z

Young Writers Society

The Tallest Tower DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:40 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

I've written a backstory for my character which involves her being accidentally separated from/abandoned at a young age by an unidentified friend/relative.... Would anyone want to be a part of that? :)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:45 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

Gobban has a reputation as a "Whore's son" which would be extremely bad for someone else if they were to be associated with him. Family could have intervened and made sure that your character would never associate with Gobban again. Spit ballin here.

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Hm... I'll think about it!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:15 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Welp, I didn't make him evil. But I did make him profoundly troubled c:

He's got a twin sister he was separated from when they were 10 or 11 or so, and whom I'd quite like him to find in one of the other characters :p He's 23 now, but that's changeable a little bit if the need arises.

Though, of course, dealing with the fact that he isn't likely to ever see her again might be just as much fun xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:26 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@ChildofNowhere, sounds cool! I'd love to see if we can work something out between these characters. XD
Last edited by wakarimasen on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

@AllisonTheWriter - if you're thinking they'd be siblings, I don't think that'd really work. They're both thieves, so they're likely to have crossed paths, and he'd at least recognise her in that case. That said, they're both thieves and they're likely to have crossed paths, so they could definitely know each other.
- they/them -

49 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:12 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@ChildofNowhere - That makes sense. :) Do you think they could be related some other way, depending on his age?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:40 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Just need the two knights and everyone's profiles submitted, then the fun can start!

In the meantime, anyone wanna piss off my mage/healer?

I imagine it'd be one of the thieves or squires? Like, this scene I've been thinking of is they'd do something, maybe say something rude/inappropriate to make her mad and stalk off. Then they'd look towards the knights to be like "What'd I do/say?" and the knight is just like, "You just pissed our healer off, kiddo. Good luck getting your injuries treated for the rest of the journey." XD

Yes. Morwenna would so do that. >.>
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:11 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Idk @ScarlettFire I just know my dragon will be super sassy as he defeats y'all. Will that be enough? XD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:19 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

XD Super sassy fire-breathing dragon? Hell yes! Bring it on! Definitely enough. Heh. It's certainly going to be interesting when it gets to the dragon-slaying, princess-rescuing point, lol.

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:33 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

I'm around 90% convinced princess is the dragon, at this point c:

BUT unrelated to that, Vari's always up for semi-accidentally making the entirely wrong kinds of remarks xP

@Allisonthewriter -- I don't think related as in family would work (although Vari never knew any family other than his twin, so they could be long lost cousins or whatever if you really want), but I'd say it's more likely that they know each other from the streets. Maybe they could be friends? Like, he could see her as a sister despite not being blood-related, and she could like/trust him for some reason?
- they/them -

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:41 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@ChildOfNowhere, you think I'd make it that obvious? XD

As for Vari and remarks...I can see him clashing with Morwenna quite a bit. XD

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:50 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

No, which is why there's a chance you did xD

In any case, I do expect there to be more to the curse and the princess than beauty, and more to the dragon than sitting there waiting for knights and parties to try and take the princess.

(Blame Dragonheart , but unless @Omnom makes the dragon a lady, I'll be reading it's lines in Sean Connery's voice)

ETA: I wanna see her profile before inner Vari can come out with his remarks xD But it sounds like it's gonna be fun.

ETA2: Would the thieves be forced to come with or could they choose to join? Or like, follow the party with different intentions and be caught and then made to join? And would they know about the dragon in advance or not until they encounter it?
- they/them -

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

ChildOfNowhere wrote:No, which is why there's a chance you did xD

In any case, I do expect there to be more to the curse and the princess than beauty, and more to the dragon than sitting there waiting for knights and parties to try and take the princess.

I can tell you the dragon and the princess are not the same person. >.>

(Blame Dragonheart , but unless @Omnom makes the dragon a lady, I'll be reading it's lines in Sean Connery's voice)

I believe Omnom mentioned said dragon is male, so I can totally see you reading those lines in Sean Connery's voice. XD (Let's be honest, I'll probably be doing the same thing)

ETA: I wanna see her profile before inner Vari can come out with his remarks xD But it sounds like it's gonna be fun.

It's coming! I'm just taking too long to work on it. lol

ETA2: Would the thieves be forced to come with or could they choose to join? Or like, follow the party with different intentions and be caught and then made to join? And would they know about the dragon in advance or not until they encounter it?

They could be forced. They could volunteer. It could be follow-then-forced. At one member has definitely been coerced into it. I'll let you guys decided who that is. XD

As for the dragon. I'd say they know the dragon is there, but other than that, all they know is rumours and stories. Some of what they know is definitely incorrect, though there is some that is correct. Like, they know there's a dragon but they probably don't know how big or what colour or if it breathes anything other than fire.

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:55 am
crossroads says...

ScarlettFire wrote:I can tell you the dragon and the princess are not the same person. >.>

Fine, fine, I believe you :mrgreen: I'll keep my other guesses to myself, then, but know that I'm still suspecting something :3 But that's a good thing, especially if the something turns out Bad for our group of heroes~

They could be forced. They could volunteer. It could be follow-then-forced. At one member has definitely been coerced into it. I'll let you guys decided who that is. XD

As for the dragon. I'd say they know the dragon is there, but other than that, all they know is rumours and stories. Some of what they know is definitely incorrect, though there is some that is correct. Like, they know there's a dragon but they probably don't know how big or what colour or if it breathes anything other than fire.

Okay, awesome!

Vari's probably a bad choice to be forced (unless he's forced by someone with magic, I guess, or someone whom he can't use his magic on). He might volunteer if he knew about the dragon (assuming that dragons are the classic nearly-immortal kind, killing one would mean Vari could use his magic safely without worrying he'd drop dead within minutes). If he knew Morwenna was a mage, he'd probably be curious 'cause I don't think he's had many encounters with mages before(?)... he might just follow them with the combination of ambition and curiosity, and then fail at sneaking around and end up a part of it all. That sounds like a Vari sort of thing to happen.
- they/them -

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler