z

Young Writers Society

'The Odin', Part One: Finding the Odin OOC

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:08 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

Excellent question. I think they broke up because they just didn't need to do it anymore, it's a risky profession an they made so much money out f it they didn't really need to keep doing it. I just came up with these specifics on the spot, but I had something to the general effect of this in mind early on.
-_-

44 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:55 am
View Likes
IamI says...

Alright, Necromancer14 said he’s busy, anyone want to take the role of the other bounty hunter?
-_-

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:15 am
View Likes
QuoolQuo says...

I'd be happy to take it if no one else does

44 Reviews

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:55 am
View Likes
IamI says...

That sounds good to me.

@hgsomeone
-_-

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:04 am
QuoolQuo says...

@IamI

Done, though I may have been a bit flexible with the whole 'bounty hunter' aspect. Either way, hopefully it has the same effect.

44 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:33 am
View Likes
IamI says...

I think it would be interesting to have him work with the law enforcement characters, though I’ll have to see if HarryHardy had other things in mind.

Also, the cast is now complete! I’ll get an announcement out later today.

This is so exciting!
-_-

4106 Reviews

Reviews: 4106
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:35 pm
KateHardy says...

Ooooh this is fun!!

I love that our other bounty hunter is going to be so different from the rest and was also part of law enforcement. That could lead to some pretty interesting scenes with the other two. :) There are so many things that could happen there.

I can't wait for his to get started now!!

When are we going to start?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

44 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

Soon. I actually did some work on my post yesterday.

Also, just a quick question (since you're more familiar with storybooks than I am) does the creator usually post first, or is that a thing that's discussed among the group?
-_-

4106 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:06 pm
KateHardy says...

Posting is pretty much completely dependent on the plot...so like depending on which character would drive the plot forward that person would post...its just than on most occasions the creator has the main lead character so it makes sense for them to go first but if another character would make more sense to start the story off then that person would go first. I think in my sb...the first post was a collab as a sort of prologue then I think I actually went last in the posting order because that was what made the most sense.

And yaa usually you discuss sort of what needs to happen before deciding the posting order.

Also usually the first round of posts in an sb are introductions to each character so the order is just like whoever finished their posts first but in this case I think it would make sense for the pirates to go first and then the others so you going first would be the best option but then the others probably need to discuss who'll go in what order.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

44 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:27 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

@HarryHardy thanks!

@LittleLee I wanted to run an Idea by you: I was thinking we could have your character go first, with his part ending when he tracks down John and delivers him a message (something to the effect of "either you pay me the amount you are worth, or I take you). I feel this would be the most efficient way to kick the plot off, since it is really dependent on John being threatened enough to bring the crew back together and start pirating again. Just an idea and if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Also, if anyone else has any ideas as to how the plot should progress, feel free to toss them out; I only have a general outline, so anything that can fill it in would be helpful.
-_-

4106 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:54 pm
KateHardy says...

Ahh that does sound like a good idea @IamI. Let's see what @LittleLee has to say.

And I think probably my characters should go last for the first post. I'm imagining like after the bounty hunters do the threatening and the pirates start to assemble, maybe this activity gets reported Anna and Kate's bosses and then these two are informed of this in that first post.

What do you think?
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

44 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:01 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

@HarryHardy I think that's good idea, I was wondering how they would figure in this first part, since they're more important in the second and third parts, so it's great to have that figured out.
-_-

4106 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:11 pm
KateHardy says...

Ahh yes I was also thinking about how they might not really be that big of a deal in this part of it.

Glad that you like it!

I'm thinking in part 1 I'll focus mostly on who they are as characters and sort of try to establish their story as they follow leads here and there...and show their relationship and all.

So maybe basically they like have a background sort of plot line where I can maybe explore the history of how law enforcement has had trouble with this crew and all. It'll be kind of like a subplot while the main odin crew getting together story is happening

Then in part 2 and 3 they get into some actual action.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:43 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

I'm good with posting. I will, however, have to write a bit for John too. His dialogues and all. Is that okay?
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

44 Reviews

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:59 pm
View Likes
IamI says...

@LittleLee that's good, but would you be able to just have it be his dialogue from your character's point of view? The timelines overlap and if you write it from John's point of view we'd just end up with the same scene from the same point of view twice, which would be awkward.
-_-

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill