z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to the Zombie Apocalypse! DT

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 pm
Ninlil says...

That's actually really worth thinking about.

If the Zombie Apocalypse is the caused by a virus it would be unlikely that it spread across different species, yet there are cross-species infections, such as the swine flue.
So it might be interesting if it would affect some animals and others not. That could also contribute to a possible backstory of the virus.

There is also this funny essay that points out that zombies would not stand a chance against nature and it's wildlife. In case anyone is in need of a bedtime story.
http://boingboing.net/2013/10/14/zombiesvsanimals.html

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:10 pm
Dracula says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX I interacted with your character, so I'll wait for your char to react to that, and then post my next chapter/part. :D I think most people have made their first entries, right?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

@Dracula So far only two have not posted. I am gonna give them a chance cause we all have lives outside of this place. (I don't seem to but I'm not leaving the possibility out. XD) So here in a little while I will put up my next post and get this moving on.

107 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:39 pm

I want clearly state that I am not pushing anyone in this SB. This has been my experience with other SB's and I would like to put this out for discussion.

What does everyone think is a fair amount of time to wait for someone to post? I tend to check in here multiple times a day but I understand that there are those that have other things going on and I want to be fair to them.

So what is a fair amount of time to give someone for a post before continuing on?

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 pm
Dracula says...

I think one week for a round is fair, especially since it's Christmas time! By a round, I mean everyone posting once. After the new year, maybe four or five days per round?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

107 Reviews

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Sounds pretty fair to me @Dracula. What does everyone else think?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:05 am
Basil says...

I think it's fair. Like Swordsman, I'm on here a couple times a day, so I should be able to post once everyone else has.
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:32 am
Snoops says...

I read the article about the mother natura vs. Zombies! Super cool by the way! For cross species maybe pifs could be an animal that would turn zombie pig for example, because pigs can eat ANYTHING. Also, for example Toms (the other Tom) dogs wouldnt get infected. What do you guys think?
"Keep calm, drink tea and hide under the bedcovers"

Previously Lau2001

24 Reviews

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:36 am
Basil says...

I kinda of think it should be all or none, because then it gets too confusing and we then have to figure out what animals will get infected and not. But that's just my opinion.
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:51 am
NicoleBri says...

I don't know If y'all are still accepting charries but I made one! I hope I can join!
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:39 am
Snoops says...

@Basil

yeah..you're right. Should we say no then?
"Keep calm, drink tea and hide under the bedcovers"

Previously Lau2001

24 Reviews

Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:44 am
Basil says...

Depends on what everyone else says ^^
Of course I am.
Why?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:35 am
Ninlil says...

Yea, no zombie animals.
It will make things less complicated.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:47 pm
felidae says...

I think the zombie virus should probably just stay with humans for the time being. Maybe it would mutate later on, though.
Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?

107 Reviews

Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:31 pm

@NicoleBri the more the merrier. Though I might need to cap this. We're getting a large lot. Didn't expect this to be so popular. XD

I'm good with just human zombies. So we'll say that whatever is going on only affects humans.

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope