View Likes
JoyDark says...

Sorry this is so late! Her is Helena, hopefully okay for this mission:

Spoiler! :
Full Name: Helena Daphne Harris

Role: A scrappy teenage girl who lives on her own in her world

Alignment: True Neutral

Race: Human, Space-walker

Appearance: Medium-brown skin that's ashy around the legs, about 5'6'', 130 pounds, relatively thin/below average (though not skinny) build, big brown eyes that almost look black, very curly hair a dark brown, currently styled into several fraying braids. Normally she wears a gray-brown hoodie, black tennis shoes, blue jeans that are ripped slightly around the pockets, and a variety of informal T-shirts. She also carries a backpack, in which is some food, water, and a rolled-up sleeping bag, in which is her clothes, money, a toothbrush and toothpaste, two pocket knives (one larger than the other), and a phone and a charger.

Personality: Helena is rough around the edges. She has a biting wit and can think quickly, and is intelligent for her age. She's also hard-working, determined, and stubborn. If she needs to get something done, she will, even if it irritates her. Helena has great discipline. Despite this, she does get frustrated easily, though she's gotten good at keeping that frustration from boiling over.

She's tough because she has to be. Living the way she does, she can't trust anyone, so she's out for herself. Helena tries not to get attached to others, even though her nature is to be sympathetic and helpful to those in need. She's learned to be more hard-hearted, but she's still got that sympathy and willingness to help from her old life buried deep inside her. She's willing to defend herself at nearly any costs, but she'll also help those she truly cares about because of that softness deep inside. It takes a while to form a true bond with Helena, especially since she doesn't like trusting people (even though sometimes bonds form despite her trying to stop them), and she can hold a grudge for a long time. Concerning her powers, Helena usually only uses them for self-defense, and only if she can't avoid it.

Brief History: Helena lives in a world where some humans have special abilities, called Walkers. There are Dream-walkers, Thought-walkers, Memory-walkers, Water-walkers, Wind-walkers, Wall-walkers, Space-walkers, and Time-walkers. After some of these people, the more dangerous ones, started wreaking havoc on cities around the world, the existence of any sort of Walker was outlawed. If one is found out, they were locked up in concentration camps or simply put to death if deemed too dangerous.

Helena is a Space-walker, one of the rarer types of Walker. Space-walkers can essentially teleport through space, no matter the distance. She can also teleport small objects with her, though not anything huge (including other people). Helena realized this when she was 13 years old, and started experimenting with her powers until she became reasonably good at them. About five months ago, the government identified Helena as a Space-walker and sent officials to track her down. Helena managed to evade them and went on the run, teleporting to a different state in America, trying to draw the attacks away from her family. She's been on the run ever since, occasionally getting into fights with officials when they find her. Recently she interacted with a gang of violent Walkers whose main goal is to break into a concentration camp and free the Walkers inside. They asked Helena to join them, and though she turned them away at first thought, she's been having second thoughts.

Talents: As a Space-walker, Helena can teleport a near unlimited distance, though it involves some calculation on her part. Because Helena has known she's been a Space-walker for a while, she has near mastery over her abilities. Helena can also defend herself without her powers. Though she's never had any formal training, she can scrap it up with the best of them. She's not afraid to play dirty. After first going on the run, her experiences with officials have taught her how to efficiently defend herself. Her father also taught her basic self-defense skills, and when she was in middle school she took an interest in boxing, which eventually led to her becoming more knowledgeable in that area. She's also very athletic, as she engaged in many sports before she ran away. She played soccer from the age of 6 and started playing basketball at the suggestion of her brother right before she ran away from home. Helena also is relatively smart, though she didn't try much in school.

Other: Helena has an older brother named Dariel. He and Helena are good friends, even though they annoy each other sometimes. Dariel is funny, genius-level smart and more than a little awkward (especially in social settings). He's a bit aloof, but most of the time he's a nice guy to be around. Dariel and Helena stuck by each other, and for the most part trusted each other. Dariel was the first person to know Helena was a Space-walker, but didn't tell anyone, instead interested in his sister's abilities and even helped her gain a bit of mastery over them... well, as much as he could. Helena misses him a lot.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:30 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Don't worry about it, @Lia5Giba! Helena looks great - and so does your post for her. <3

Also, I posted! If the joke isn't clear from the post, Captain Foxy (who's actually from Earth, but has just been stuck in Minecraft for a bit) is a total anime fan and is calling out how the set-up of this roleplay is accidentally a lot like an isekai anime.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:44 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I'll be posting later! I have the perfect character so she'll be joining the group shortly c: Her name is Siren if that helps any ;)
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:27 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheBlueCat, I love that name! I can't wait to see what she's like. <3

Also, I feel so bad for Tove. None of those spells are going to work because of Plot. >>
mage

queer and here.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:13 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Poor Tove. She's only here to suffer. But I do love her
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

102 Reviews

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Posted, and meet Siren!
Spoiler! :
This is what she has right now since she's a brand new character, and she's ~mysterious~ anyways : P

Name: Siren (No given name that she knows)

Appearance: She's barely 4 foot with extremely long dark-brown hair(never been cut), large blue eyes, and sunburnt but tanned skin. Since she's seven years old(sorry, seven and a half xD), she looks like a child(duh), but she's very thin(due to having to scavenge for her own food) and long-limbed. She wears a toga-style dress made of black and white material of indeterminate pattern, tied at the waist with a red faux-silk sash. The toga style is partly due to making clothes with what she can find, and partly an homage to Roman bards. She never wears shoes, since she can never find any. Her hair is either down or tied up in some simple way if she can find something to tie it with. She tries to stay clean and tidy, but that's pretty hard when you live in the forest and have to steal to get soap.

Personality: Pretty much TBD. Since she's been on her own for as long as she can remember, she latches on to anyone who is not repulsed by her. She loves making people happy and is very, uh, quirky so if they don't know her, typically people think she's adorable and pretty funny. Hoping for a comic-relief-type character, but I'm going to try to let her develop on her own, too.

Background: Her world is in a medieval-type era currently. Magic exists, but is punishable as a crime. She never knew her parents or any relatives, and lived alone on the fringes of a small village, surviving off instinct, thievery, and the grace of a few who took pity on her when she was young. Despite all this, she is very cheerful and peppy and loves people, although she is a little 'crazy' from living alone for her whole life.

Other: Her magic is music. She can pick up an play any instrument, and sing like a, well, siren. The music is actually magical, sometimes like a siren might use it, but she never wants to hurt anyone, so most of the time she just sings to make people happy. In general, it is mind manipulation, but she doesn't know everything she can do with it, and neither do I : P
She has an enchanted satchel that is literally just a Mary Poppins bag where she keeps all her instruments and a few stolen items like her thin blanket, some stale bread and old vegetables, a few slivers of soap, a couple coins, and a handful of flat rocks for rock-skipping. She owns mostly stringed instrument and anything else she can play and sing at the same time, but she also owns a few wind instruments. She has found or stolen all of them. Half of the ones she's found she has unknowingly sung into existence. That came out of nowhere so I guess this is also part of her magic now haha

Most of Siren is a get-to-know-her basis right now, so we'll toss her to the wolves and see how she does *shrug*

Let me know if there's anything else you would like to know about her! ^-^
she/her please <3

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:49 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Welp, Tove's gonna try and adopt that kiddo now
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@RavenLord, that'll definitely be interesting - both Erevan and Foxy are going to try to do the same thing. :P

Erevan will be more subtle, but Foxy will be very open about it.

I love your post by the way, @SirenCymbaline! Siren is adorable and I can't wait to see her interacting with the rest of the cast.

On that note, I think we're all set to start this quest! If anyone else joins later on, we can come up with a convenient explanation for why they weren't summoned with the other heroes. :P
mage

queer and here.

102 Reviews

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:14 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Yes yes this is going to be wonderful xD I'm not sure how Siren is going to react to all the love but it'll be fun to see hehe

mage you tagged SirenCymbaline haha
she/her please <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Oh my god I'm so tired I didn't even notice-

Siren, I'm sorry for the tag. :P

It doesn't help that you both have characters named Siren.

I'll try to get a post up soon, by the way! Not sure when, but I already have some fun ideas for it. :)
mage

queer and here.

4103 Reviews

Reviews: 4103
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:20 pm
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Oh dear...Siren's backstory is eerily close to Harry's own origins back when he was that young...and did I mention he's a BIG SOFTIE...
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

102 Reviews

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:22 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Whoops I didn't mean to break all of the characters xD
she/her please <3

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:24 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

me: has a plot for once

siren: appears

me: furiously revises mental plan to include adopting the seven year old as part of the group bonding activities
mage

queer and here.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:03 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Well, I know that Helena won’t want to adopt her. She’ll probably just feel sorry for Siren and roll her eyes at everyone else trying to smother her with love.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

102 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:00 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Ahahaha xD
she/her please <3

"When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are."
— Mikhail Baryshnikov