Well you know, like me like Oria :P ;)
I'm winning at life!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:21 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

So I, uh, kind of dropped the ball on keeping up with this.

@SebiGhoul and @TheMulticoloredCyr, do you have any ideas for Peg and Syl's character arcs?

Also, @SirenCymbaline, @EverLight, @Stormblessed242 and @Liberty, any thoughts on what we should do next with the plot?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Uhh I don't really know but I'm assuming @magebird, you have a rough outline of what you want happening to this SB? =)
*insert quirky signature here*

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:52 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

@Liberty Imma just copy paste Mage's memo from a couple pages ago

Magebird wrote:I definitely should have replied to this thread sooner, but at least late is better than never?

@SebiGhoul and @TheMulticoloredCyr, I think you might be the only ones who haven't answered the questions yet? I feel like you might have mentioned them to me away from the DT, but I can't remember what you said. ^^"

Also, here's a rundown of what we have so far for planning purposes!

- Enid needs to deal with her death; her rumor will spread the plague
    - Eli needs to form their own identity; their rumor will make their appearance physically shift
    - Alexios needs to deal with the whole soulmate situation; his rumor will involve a reason for his downwards spiral into depression
    - Nyx needs to learn responsibility; her rumor is undecided
    - Oria needs to accept her past and imperfections; her rumor is undecided

We're still waiting on Peg & Syl's character arcs. :)

I feel like Eli's rumor can work well in the background of another rumor. Maybe it's because we discussed their connection early on in the scheming process for the storybook, but I really think it would be cool if the other rumor was Enid's.

We also have to decide if we want to start off with a big rumor - like Enid's - or start off with a smaller one to build suspense.

Also:

God, I feel like it's been ages since I first created Oria and I feel so out of touch with her now but I'll try.

@EverLight, that is a mood.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

59 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:18 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

And @Magebird I'm basically going to do all of my planning by ripping off the pacing of Hanako-kun but yanno

The basic way these arcs go is

1-rumour gets spread and makes the nasty happen
2-heroes go to the relevant Domain and poke through surreal visual metaphors for emotional baggage to find the apparition's Special Object, while dodging the apparition in question who is usually in berseko territorial mode cos of the rumours
3-breaking/stealing the object fixes everything and big character moments happen

Let's SPEEDRUN the introductory round, and best case scenario, weave in some worldbuilding and sow the seeds of arcs to come while we're at it

I think we should start off with a smaller, lower-stakes arc and then work our way up to the most chillingest and darkestest

that don't mean the first one has to be picking cats out of trees, just that it needs to be comparatively smaller potatoes next to the bigger ones.

e.g 'dust bunnies are attacking ppl' or 'students are disappearing on the stairs' before 'zombies are everywhere' or 'demon bears are hiding in the floorboards'

Whatever we want to start with, we can always change our later plans to make them more chilling than the last so let's not worry too much.

We just uh... need the rest of the arcs in before we can properly compare them sooo bring those in pls

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:28 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I mean this entire storybook is ripping off TBHK. :P

I wholeheartedly agree with that! We definitely need @TheMulticoloredCyr and @SebiGhoul's arcs before we can decide which arcs need to go first, but I'm down for pushing Eli's a little sooner if I have to. If not, I'm happy keeping their arc paired up with Enid's!
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:26 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm not sure if anyone has already seen this on my wall, but my grandfather passed away this morning. It's been coming for a long time, but this Sunday he was admitted to the ICU after an intense surgery. We knew this was coming.

I'll still be lurking around the site, but I likely won't be as active in this DT as I have been in the past for the next week or two. I apologize in advance if it takes me awhile to respond to any questions or discussions here.
mage

queer and here.

59 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:59 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

What if instead of waiting for everyone to have arc ideas, we just think about the ones we do have and let the others come up with theirs while the story progresses

so that way we might, um, progress

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:51 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That sounds like a good idea! I'll also DM @TheMulticoloredCyr and @SebiGhoul on Discord if they haven't been seeing the notifications on here.

Also, since it's been awhile since this storybook was active, I just want to check - is everyone else still interested in this storybook?

@Liberty @EverLight @Stormblessed242
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:38 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

After doing some thinking, I've decided it's best to lay this storybook to rest.

I really enjoyed doing this storybook with everyone, and I hope we're all able to write in more storybooks together someday in the future. But I've admittedly lost inspiration for this. It's also been more than a month since this DT was last posted in and even longer since we had our last storybook post, so I think this is really the best choice.

I'll be moving this storybook over to the archives once this post goes up, but you'll still be able to post here once I do that.

Thanks for a great storybook, everyone.
mage

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:56 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

Yeah, I agree. Was fun while it lasted but I don’t believe it would ever have been finished.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

59 Reviews

Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:47 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Yeeeaah it feels like now's the tight right time. It's been good schrming with you all tho

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou