z

Young Writers Society

Of Blood & Royalty DT

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:03 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Past tense is favorable, but either works. Is that saying we all need to use the same person and tense?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

I have to do past tense. I find writing in present tense hard, for some reason. I can do either 1st or 3rd person though. I'll be using third here.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:17 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I prefer past 3rd.
My profile's okay, I've just had a 30 page report to write in the last 2 weeks.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

39 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:37 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Posted! Sorry not much character interaction this time, except for a scene with Emberly @HazelGrace16. I've also set things up for what we've planned @XxXTheSwordsmanXxX.

Sorry it sounds weird or if its a bit shoddy, I wrote most of it late at night. I also promise to have more character interaction in the future, and have several scenes with your characters planned in my head, which I will use next post.

Also, just so you know, General Babur Zafar is the husband of the Late King's Late Sister, who died of high fever the year prior. He and his son are not direct relatives of the king, and so are only able to inherit when there are no direct line descendants of the King around. Just thought I'd mention that, is that okay with you @ScarlettFire?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

This is a perfect set up @LordZeus. I will add a little more to the grumbling citizens.

39 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:18 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Can't wait to see it swordsman. But the Guards were grumbling about not being able to attack, while the citizens were angry. Also I believe that @ChildOfNowhere has to post before anyone else can. So we will have a wait a bit I guess.

107 Reviews

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 pm
View Likes

Yeah I know and then Scarlett again then mine. But since the Prince was the only nearby character that I am aware of, I can at least start on it and have it ready for when I can post.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:15 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Looks good, @LordZeus. Only, I don't think "okay" should be used in a fantasy setting. It really pulls me out of my immersion. Mostly because, in my mind, it doesn't fit in a fantasy universe. Like, ever. >.>

(Besides, the term "okay" really only came into use in the mid-19th century.... I imagine this SB's culture/technology/etc is more likely equivalent to mid-to-late 1500s, era-wise. Possibly even 1600s. Except there's, y'know, actual magic. XD (So it's about 300 approx. years too early...))
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

@XxXTheSwordsmanXxX I could have sworn that i claimed to post after @ScarlettFire posts for the second time
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 am
ScarlettFire says...

I think you may have, Mem? So you two are next after my second post?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 am
ScarlettFire says...

Apparently Mem and I agreed via PM for an Asha post after Charna. I think mostly because I implied that the person entering the tavern in Arryn's post may or may not be Asha?

Either way, please communicate about posts and posting orders. Especially if you're including other people in your post. I know a few people had plans and ideas they want to use in their first posts, so I heavily suggest speaking to other people about their posts and see what's what. THEN you can plan your own posts.

Let's just make sure we can connect almost everyone in some way or another, alright?

39 Reviews

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@ScarlettFire I changed okay to alright. Does that work?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:15 am
ScarlettFire says...

Thanks, @LordZeus, that works.

107 Reviews

Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:21 am

@Remembrance If you have call on the post after @ScarlettFire then have at it. Mine can wait till after. I only really have a hinge on the Prince at the moment.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:57 am
SirenCymbaline says...

@LordZeus can you give me any information I will need later to write Adrid's posts, about shifts and stuff, what life as a Dragon Gaurd is like. Things like that.

I would be happy if she could start off somewhere close to the action from the beginning, it doesn't have to be Guild-level action, but I would like my character to have something to do, and be connected to the overarching plot from time to time.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.
— Leonardo da Vinci