Young Writers Society

The Wayfarers [OOC]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:38 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

If each location is significant to each character, there's a danger they all have to overcome. If they overcome the danger, they can go to the mist or the mist comes anyway.

I like this!!

Every character has their own fears, right? So what if the "danger" is some kind of tangible form of their fears? Maybe it can all first manifest at the rocks and then they flee to the mist, and then after that each location is tailored to one character with their fear they need to overcome. They can use the others as an emotional support group omg

just thinking out loud haha so many possibilities!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:39 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

You guys beat me to posting. :P

So this post is a little outdated.

I love all of this.

I really like the idea of this place being a test run location, especially considering that it doesn't really have anything to do with Lykos.

And having a danger to overcome would definitely be a fun arc to have in each of the places!

Now, to figure out what place holds the most meaning for Lykos...
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:41 pm
View Likes
Carina says...

LOL ikr everyone is so fast at posting

totally not part of the problem
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:42 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Maybe the first couple of dangers aren't full out character development, but a tease for what's to come. Little things specific to each character that will slap them in the face when the mist takes them to Lykos's place or Annabeth's place.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:07 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

When we get to Maggie's section...things gonna get wack

I think the key to figuring out what place is best for each character is first figuring out exactly how personal we're going to get. Like, are they real locations that the characters will recognize specifically as part of or relating to their past, or are they more metaphorical than that?

Without giving character spoilers, if I were to vote on a place for Maggie that was specifically relevant, maybe their workshop or a location from their backstory would come to mind. On the other hand, if it's more metaphorical, I could go the route of, as I voted earlier, saying the Parthenon in Athens, or...a few other places.

Mage is trying to figure out some things 'bout mah kiddo and I'm trying to see how long I can go without full-on revealing it
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:58 am
View Likes
VioletFantasy says...

Wow, you guys have really been brainstorming! Sorry that I haven't gotten a chance to post until now. I love all of the ideas, especially the ones about traveling to places that have a significance to each character. I don't know what Samantha's place will be yet, but I'll start thinking about it. A danger at each stop would be good too. It would keep the plot entertaining and exciting. I love a good adventure!

It looks like it's my turn to post, so I better get to work. So far, Samantha has been staying out of the action, so I might try to give her some interesting dialogue to liven it up. I'll try to have it done by tomorrow morning!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@VioletFantasy, don't worry about! Life happens, and you definitely don't need to be on the site 24/7.

Also, sorry for the notification spam you might have gotten.

So here's what we have so far, just to make it easier for us as we keep writing this roleplay:

-We'll have seven places total. The mist transports the characters to each place.
-Each of the following places corresponds to one of the characters. There's some challenge they need to overcome.
-The challenge might be related to their fears, and will take form of something like a natural disaster at this first place. Fleeing from that natural disaster will send our group inland, right up until the mist finally overtakes them.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:35 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Yup!

I do feel like Maggie's needs to be one of the first ones, though, which sounds kinda selfish but if she doesn't have some kind of motive for opening up a little, or if she's not forced to trust the group with anything in particular early on, she's just gonna be like that NPC that follows you around and never speaks.

he/they

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:06 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kaz can go at any time! He's not going to be incredibly open about personal stuff at the moment for reasons mostly related to him being in pain which is a damper on his mood lol but he won't have problems interacting w/everyone and stuff :)
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:33 am
View Likes
Carina says...

I can't wait to see all the WACK especially from Maggie

I don't have a preference when I'd go but I would love to see Maggie first! She already intrigues me and plus you are hyping her up and I m U S T KNOW

I think the key to figuring out what place is best for each character is first figuring out exactly how personal we're going to get.

This is a good question! Like, what do we want to get from each of the characters? Do we want to make it personal by trying to uncover and face their fears? Or do we want something light where are we simply learning about each other's backgrounds (hence a location tailored to each character) and running away from a common enemy/danger?

I think it would be pretty neat to take a more personal route, but maybe its interpretation can be up to the rolelpayer? Low key am taking this opprtunity to learn more about my character so it'll be an interesting experience lol not only in my arc but also to react to everyone else's!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm definitely okay with Maggie going first!

I'm still developing Lykos - at least, him at this point in his story - so it would be good having a little more time before I throw him into a place somehow related to him.

I think it would be pretty neat to take a more personal route, but maybe its interpretation can be up to the rolelpayer? Low key am taking this opprtunity to learn more about my character so it'll be an interesting experience lol not only in my arc but also to react to everyone else's!

I definitely agree with that! I like the idea of being able to pick - it would probably help @TheMulticoloredCyr keep Maggie's secret a little longer, as well as help us as a group be more flexible if we're struggling to come up with a specific place for our characters. :)
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:50 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

someone was supposed to go next, right? I can't really remember

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@VioletFantasy is! :)
mage

queer and here.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:57 pm
View Likes
VioletFantasy says...

Yes! I’m sorry that it took me so long! School has been hectic and my friend’s house burnt down, so it’s been a long week xD.

95 Reviews

Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:02 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Oh wow, I hope your friend is okay

And don't worry about it too much, taking some time to post is perfectly fine! Gotta deal with real life first.

Also, I'm about to post, should I include the Event? Like, the earthquake or whatever it is we're going with, since I think we've addressed everything we will be addressing in this particular interaction.

he/they

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady