Young Writers Society

Apartment 309E [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I kept forgetting to mention it here, but I love that last post, @soundofmind and @TheMulticoloredCyr! It was comedy gold. You also did an amazing job writing Daniel. <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:00 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Aww haha thank you Mage!
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I know @SebiGhoul is working on a post for my World Conquerors storybook right now, so it might be a little while until we get a post in this - unless @TheMulticoloredCyr or I want to sneak one in.

Any thoughts on some fun shenanigans we can have our characters get into in the near future? I'm down for pretty much anything! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:34 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey guys!

It's been a little while since this storybook had any activity, so I thought I'd give it a little nudge. Do you want to post next still, @SebiGhoul? If not, Cyr or me could probably take over for that next post!

(I'm guessing it would probably be me, since Cyr and sound collaborated on the last post?)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:02 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I wouldn't mind collabing on another post with you or Sebi - whoever would wanna go next :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:36 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hey guys!

It's been a little bit since I posted in here, but I wanted to give an update on the cast of this storybook. @SebiGhoul and I talked away from the DT about posts in the storybook, and Sebi decided it was best to drop out of it. Since the storybook only just begun, there's a few different options we can take.

1.) We could insert a new character & pretend they were always there instead of Marceline. Similarly, we can pretend Marceline was never there to begin with and pretend that there's always been three characters. I'm not a big fan of either one of these.

2.) We could have someone else join the storybook and write Marceline, or just stick with the three of us and keep Marceline in as an NPC. I'm okay with this if @SebiGhoul is, but I'd like to use it as a last resort.

3.) Or we have Marceline leave the apartment for some character-related reason and have a new person take Marceline's place. Alternatively, Marceline can leave and we don't get a new character/writer - we just stick with our three for a bit. This is the idea I'm the fondest of. We could even start with just us three and add someone else later on if we want to spice things up.

So we're basically trying to decide if we want a new writer and how to deal with Marceline's involvement in the plot.

What are your thoughts, @TheMulticoloredCyr and @soundofmind?
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:54 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Aww, it's sad to see Sebi go! But I understand!

And hmm, I'm partial to option 3 as well. I think if we can, it'd be best to write Marceline out of the story. Maybe you could ask Sebi if something like, a "family emergency" or a "new job opportunity in [other state]" would work?

I'm not too fussed whether or not we pick up another writer and character/roommate for the SB. I would be grateful for another writer to help keep posts going of course, but if everyone else is down to keep things going with the three of us, we could also do that, ahah.

THAT SAID, I'm down if you maybe post an ad on your wall (which I ofc would repost) to see if anyone's interested!

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:58 am
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I agree with all that was said by Sound.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:05 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'll ask Sebi and see what works best!

If you're both okay with it, I'm cool with sticking to our current cast of three for now and adding someone new later! It gives our characters time to adjust to losing a roommate before getting a new one. :)
mage

queer and here.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:07 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Sounds good to me! :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:30 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I DMed Sebi, so hopefully we'll get an answer soon!

I'll write up a Daniel post soon where he's dealing with Marceline no longer being in their apartment. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm, uh, working on a post right now, and Daniel really isn't doing good. I've never put him in a situation like this before, so it looks like he's apparently more clingy than I thought he was?
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I posted! It was mostly just Daniel missing Marceline, but I snuck a mention of Maggie and Wilson in there. :)

He really needs an intervention.

(Then again, his reignited obsession with finding cryptids might help us in the long run? In the future, it could be part of what helps him find out the truth about Maggie & Wilson. >>)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It's only been a few days since I last posted here, but I want to get more on top of my storybooking game. :P

I'm really excited to see how Maggie and Wilson react to Marceline leaving! I don't know who is posting next or how much that will come up in the next post, but I'm sure that it'll be mentioned at least once. I wonder if they're as terrible with dealing with their grief as Daniel is. >>

Or if he's the one who's overreacting and the other two are like "I can always just text Marceline."
mage

queer and here.

News is not a game show. You don't win a car if you happen to be right.
— John Oliver