z

Young Writers Society

Battle School DT

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 am
Amnesia says...

working on CT now, will run it by you before posting to save time if i need to edit it
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:06 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Finally posted that CT! Hope you'll like it. I'll edit this post and enspoiler it with a few more things later today.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:39 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Double-posting for attracting attention on a lil' something here.

Um, guys? @jimss23 and @Basil, are you sure you'll be able to manage 3 to 4 characters for an SB in the long term? I know that technically there's no limit for these things, but I totally suggest sticking to one to two characters to start with.
Another reason for that - aside managing issues, I mean - is that so far we're 4 people in the SB, and controlling more than 1 character means taking spots from potential interested people.

↑ All of this is food for thought, you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to, of course, but I stand by that food anyhow. Smells great, too, I swear I didn't add any spice or anything
Jokes aside, I mean all of that, and hope that it doesn't sound farfetched. Cheers to y'all.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:41 pm
PrincessInk says...

Do you mind if I don't join this after all? I've joined quite a few SBs and I don't want to go overboard.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:07 pm
jimss23 says...

No, it's completely fine! Wish you best of luck!
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:42 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

The question lost in the suggestion up there still stands. Just sayin'.

How much more people are we expecting to join before starting, by the by?

52 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:53 pm
jimss23 says...

@Tortwag

I have been mulling it over. This is my first SB, so I am still not 100% on how this all works.

For the time being, I will go along with your suggestion and will trim my characters down to one. I will ask @Basil to do the same for the time being.

As for people, I have no clue. Ideally, I wanted as many as possible, but that seems unlikely at this point, so I say about 5-7 and I would be willing to start, although less if people continue having to leave.

-Jim

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:56 pm
sheysse says...

Just a heads up, I am most definitely still interested in this. Sorry, I've been busy. School's out next week, and then I'm free to really get into this. I'll try to get my character template up this weekend.

52 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:29 pm
jimss23 says...

It's no worry! I know Basil is really busy as well as Mem. There is no rush yet!

-Jim

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:38 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@jimss23 That makes sense. You can always create new characters or important NPCs along the way anyway, so it's not a one time deal. Same for @Basil: one or two characters is fine to start with, it's just that it always gets harder to deal with as time flies by, is all.
Right! 5 to 7 is a good deal. Let's wait 'til next monday, and if nobody joins by the end of that day, we can start - it does happen that people join an SB after it has started, so once again, it's not a one time deal.

@Sheyren Oh hey! Looks like we'll totally be in yet another SB together if everything goes well. Well, except my character won't be as crazy as usual this time around :p Good luck with school, man!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:29 am
View Likes
Basil says...

@Tortwag I get what you're saying about having multiple characters, and i just want to let you know that I'm planning on posting for one most of the time. I've been working with one (sometimes two) characters for the last four years, so I'm challenging myself. Also just in case anyone else feels ... Intimidated? By my three characters, I won't post for the other two until everyone else has posted.

(If this comes across as snarky, I'm sorry. I'm awake at the crack of dawn - not really but I'm not a morning person haha - and have a a makeup workshop to host so I'm kinda on edge)
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:37 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Basil Naaah that sounds reasonable. My comments earlier were still food for thought - if you're experienced in working with several characters, go for it, m'dear! Challenging oneself is usually fun anyway, but hey, thanks for clarifying. It's all for the sake of the SB.

(that sounds awesome. Didn't know that was a thing, but it sounds awesome :0)

52 Reviews

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:10 pm
View Likes
jimss23 says...

@Basil

I think if anyone of us could do the multiple character thing it would be you. You are a much more seasoned SB writer than me. I say go for it. I will be starting with one, I think.

I think Monday or Tuesday this coming week it a good starting point. I hope that more people join once we get rolling, but no point in planning on it so we will have to start with what we got.

Still, looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Cheers,

Jimmy

-Jim

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:31 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Monday or Tuesday! Gotcha. I'll keep polishing some lore for Zoness in the meantime - who, by the by, I changed into a girl - mostly because it fits better with what I have in mind, but also because lore reasons).

'Til Monday, then, Jimmy! Enjoy life.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:57 pm
Terian805 says...

Hi there, I'm probably jumping in a bit late, but I might well give this SB a go,a might put a character sheet up tomorrow, or slightly later if the SB will be open once it's started.'ll see how I'm feeling with schoolwork and stuff
"You can't live over your shoulder, overbehind."

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid