i would like to try my hand at spY
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:50 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Okay, now on to the meat of things. I'm about to detail a few Kingdoms and their importance, as well as some basic info. Most of the information you receive will be spaced throughout the story, so there's no need to remember any of this, really. I'm just putting it here as a reference.

Your characters can be from any of the Seven Kingdoms.

They are:

Valore - The Kingdom of Greed

Depal - The Kingdom of Secrets

Wayside - The Kingdom of Night

Snoe - The Kingdom of the Bears

Jar'Reen - The Kingdom of Luxury

Thant - The Kingdom of Souls

Homme - The Kingdom of Walls

Castle
- King Bastian's House

Spoiler! :

Valore is ruled by Lady Valerie. This is where the Castle Bank is located. They are both a modest flashy people. They tend to done themselves in silk and shawls that cover their faces or obscure much of their shape and frame, men and women alike. It's also customary to wear large amounts of jewelry on the arms, the only skin they show. Lots of "shady" type people. Think snobby nobility and drama. They like to scheme.

Agreeable climate, though hot at times. Located to the west of Castle, close enough to reach in three days.

Spoiler! :

Depal is ruled by Lord Devin. Located in the literal sewers of Valore, this Kingdom spans for endless miles underground. They are a lively people. Always scurrying and rushing from one end to the other. A very busy Kingdom, though none of it is to any good. It exists because Lord Devin is King Bastian's like best friend forever. No one in Depal is up to any good, but the markets and trade there are outstanding. However, there is minimal to no violence in the city itself. Things are pretty safe. Just watch your back when you step outside of those gates.

Cool and comfortable, but thick air. Has an echo about it. Beautifully structured.

Spoiler! :

Wayside is ruled by Lord Waters. A sleepy group of islands off the coast of Homme where it's dark 22 hours of the day. The people call themselves Sun Guardians. They have a library with every book ever written in their famous library, The Sun Spire. A calm, slow people and a quiet Kingdom. The Capital of the Church.

Chilly with frequent winds and rain.

Spoiler! :

Snoe is ruled by Lady Bear. The people are "The Bears of Winter". They are a people born during the Long Winter and new to the ways of Summer. They are young, but proud and fierce. Master craftsmen of both weapons and armor. An aggressive and family-centric culture. Bears like to train hard and long, and are already preparing for the next Winter.

Horribly cold and perpetually covered in snow. Located far North.

Spoiler! :

Jar'Reen is ruled by Lord Jaise. It is the capitol of art and beauty. The people are openly sensual and passionate. Brothels are a respected establishment. Artists, performers, and musicians alike all flock here. The people are lustful, free, and un-bothered. There's a lazy, hypnotizing quality to Jar'Reen.

Warm, dry air. Located South of Valore.

Spoiler! :

Thant
is ruled by Lady Jai. It's a hub for magic users and home to some of the greatest Witches and Wizards of our time. It's a beautiful city, but the streets are often deserted. All of the action happens in secret locations and meeting. The people are very wary of strangers.

A swampy environment, very humid. Located in the East.

Spoiler! :

Homme is ruled by Lord Chester. It's a military city, and there is heavy emphasis on being loyal to the King. It is called The Half Kingdom because Castle sits directly in the middle of it. Known for delicious food and drink. Great farming system as well as the only place left where dragons are kept and tamed.

Spoiler! :

Castle
is where KB lives.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:00 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Okay! We can all start making our characters now :D I'll probably have Egg in tomorrow.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:07 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Ah, sorry! I totally forgot some basic history.

It's been 15 years since the end of the 25 year long Winter. Things have changed quite a bit. After decades of fighting and war and survival, Bastian has come out on top as King. The other participants in the War are now the Lord and Ladies of the various Kingdoms of San Guin.

There is no more war, at least not openly. That's the gist of it. Please feel free to contact me about any specifics of the history if you want. It's not all important to know before starting.

EDIT:

Our new recruits are entering into the guard right after all but one of the previous Knights were executed. The last Lord of Homme, and Captain of the Knights, Khala, had tried to overthrow King Bastian and end his deranged rule, but she died, hard.

The new Lord of Homme is our Captain, Cheswick. We have been working together for 1 year, so that gives you an idea of how well we should know each other. Pretttty good but not through and through yet.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:25 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

ya'll I love the characters so far, they're super interesting and cool omg

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:27 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Oh wow. Great profiles, guys!

I see Alexander and Egg share a love for finer things. Plus their name sounds like it should be "The Adventures of Alexander and Egg" so I'm shipping them - not romantically, Egg is gay as all get out. For some reason, I see Egg being really protective of him, like she might fall back into the habits of her old job around him.

More brotherly, though, not subserviently. Sensing that they might frequent some of the same establishments - except, of course, for Egg's guilty pleasure, gambling in the slums.

And for some reason I can feel there would be like a subtle - or not so subtle - competition between Egg and Janet. They are opposite ends of a spectrum. I love love love her backstory! What song is that from?

And Marcella seems shy, but I'm interested to see what thoughts she's trying to keep off her mind. Very intriguing. I'm wondering how she copes for the conflicting desires of cleric and warrior during fighting. But still, Egg probably teases her.

In order to begin to form relationships, I would like you all to do something like what I did above. Not to make it procedural, but I want to open up a discussion on our characters. No pressure though *plops* I'm just super excited for this jazz. Plus there's still a lot to be done on my end so don't feel rushed at all ^^.

If everything goes well, we should start in about a week's time. But, that's factoring in that Game of Thrones comes back on Sunday and I'm SUPER PUMPED! And, if you haven't noticed, this is somewhat kinda a little based on Westeros. So I'm probably going to start re-watching episodes in preparation right after I post this.

Don't forget to post what place you finished in!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:03 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I WILL DO THIS rrrright after I finish my final paper for class haha. But oh! I think I finished second!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:54 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Egg's more curious about Ari than anything, and so tends to paw at him sometimes. She teases him gently now and again, to test his limits but more honestly she's afraid of him. She has an irrational "fear" of mages in that she's always on guard around them and likes to test them to gauge their mood. And she's suspicious of his jolly attitude.

This applies for Marcella as well, though Egg is far less intimidated by her.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OK SO HERE'S THE SCOOP ON WHAT ALEX THINKS OF EVERYBODY:

Warning: He doesn't think highly of a lot of people. He's kinda a butt honestly. But you know what that means!! LOTS OF ROOM FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!! (that's code for him probs finally getting bit in the butt for being a butt and realizing maybe he should change)

Alex loves Utki like the sister he never had - so he definitely would reciprocate the whole relating to each other like siblings sorta thing. I feel like he'd enjoy being around her most and would probably talk to her a lot. Probably a lot of gossip, he'd likely talk about other people in the group to her or other common acquaintances or friends they have. The only person he doesn't talk bad about behind their back would probably be the necromancer king tho. Cause that's dangerous ground you know ;)

I imagine!! Egg would maybe influence him to dip in to the gambling scene, but most likely more in games like poker - ones based in lying more than chance. He's also likely not phased by her icy demeanor and actually feels comfortable around her for owning it. She's probably the only person he's the most real around. Everyone else he puts on a mask.

He's probably not a big fan of Marcy's demeanor, but people who keep secrets and are really guarded like her tend to intrigue him. Cause he's nosy. So he probably tries to warm up to her and get close just to know all her dirty secrets.

Janet he thinks is boring. To him, she seems to simple-minded of a person, but he does admire her strength. If anything, he respects her for her usefulness but doesn't enjoy her for who she is as a person.

Alex probably finds Ari's undying optimism to be annoying, and takes it upon himself to balance the scales by being a pessimist (or just saying really pessimistic things to get a reaction out of Ari). He probably tries to get under Ari's skin just because people who are really nice, deep down, kinda convict him. And that bothers him.

In a professional setting when they're called to do a job, he tends to hold his tongue more, and kinda goes into a "work mode." He takes spying seriously, and knows he's good at it too, but is always trying to get better. If anything that attitude is what probably got him the job. Cause it certainly wasn't this other stuff. B) Though he does do a good job of faking it in front of the people that matter, though. So there's that.

HOPEFULLY THIS WAS INFORMATIONAL and helpful in thinking of what ur characters think of Alex!! It's ok if they don't like him!!! He's pretty good at faking sincerity but at the same time, is hard to read, so he gives them good reason not to!! HAHA.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:34 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

@Sheyren

I'm about to send everyone's skill tree's out and I was just wondering what your progress was. We're set to start this Friday, and I'm just wanting to make sure you're finding everything okay. If you need any help or any extra information about the Kingdoms or your class then please let me know.

That goes for everyone else as well. If there's any extra information you want to know please ask. I'll be happy to provide details on anything.

We do have one last information post coming up from me. It will be all about Dungeons and the loot system and all that good jazz.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:55 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Aaa ok!! I look forward to it! :0

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:28 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

OOO I like Sargon.

I feel like, oddly enough, Alex might actually like Sargon. For as big of a liar and a fake he is, he appreciates authenticity and people who really own who they are and are confident in it. I think he's quietly a bit envious of Sargon's moral compass, though he also sees his hesitancy to take action (kill) as a weakness. I guess in a way though, he kind of wants to... protect Sargon's innocence. Or just like, not defile him or whatever. He sees him as a good person and he doesn't feel it's his right to interfere. He himself isn't really sure why he only feels this way about Sargon, but because he does he keeps his distance.

People are fickle minded and form opinions and impressions in their own ways, and though Alex typically doesn't think very highly of people I feel like Sargon might be an exception.

THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS. FEeL FREE TO LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:02 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay, time for me to do the character relationship thing! I really like the idea of doing that before a storybook starts - it makes everyone feel more connected.

I think Ari would feel a kinship to Sargon not just because he's my brother's character. He seems like a kind person as well from his character profile, and people like that tend to stick together. Ari often asks Sargon to accompany him when he's going out to help the people of Homme out. If Sargon can't come, Ari will eagerly tell him about everything that happened the next day when they see each other again.

When Sargon can't come with him, Ari's next stop is Marcy. He knows that she usually doesn't stay in her house at the end of the day, and that she usually leaves it to relax. Ari's always found helping people to be relaxing, so she's one of the first people that he goes to. He's never sure if she likes it or not, but he always makes sure to ask her if Sargon is out of the question.

Ari can stand Alex, but he certainly doesn't go out of his way to spend time with him. His constant pessimism puts a damper on whatever they're doing, and the scheming grin on his face always rubs Ari the wrong way. If he can avoid him, he does.

Ari used to try convincing Egg not to gamble because of a disastrous gambling incident that happened when he was sixteen, but he eventually gave up when he realized that she wasn't going to stop any time soon. Though his attempts to stop her have ended, he still worries every time he hears that she's going to go gambling. And, despite how he dislikes Alex's attempts to get under his skin, he's quite fond of Egg's teasing.

Janet is in the same boat that Alex is in. Ari can definitely stand her, but he doesn't like to be around her much because of her occasional condescending attitude. (He does like her more than he likes Alex, though!)

I hope that I did that right! If I need to change anything, I can definitely do that!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

Alrighty, I'll join in with this.

Ari: Overall, Janet thinks that Ari is admirable. She is impressed by the extent of his knowledge and admires his simple appearance. When he gets stubborn, she gets annoyed because this reminds her of herself a bit. She is determined to get something done, but she is capable of taking a different approach. She thinks Ari is immature for being so stubborn.

Sargon: Janet isn't always fond of how friendly Sargon is, as sometimes she just doesn't want to talk. She especially doesn't want to talk about her past in the way that he is honest about everything. She quietly appreciates his disdain of killing and is trying to work up the courage to tell him that this is good to feel and that she wishes she still felt it.

Utki: Janet likes to think she gets on well with Egg, even if that isn't the case from Egg's point of view. She likes the way that Egg is distant and thinks it shows that she is in control of her emotions.

Marcella: Janet rrrrreally doesn't enjoy the oversharing. Whenever Marcella gets going she tries to unload her on Sargon. She does however admire her good work ethic.

Alex: Alex is the one that Janet is least fond of. Drama is her enemy. Kill it, kill it with fire. No - no Sargon - I didn't mean literally!

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal