z

Young Writers Society

Red Sky in Morning [DT]

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:23 am
EscaSkye says...

It's been a while. Still got room for a cruise member?
Not anymore.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 am
Kelpies says...

That would be awesome @Synnoev ! We will have to agree on some rules he set for her (For example, no attacking people, no tearing off her wedding ring, no running away...)
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 am
Holysocks says...

@EscaSkye welcome aboard!

Speaking of which, guys, what should we call the ship?
100% autistic

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi! This storybook just came to my attention. Since it looks super cool and I definitely am in need of some new storybooks to join, can I be a member of the crew? I'm not sure what my character would be like, but I should be able to get a CP up by Wednesday at the latest.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

494 Reviews

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:46 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Yes you may, @saentiel! c:
100% autistic

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:34 am
Synnoev says...

Who's gonna be having a mermaid character?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:16 pm
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Yay! I'll have my character up by tomorrow or Thursday @Holysocks :)
Not anymore.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:40 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

This seems like an interesting idea! Is there room for one more to join?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

494 Reviews

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:16 pm
Holysocks says...

@Synnoev I think Sheytato was going to make a second character as a Mer-person, which I'm cool if you guys want to do. c: Just make sure you can handle what you've bitten off!

I don't know if anyone is solely a Mer-person yet, but I haven't checked on the character templates lately.

@Dino, of course you may! C:
100% autistic

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I've submitted my character template although I should've specified I want my character to be a mermaid. Hopefully it's accepted! :P
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:02 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Awesome! Also, I'm going to be a human who might have a fear of sailing on the open seas. ;)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Holysocks, you mentioned that we could have characters that were something other than mermaids or humans if we could manage to convince you. I'd love to try out a role that doesn't fall into either of those categories (unless I'm unable to come up with one - I'll do a human if that's the case), but I'm currently pulling on a blank on what that could be. As the creator of this storybook and its universe, do you have any suggestions?
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:12 pm
View Likes
ajruby12 says...

Hey yo! If you still have room, I'd love to join! Not sure what kind of character to have though... What about a water nymph? Kinda like a protector of the seas? Not like a spirit, but in human form. I dunno...
If that doesn't fly, I'll probably just do a normal human character
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

494 Reviews

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

@saentiel I'm really not sure! I'm trying to think of other sea-fantasy creatures but I'm drawing a blank as well. Feel free to see if you can make up your own fantasy creature as well- I'm not apposed to that at all! Perhaps some sort of water witch? OR something that causes trouble on the ship, something that might be considered vermin that's sorta like the things from Spider Wick or something - BROWNIES. You could have something like that. As long as we can find a way for you to interact with the other characters, and sturff! But yeah, feel free to be creative. If you think you can make something fit with the setting, awesome! C:

@ajruby12 we certainly do have room for one more! ^_^ and I'm not entirely sure what a water nymph is, but it sounds like it could go with the setting/theme. Would this character be in the water, in the boat, both? I find it funnest when characters interact with eachother in SBs, so keep that in mind. c: Protector of the seas sounds like a potentially secluded job!- but maybe you have a lovely plan, in fact I'm sure you do! c:
100% autistic

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:41 am
View Likes
Synnoev says...

We only have a couple of mermaids at the moment (I think 2 once i get my profile up), so if you choose a different kind of creature can they still be aligned with the mermaids? It's up to you of course though!

Go in fear of abstractions.
— Ezra Pound