z

Young Writers Society

Aeyis [DT]

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:01 am
View Likes
deleted221222 says...

Took a bit of time, but I got Lilith's page up.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:17 am
Mageheart says...

Interesting character, @Thundahguy! I like how your character's rp character is basically the type of person he doesn't like - it'll make for some very interesting posts from his perspective.

How is everyone doing with their characters?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:51 am
Mageheart says...

@FalconerGal9086, @PrincessInk, @Saruka and @izanami, will you be able to get your characters up soon? I'm currently working on a post for [Unknown], which doesn't need to have all of the characters in. But it would definitely be helpful to have them in while I'm writing it!
mage

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:01 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Oh sorry I will when I get to a computer :)
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:38 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Will be working on it today!
always daydreaming, always clumsy

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:30 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Okay, it's submitted! Let me know if I need to change anything. I do want to make sure the waterfall I included makes sense in this world.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:34 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

I have a question
When the storybook gets started, we'll have the appearance and stuff of our character's character, but the personality of the main character, right?
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:17 pm
Mageheart says...

Ellen looks great, @PrincessInk! She reminds me a lot of myself, and I think it'll be fun seeing how she adjusts to being Fay. I can't wait to read your first post. c:

@RaidenCheese, pretty much! You didn't mention it in your question, but I wanted to bring up how the memory part works. Our characters won't have any memories from the lives of their characters. They will, however, have some nice muscle memory stuff going on. For example, if your character's character has a sword, that secondary character's body will remember how to wield it. I hope that makes sense!
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:15 am
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Ah, I see.
What about magic then? Would it just feel natural in the second body?
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:15 pm
Mageheart says...

It would! Your character would just need to remember how to use that magic. If they were vague about casting magic - like just saying they said a spell and the magic happened - they're going to have more trouble than someone who spent more time on building their character.
mage

queer and here.

8 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:25 pm
View Likes
RaidenCheese says...

Hmmmmm...
Alright, I think I got it
I'm cool as a cucumber
Even if I'm in a pickle

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm currently working on the first post for this, which should be up tonight if all goes according to plan! I'll come up with some basic plot points to hit and a challenge for everyone in this round; it will just take a few days. In the meantime, please submit your character profile if you haven't already! (For those who have, thank you for already doing it!)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:04 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@FalconerGal9086, @Saruka and @izanami, please get your characters up by the end of this weekend! We need the whole cast if we really want to kick things off. If you can't do the storybook due to other commitments, I can find someone else to take your place.

Next on the agenda - the plot! Since the storybook is just starting, I'm keeping things pretty simple. There's not much you have to do in your post, and, hopefully, this first round will be a fun chance to learn more about your character!

So here's the plot:

1.) Your character goes about their daily life. Maybe going to school, maybe going to work, maybe just chilling at home. It's all up to you! Just make sure to end this part of your post with them going to sleep.
2.) Your character wakes up as their character. For example, @RaidenCheese's character Sora wakes up as his character Sofia.
3.) This is a bit of a change from the original post, but your character is going to end up in the woods bordering the river. They should still see the fight, but you'll be able to focus more on your character's reaction to waking up as someone who should have been fictional.

Other: As mentioned before, your character is going to have their character's voice, muscle memory and any magic they possessed in the past. Please don't directly interact with the other characters in the second half! (Though be my guest to have your character know another person's in real life.)

Next, we have the challenge. It's been posted over in the Storybook Badges & Challenges thread, so please check it out if you haven't already!

And last - but certainly not least - I have some photos to use as reference from the scenery. I was actually inspired to create this storybook when hiking with my family; I thought you'd like to see what exactly I was referring to in the original post. They're down in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :

mage

queer and here.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:10 pm
View Likes
Saruka says...

I think I'm going to have to withdraw. Since YWS was blocked on school computers, I no longer have the availability to do this. I'm sorry!
a lesbian disaster

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 pm
Mageheart says...

I understand! Thank you for letting me know, @Saruka. I hope you can find other ways to get on Young Writers Society. <3
mage

queer and here.

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu