z

Young Writers Society

Battle School DT

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:36 pm
SacredPen says...

When I said "animal", I kind of had the mental image of a werewolf or something like Riptor from Killer Instinct, so that's my mindset, I guess. All I could imagine was a cross between the two that kind of made him a like a fighting games character or something to that extent. I tried to be more descriptive with his specific technique, but I guess articulation in that regard is something I fail miserably at.

Also, I feel compelled to look up middle age clothing now lol
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:39 pm
LordZeus says...

@SacredPen wow! I thought my CP was long....:P

Not that that's a bad thing, you've given us a very good depiction of your character to work with. Do you think Devon will have heard of him? He seems to be the kind of person who'd be widely known in the North.

39 Reviews

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:48 pm
LordZeus says...

BTW (double posting for the tag) sorry I didn't say this before (It appears I had a draft but never sent it) but that'd be great @Shota thx :D

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@SacredPen RIPTOR YES, YES, SO MUCH RIPTOR, MM, VERY MUCH APPROVED, AAAA- ahem. Riptor fan here. Yes, even the new look.
No, the description of the style along with the idea was actually a good addition, because without I would've had legit no idea as to how to imagine it, considering the possibilities you have with the world "animal" when it comes to fighting style. I happen to specialize in battle descriptions, sooo, that would be why I'm especially sensitive to that.

As for the Middle Ages thing, I was mostly referring to the corset. For about 350 years (from the 1550 to the 1900s), women in a good chunk of western Europe were forced to wear it, and it was so constricting that they legit couldn't breathe with the lower part of their lungs, which by the way is where the "women faiting from shock" cliché comes from. They also couldn't move much or perform any sort of physical activity with it, because it doesn't constrict just your waist - it also constricts your spine. And with a non-flexible spine, you can't go horse riding, you can't run, you can't properly climb stairs, you can't even lean down to take back a tissue that fell from your pocket.
The main reason why I know that is because the "fashion' came from a French queen's decree, and we've been told over and over again in history class how seriously terrible that thing was.
If you've watched Pirates of the Carribean, there's that scene in the first movie where Elizabeth falls from a tower and into the water because after being constricted for about half an hour, she's unable to breathe - because not used to the corset yet - and is saved by Jack Sparrow. That would be a representation of what I meant.
...Ah! found it!

Spoiler! :
Right at the beginning!
phpBB [media]

The more you know!

@LordZeus And that is why nobody should worry about length XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:26 pm
Shota says...

Someone post... I'm bored, and I want to post...

@LordZeus awesome! I will write something with Devon when someone else posts. It should be interesting since they are soooo different, but maybe something fun will come out of it ehhhh? And I really enjoyed your first post by the way, solidly done

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:02 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Shota I literally finished my post today, but since it's 2AM, I won't be able to see every correction or added thing needed clearly until tomorrow morning. And if you're bored and want to write, we can always open a writerfeedpad to test things between our characters :3

Post's comin' tho!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

39 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:45 am
LordZeus says...

Hey @jimss23 does your post have the eating between Sullivan and Devon thatvwas led up to in your last post? Or should I mention it? (After @Shota's post of course so I have something to go off of)

24 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:24 am
SacredPen says...

@Shota

I 100% forgot who Devon is, but I'll try and write my first post tonight just to get started. I'll see what I can do just posting as Sacred and I'll try to implement other characters' reactions when I'm better.

(Devon is actually the name of the main villain my original version of Sacred had to fight. Coincidences, eh? :) )
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

39 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:14 am
LordZeus says...

@SacredPen Devon is my character :P Ya it is a coincidence huh.

Devon is basically Northern royalty, but Northern royalty is far more down to earth and enjoy a far close relationship to their people than other places which is why I asked my earlier question . For more on who he is, please see my CP and first post.

Oh and @Shota thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy your first post just as much :D

24 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:45 am
SacredPen says...

Well, I spent a clean four and a half hours straight on my post, and tried to make sure the NPCs I used weren't already somewhere else first. Sorry if it's long or boring, but longevity is a signature of my writing, so I'll try to be more brief next time I post. Speaking of which, roughly how long should I wait to post again?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:58 am
jimss23 says...

@LordZeus

We don't have to make the Devon Sullivan thing happen. It's not that big of a thing and I'd like to keep the SB rolling.
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

24 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:16 pm
SacredPen says...

@Sheyren

Thanks! Not to long, or anything, is it? I know someone mentioned not to worry earlier, but longevity is actually the bane of my existence, lol.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:23 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Everyone has a certain length they average around, and some people average longer than others. No one really cares if yours is longer, especially if it's interesting. ;)

24 Reviews

Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:28 pm
View Likes
SacredPen says...

@Sheyren

That. That right there. I was waiting for that.

I really thought what I wrote was boring or too cliche because everyone else's had more of that, you know, "casual feel" to it? Like their characters were them and they didn't have to try so hard to make dialogue and interactions? I tried to make Sacred (depicted here, not the actual Sacred I normally write as) as close to my description of him as possible, but I suppose I just made him a nervous, green-haired version of his other self, heh.

Thank you for the compliment, and I'll be sure to stay tuned for the next posts!

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf