z

Young Writers Society

Wrath of Olympus DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:50 pm
Europa says...

@LordZeus I feel ya. I'd gotten near the really good part of mine after a full day of writing, and now it's completely gone.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 am
Rydia says...

If you were working on a desktop, you should be able to click reply and see the auto save of the post.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:22 pm
LordZeus says...

@Rydia I know that. I usually work on a MacBook and take 2-3 sessions to finish a post so I generally depend on autosaves. But in this case my post has completely disappeared, and nothing I try can get it back. It's really weird.
Last edited by LordZeus on Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:52 pm
Rydia says...

That's really weird :/
Writing Gooder

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:33 am
View Likes
VenusStar says...

So not entirely sure what to put in my post, I think I might get the friendship started between Sofia and Ashton, have Sofia remark that she doesn't trust their blind leader, and perhaps hint at what's to come between Sofia and Ed.

45 Reviews

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 am
Europa says...

@VenusStar sounds like a plan! Perhaps the train could stop at a station somewhere, and the passengers start to get on. Sofia's Danger Sense could activate as they do, because Hachi is in the crowd. Feel free to totally disregard that idea. Just something that popped up in my head.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:06 am
VenusStar says...

Meh, maybe somewhere a bit more spacious. I mean Hachi will be up against 3, (4 technically) demigods. Perhaps he'll want a place where he can both hide and attack. Unless he wants to send Hugglesworth to attack inside a train?

45 Reviews

45 Reviews

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:42 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@VesusStar they won't be getting off the train until they reach DC, unless they get out to take a quick break, in which case he might be able to get at them from the station?

Also, I'm afraid that due to a parent-issued electronics blackout, I won't be able to get on here for the rest of the summer. I'll be on a bit for today and tomorrow, but after that, I'm gone until August. That being said, @LordZeus, would you mind being the DM here while I'm away? @Rydia, I'd love it if you took Mickey for me and @NympheaLily, if you'd write for Olivia, that would be awesome.

Another matter here for Team Psychic (@LordZeus and @NympheaLily): I had a plot point planned, but since I won't be posting, you guys need to know it.
I had planned with Zeus for the group to get stuck in Richmond overnight due to the bus's engine breaking down. Ray and Mia were going to go off on a supply run, while Rose and Olivia stayed to protect Roland while he's unconscious with instructions from Ray that they should search for a safe place to spend the night if Roland woke up before they returned.
Rose gets one of her bad feelings and requests they follow them, and this leads to an argument when Olivia refuses to leave Roland alone. Rose ends up going alone.
Meanwhile, Ray and Mia get trapped inside the convenience store they're in by some unseen villain and are left to search for a way out in total darkness. Olivia get worried after the three of them are gone for a while and decides to go after them (Roland has woken up by this point)
to abridge the story here, Olive and Roland end up getting trapped as well, and though they find Ray Mia's not with him. To make matters worse, whatever has them stuck in here is now picking them all off one by one.

Of course, this "hidden figure" is Don, who's kind of been stalking them since the bus broke down. At a request from Chaser, The rivalry he had with Ray in the CHB Storybook he was originally used in is also being used here, so Zeus, feel free to have a bit of fun with that.

Another quick idea: Don's magic ring of insanity affects people differently, for example, (and I'm totally guessing here) it might make Caroline start to lose touch with reality, while it would cause Ash to completely lose hope in their chances of survival.
For Olivia, it would prey on her anger, her small bit of arrogance, and most of all her strong dislike of Ray. She'd start to challenge his authority, and take charge when she might not need to, which would cause a bit of dysfunction among the group. Eventually she'd completely withdraw from everyone, and maybe even start contemplating killing Ray.
Now that I'm pretty much done spilling the contents of my head here, does anyone have any questions? Remember that if you want to reach me, it will have to be by tomorrow or I won't see it until August, which most likely would be a little late.

I'll miss you guys! Thanks for being such a great group!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:18 pm
Rydia says...

I'm happy to take over with Mickey for a bit - hope to see you back here soon! :)
Writing Gooder

45 Reviews

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 pm
Europa says...

Back early, and man it's good to be back! @LordZeus, how is your post coming along? depending on how far along it is we may have to skip over to keep this sb moving.

45 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:10 am
Europa says...

Alright. It's been a couple weeks since the last post. For now, I'm going to assume Zeus was eaten by a wild Hydra, and say you guys are free to post because we need to keep this moving. I have one partially written out, but I'm also working on another SB post at the moment, so you guys don't have to wait for me either. Team Psychic (@HazelGrace16 @NympheaLily @VenusStar @Rydia) You guys want to do some planning for what could happen with us? we haven't seen much action.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 am
Rydia says...

I'm thinking we need the bad guy to get on the train at the next stop so we can have some fun :)
Writing Gooder

45 Reviews

Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:00 pm
Europa says...

@Rydia you read my mind. I wanna see those flaming death knives in action! And Hachi isn't really one to worry about keeping out the f the way of civilians and such, so mass destruction is still quite possible.

45 Reviews

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:28 pm
Europa says...

Finished with my other post and I'm free to work on this one! It might take a while though, so you guys don't have to wait up for me to post.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington