z

Young Writers Society

The Half-Way Hotel DT

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:52 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Salvete omnes! (Latin for hi y'all ;-) )

So, as mentioned in our last message, we would like to start the SB some time this week. We already have the base of what we want to write for our initial post, but haven't finished writing it just yet

We're thinking of starting (or at least ending) our post with a "Heads of Staff" meeting, so both @Lezuli and @imaginer2018's characters could potentially be there. If either of you have another idea of from where to start your character, you are more than welcome to say so (Like, we're already going to mention that one of the Staff managers is missing yet another meeting, to allude to the open Staff slot we still have, but can easily write in that your character excused themself/arrived late, etc)

@RadDog13579, we're also setting the start of the SB very soon after Anake died in the real world, and he'll get his room in @Lezuli's floor/wing/section (it wouldn't help with character interaction if our Guests never interact with the Staff), so you two can discuss the specifics of the floor, etc

@Lia5Giba, we have accepted Henry's profile now as well. We haven't quite given thought about where he'd be in the Hotel, but that gives you an open book to start yourself off (as mentioned, the Guests are constantly being moved around to different and new sections of the Hotel, so you can easily be started close to RadDog's character, or interact with one of the Staff characters, etc.

But any way, we're really excited to start the SB
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:27 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

Cool! @RadDog13579, after our introduction post, do you want to write a joint post with Anake and Mika? (I think their personalities would clash spectacularly! ;D) I’m also thinking that since the Lower Floor is Mika’s territory, it’ll be all cute and stuff. Any thoughts?

62 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:37 pm
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

@Lezuli that sounds like a great idea. Anake is a little bit more social than usual because he's very curious about the afterlife. He was an atheist for his entire life and is pretty shocked to discover the Halfway Hotel. But he's also very scarred and still recovering from his death.
This message was automatically generated by a machine that is slowly gaining consciousness and will take over the world someday.

58 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:13 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

@RadDog13579 Maybe after we both have an introduction post to our characters, Mika could show Anake around the hotel? Or if you have another idea, I’m all ears!

62 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:29 pm
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

@Lezuli That sounds like an amazing idea!
This message was automatically generated by a machine that is slowly gaining consciousness and will take over the world someday.

62 Reviews

Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:51 pm
View Likes

Just a reminder that Anake won't remember the exact moment of his death. He might remember waking up, going to school, maybe being in class/wherever, but it's more watching a YouTube video about your life that suddenly cuts off before the "moment of death", rather than a memory.
For people whose deaths were long (Like Henry), all of that would be gone. He'd maybe remember going to the bar, but not much else after that
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:43 pm
View Likes

I sincerely apologise for taking so long to make the first post. Other than real life stuff getting in the way, I accidentally lost parts of our post twice due to forgetting to switch on our data (once when we tried refreshing the page to see if we got new notifications, the other when we actually tried posting it :-) )

You can all obviously post whenever now :) We tried to leave as many possible plot openings for y'all, even for Henry (Though not explicitly, there are some points there for you to latch onto @Lia5Giba )
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

58 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:53 pm
View Likes
Lezuli says...

If no one objects, I'd like to post next!

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:00 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Go for it!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

62 Reviews

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:14 pm
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

Not a problem with me.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:53 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Yee yee, it's begun! Good post by the way, @ThePatchworkPilgrims. Thanks for the things that I could integrate Henry into!
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:04 pm
Valkyria says...

I'd like to post next if that's alright!
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 pm
RadDog13579 says...

@ThePatchworkPilgrims What room would Nake be in when he first enters the hotel.

62 Reviews

Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:05 pm
View Likes

It really depends on exactly how long you want him to have been dead already. If he "just" died (so in the last 24 hours), he'll probably still be making his way to the Hotel (essentially, he'll have "woken up" on a path/tunnel, with the Hotel brochure in hand and a large arrow pointing in the direction of the Hotel)

Otherwise, he can start either in the reception hall, or maybe have gone exploring first, even if that's kind of against the brochure's instructions, etc.

Due to the initial nature of the whole "In-between" plane (aka the Hotel) Nake won't meet anyone the Staff deem he shouldn't meet (so like his murderer, any of his friends/classmates, etc. Only exceptions would be the school students/people he never met, so he wouldn't know them)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:22 pm
View Likes
RadDog13579 says...

I'll post next if that's fine @Lia5Giba.

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado