord. Um ill figure something out. sorry for the inconvenience
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I finally caught up on all of the posts! I'm not sure if I'll be able to post for the next few hours, but I'd love to get the next post up if no one minds! I can have Thanatos run into Nike on his way to meet up with the others. :)
mage

queer and here.

130 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:59 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

@Magebird okay

I was thinking that since Victoria can grant victory, she shouldn't be with the other gods (Because that would be op). I thought she meets the other gods briefly but is then taken or stolen or something like that.

so i took another nap

33 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:00 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

@Haileyg21 no it’s not an inconvenience! It isn’t required, just several of the other storybooks I’m in have discord servers, but even for them not everybody is on them. It’s really okay.
he/she/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Yoshikrab, I like that idea! I was actually thinking something along similar lines when I was reading Nike's CP - I thought having the power to grant victory would be incredibly useful. If Cronus manages to snag her, that would up the stakes for our group of gods a little more. :)

Also, I posted! When I wrote Thanatos's CP, I had it in my head that he'd come off as aloof to the other gods. But I guess he's just really awkward and kind of cute? Not how I expected my latest death deity to turn out, but I definitely don't have any objections to it. :P
mage

queer and here.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm
View Likes
TheRealEuphoria says...

I love the post @MageBird! I’m going to start working on my next Aphrodite post.

@Haileyg21 Please get your character profile and first post up asap :)
"Our life is one big, proverbial coin toss." -Damon Salvatore

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @TheRealEuphoria! I'm glad you enjoyed it - I had a lot of fun writing it. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I love the latest post! It was cool seeing Thanatos from Aphrodite's perspective - and seeing how much a death god spooks someone whose powers have so much to do with the living.

Thanatos walks up just in time to answer the question, "She's a goddess as well. This is Nike. Or, as she would like to be called, Victoria."

Also, I'm just imagining Thanatos internally being like, "Yes! I didn't come across as awkward and weird - and I didn't get flustered when I was talking, either." after he finished introducing Nike. The introduction also implies they got to a point in the conversation where she introduced herself to him, so he has to be floating on cloud nine right now. :P
mage

queer and here.

130 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:22 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

Magebird wrote:I love the latest post! It was cool seeing Thanatos from Aphrodite's perspective - and seeing how much a death god spooks someone whose powers have so much to do with the living.

Thanatos walks up just in time to answer the question, "She's a goddess as well. This is Nike. Or, as she would like to be called, Victoria."

Also, I'm just imagining Thanatos internally being like, "Yes! I didn't come across as awkward and weird - and I didn't get flustered when I was talking, either." after he finished introducing Nike. The introduction also implies they got to a point in the conversation where she introduced herself to him, so he has to be floating on cloud nine right now. :P

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

so i took another nap

33 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:05 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Love the new post! I would say Ares probably knows who Nike is just because victory in war is really important to him. He may not recognize her as a girl but once he hears her name he’d know who she was. Otherwise, looks great!
he/she/they

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence