Young Writers Society

Defenders of the Dust City DT

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud Don't worry about English, m'dear, it's not my native language either. That, and we're in an StoryBook - we'll only care about a grammatical mistakes if it really, really, really messes up a sentence's meaning. In fact, you'll probably see a few of ours when you read through our posts XD

Ah, no. Go back to the Storybook topic (blue button on the right side), then see the list of characters already in the story? They're written in white. well, below them, there's a text that reads "• Create new character" ← Click that, then add your character from there.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am
WanderingCloud says...

Testing. I cannot post. Lol. There is an error. I like to ask for everyone's consent first. Maybe my character would mess up the world.

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am
WanderingCloud says...

as I had observed, I can do tell about my character here.

To put more realism, he is a depressed middle aged man (or should I make it a teen?-teens tend to go angsty-though I am a teen...lol). Suicidal (Well because depressed-he could represent today's bustling environment). Lo and behold That is how he got into the Dreamland-(to make it shady-let us pop up the question -"Who brought him there?" Who knows? Who knows? Might be those on the darkside or maybe not).

And there he experienced and had the things he haven't tasted and felt on the reality. Or his reality all a lie? Who knows? Who knows?

*Tell me if he is not shady enough-I kind of wanted him to have an unknown background-maybe?-or is possessed by who knows? Heheh*

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:46 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud No, not posting. The option on the side of the Storybook topic is for adding a Character Template. Then you wait for Terian to approve the page, and only then you can post.

Adult or teen is your choice, m'dear - both can get pretty darn anxious, it depends on what their life is like.
Although suicidal isn't necessary, It could explain why he'd grow so obssessed with the powers Dust City can grant him, sicne it would be a neat escape from the harsh reality of life.

Well uh, making that Character Template would actually help in figurin' out if he's shady enough or not, since you'll make it.

Here's the Template:

"Character Template:

Name:

Character Type (Lucid, Gifted, Dreamfolk, Impalpable, rich person, ordinary person.):

Their city of residence:

How they enter the Dust City:

Powers (If any):

Skills (If any):

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Other:"

↑ It's also in the Storybook topic, in case you missed it. Click on the spoiler below for a link to all of our character pages:

Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:49 am
WanderingCloud says...

Should I gamble and take on this line?

"They are led by an unknown figure named Mr Crow, who some say made The Red Liquid, and is one of the most powerful Gifted who ever lived, able to create and destroy dreams. It is said that there is another with powers similar to his.

- from the Impalpables"

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:50 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Depends. What's your gamble, m'dear?

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:54 am
WanderingCloud says...

I mean, Im not quite confident in my writing ability but to help raise tension and add conflict... I suggest

He might be Black Crow or the other powerful person... or just an ordinary guy who will be killed. (Is it allowed to kill my character?) lol. Im like a kinder gartener in here as ive noticed.

And make things difficult for other characters. Like he is the guy who is dragging the group.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:01 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

That's what SBs are for, m'dear - to better one's writing abilities. Confidence will grow as you write.

Ah, that much I'll leave to Terian's decision. He probably already has his own plans about Crow and any other main NPCs, so, can't comment there.

Wow, that's the second time you want that, you're really into killing characters and causing havoc, aren't you XD
Well, if your character dies, you, uh, can't write anymore, so, you'd probably want to keep him alive, m'dear. As for making things difficult for us, it'll depend how the story goes! We'll see how much chaos your character can provoke when a conflict actually arises.

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:16 pm
WanderingCloud says...

Well thank you @Tortwag for your advice.

as what you've said, Maybe he @Taerin already has an idea of this character so I better write about my character now. To seek for Taerin's consent and beyond.

Also, it is kind of hectic on my schedule, as I am still a student. And I don't plan to stay for long. I can use myself as a cannon fodder to propel the story when something arises (just message me- @Tortwag or @Taerin). To make things more challenging "he could be that other powerful person who could help them-the characters" and died before a huge battle started against whoever the villain is.

Well anyways, just my thought, you can take it with a grain of salt (did I use it right?) Take it with a bit of salt, maybe?

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud Always a pleasure :3

Yes, go ahead and do that, m'dear. Happy writing!

That's fine, most - if not all - of us in this SB are students anyway, so, we share the same burden. Christmas will come as a break for all of us, luckily.

*double-checks* yup, you used the expression right. English Language approves!
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 pm
WanderingCloud says...

One last thing/s @Taerin805 or @Tortwag

Is there a plot? Like what could go wrong? Am I able to communicate with other characters? Or is this like each of us has a story that we can see other characters, which are fellow writers, but only there. Communications are minimal. Similar to driving a car on a one-lane highway where they have the same destination but with different cars and can see whose car is in front or back or side.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:28 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@WanderingCloud Defenders of the Dust City DT← Here's a link to the plot points about the Avatars of Renewal and Rebirth. Scroll down a bit and read that.

Yes, we can interact with each other and our characters can interact with each other, because we're in the same SB, AKA the same universe. You'll see that when you start reading the posts - we just didn't make our characters meet yet, because the SB just started.

So yeah, it's more like we're all in a supermarket rather than a car. We have yet to cross path, is all.

20 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:50 pm
WanderingCloud says...

Ooooooh. I should've read it before hand.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:54 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

You'll get used to doing that, m'dear. Happy readin'!

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch