z

Young Writers Society

Marie Curie University of Science and Art DT

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:08 pm
AlmondEyes says...

@HazelGrace16 Just took a look. I think our characters would vibe well if given the chance
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:45 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Yay so glad it's an outdoor event because that is what I had written into my post. I should have my post up later tonight, trying fo figure out another way to have more characters in my post. Any female characters up for being besties with Mia?!?
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:59 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

@NicoleBri Pam would love to be friends and Daniel as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:51 am
NicoleBri says...

@Nike Daniel was already going to become her friend! :) Just also would love to have a female bestie, I don't think she will open up to a guy friend like she would having a female one!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:06 am
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Oh I don't know @NicoleBri Mia might like Oliver.

267 Reviews

Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:51 am
View Likes
Nike says...

@NicoleBri eeeep yay for Danny. Seriously tho Pam could be her friend too

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:09 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

We have so many characters now, goodness! Such a large cast is usually a very, very bad idea for a storybook's health, but the famous @Nike is the DM here, and she's probably the person with the longest completed SB! And besides, there is wonderful room for character interaction with so many personalities around now!

I've been rereading everyone's profiles, but damn, @NicoleBri, for some reason, Mia strikes me as much different from when I read about her the first time! I do remember her being shallow and passive-aggressive, but I somehow didn't register anything from her library visits onwards, except that she wants to become a social worker and takes psychology. As for her secret, well... Willow and Kate are obviously off-limits, and I suspect Pam will be too (for a reason I'll discuss soon), but it would be interesting if you and @AlmondEyes both decided to explore your characters' "complicated" preferences. It's just a suggestion, but... you know. ;)

@HazelGrace16, speaking of Pam, she's blunt and sarcastic and in need of a break before seeing somebody new, while Sebastian is polite and guarded, yet sincere and sensitive. I can easily see how they'd be good friends for a while. However, do I... smell a plot brewing? :P

As for Joshua, I've thought about him a bit more and came up with some ideas already! What especially jumped out at me when I reread his profile is how he presents the appearance of being wealthy. Add to that how he rarely befriends people on a personal level and keeps his emotions to himself, yet feels very deeply, and I think it'd be an awesome opportunity to have him become actual friends with Kieran (who's even-tempered about everything anyway)! If nothing else, they're both "rich" and quite popular, so it would make sense for them to move in the same circle.

I've taken another look at the classes, and though it's obvious that the classes here are more background than anything else, they could be quite useful for providing more opportunities to meet and interact! For example, since Kate and Jake both have business studies together, @LZPianoGirl and @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, they could easily bump into each other, and the same then goes for Jake and Sebastian! I see that Leo and Oliver are mostly outliers in terms of subjects and contacts, so it would also be cool if they met each other through Kate and Jake. I'm just throwing out suggestions; it's up to you all to decide what to do with them!

Speaking of which, I like the idea of Mia being friends with both Daniel and Pam! The more interwoven we can make all our characters' relationships be, the easier it is to collaborate with any other given person. ^_^

Oh, that reminds me, Nicole and Swordsman, I'm happy to offer my characters for interacting with yours! AlmondEyes and I have started discussing things, and I'd love to hear from you two as well! (Mia seems to be integrating well, but Jake and Oliver don't look like they have many friends just yet.) And naturally, this also holds true for the three other ladies among us. :)

I look forward to hearing back from you all! (My inbox is always open.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

107 Reviews

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:56 am

All for it. I thought the picnic party might be a good opening as well though. Having Jake be Oliver's wingman. Though not sure which will be interested in the soft hearted red head.

267 Reviews

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 am
View Likes
Nike says...

Let’s make the picnic a Greta way to start to form relationships between our characters. Feel free to use Danny and Pam!! And Pam will for sure have a crush on Sebastian. Just saying. As we already know Daniel has a crush on Willow.

267 Reviews

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:00 am
Nike says...

But they need friends too so let’s do this let’s form the friendships.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:04 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Yaaaassss friends!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

107 Reviews

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:10 am

Think I will wait for my next post until the actual get together. Not seeing a good place to throw my characters in. And James and Oliver are of course up for people to use. Send me a message if you would like to collab

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:12 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Also, Seb will be at the HP event as the person running the projectors and the rest of the tech related elements. Hopefully I'll get his first post up before the event really gets rolling, but just in case I don't
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:00 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

I can dig it. I think it would be a good way to introduce character into the story. Word to the wise though since it's been while for me writing anything. If my post is garbage....

Blame @Nike for asking me to join (Jk but not completely) xD

Also, i'm down with anyone wanting a chance encounter with Contessa *Cough cough* (@AstralHunter @HazelGrace16) xD
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:08 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@HazelGrace16, that sounds fine to me! Although, do you mind if I claim the post after you, then? I don't want to hinder people's plans, but I do need to introduce at least one of my characters at some point. XD

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX, I'm a firm believer of helping other people by setting up situations for them in one's post, so I'd love to collaborate with you and create the opportunity you mentioned!

EDIT: LZPianoGirl, I accidentally tagged you, whoops. Sorry for that!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch