Young Writers Society

The Math Club DT

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:11 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm going to try posting the first post for this storybook tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be able to, but I'll definitely get to it soon! ^_^ I know you all have busy schedules, but if possible, please take the time to make your character if you can. After I get my post up, we can discuss who will go next and what we want to do with the storybook plot-wise.

Also, please like the posts that you read - whether it be in the actual storybook or this DT! It allows the other participants to know if you're caught up to date on things, or if people have seen their posts. ^_^

I hope you guys are all having a wonderful week! ^_^
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:57 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

To my surprise, I was able to write a post that I really liked! ^_^ Now that the first post is up, we have some questions we need to address if we want to have this storybook exist for awhile.

Who wants to go next?

This is pretty self-explanatory. ^_^ Just leave a comment here to let me know, and possibly give us an idea of what you want to include in your post! I'll tell you if it's alright (it probably is).

When can you have your character templates done?

Like I said last post, I understand we all have busy lives. But it would definitely be helpful to know when you will be ready to participate in the actual storybook. Also, please tell us a little bit about your character(s) here if you will be unable to make character template(s) at the moment.

What do you want to happen next?

We need, at the very least, a basic plot for this storybook. We should come up with at least one major antagonist - I'm open to suggestions - and the individual problems characters will face.

Finally, does anyone have a problem with having this storybook set a little bit before Halloween?

I know Halloween was just a couple of days ago, but I think it would be a fun holiday to write about in this storybook. I think spirits - or at the very least, Puck - would enjoy the holiday.
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:46 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Hi, everyone! Just in case you're not subscribed to this forum (it happens - I understand), I'm going to list your names at the end of this post to make sure you all get notifications for this post.

Can you please answer the questions in the post before this one? I know that I, at the very least, don't want this storybook to die before it really kicks off. Hopefully you feel the same. ^_^ I understand that life can get suddenly busy without any form of warming, but try to at least leave a post in the DT saying that you've read through things and will answer as soon as you can. ^_^

Spoiler! :
@AnarchyWolf, @occymay, @AllisontheWriter, @Sacredlege, @LadyEvvy, and @LordZeus.
mage

queer and here.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:07 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@Mage, I know I said I'd try to make time for another SB, but at the moment my schedule at school is getting quite packed.... :( Is it too late to back out as an active character? I'm so sorry.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 pm
View Likes
occymay says...

So when someone posts something you carry it on, like from where they left off and in the same character's view? Or is it meant to be something completely different? Like if I do mine in the view of when Lily enters in your story and get her view on the world? I'm really new to this.
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

Tessa Gray- Infernal Devices

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:46 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@AllisontheWriter, I completely understand! ^_^ We'll always have a spot open for you if you ever feel like you could manage it. ^_^

@occymay, you write as your character (in this case, Lily) and write from the point where the person before you last posted! ^_^ So your second idea is correct. Don't be afraid to ask any more questions you have! ^_^ (My advice is to check out other storybooks if you need examples to go by.) Also, could you make the template for Lily's magician soon, along with answering the questions I asked a couple of posts ago? I would be really grateful for some input. ^_^
mage

queer and here.

65 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:06 am
View Likes
occymay says...

Yeah okay, it will probably be tommarrow because my WiFi isn't working probably today and I'm having to use my mobile data but i'll start thinking about them ☺
One must always be careful with books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:11 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I understand! ^_^
mage

queer and here.

65 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:03 pm
View Likes
occymay says...

Hey Mage :)

This is in response to your earlier questions,

Who wants to go next?
Well I have already written my section so i guess I'm going next, it should be up sometime soon I just need to grammar check it.

Also started this one on Word so I'll try to put that up soon (It's for Lily summoner)

I'm really bad at plots, it's something I struggle with but I'll try now. Maybe having the antagonist within the math club but the others don't realise until bad things start happening around the school... hmm, I don't know :D

Finally, does anyone have a problem with having this storybook set a little bit before Halloween?
When I wrote my section I did set it in autumn because I saw this and it's a season I love to describe. I think most people love Halloween so i think that would be great :)

65 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:45 pm
View Likes
occymay says...

Okay I submitted my new character Sebastian Carter, who is Lily's summoner. Hope he's okay :)

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:05 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

He's perfect! ^_^ I love his name. <3
mage

queer and here.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:46 am
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

@Mage, I'm so sorry it took me so long to get my character posted. I hope she's alright! She doesn't have a particular spirit yet, and I've left that kind of open-ended so I can give her one later if need be.

Who wants to go next?
I can write something up by Friday night at least. If that's too late, I'm fine if someone else goes before me. I'll put this out there now, my schedule is pretty busy, so I'll try to post regularly, but someone might need to fill in for me now and then.

Hopefully I can get a second character done before the end of next week, and I can slip him/her in whenever.

PLOT TWIST, the principal should be the antagonist!
Kidding, though that might be cool. I know Julie is going to face her own problems trying to learn magic and catch up with the others. As for the overall plot, I have no idea. Perhaps they've been found out? Small-scale with hunt? Maybe they're aiming for world domination and the government is their enemy?

Autumn is the best season ever! Let's do it!

I'm excited for this! I'll try to post soon. If anyone else wants to go before me, just let me know!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:38 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@occymay: I loved your post! ^_^ I know Lily would hate me if she knew that I thought this, but SebastianxLily is now my OTP and I will go down with this ship. :P

@LadyEvvy: Post whenever works for you! ^_^ As of right now, you're the only person who has said they want to post next. Let your Bartimaeus fangirl and writer parts of you run free. :P

Plot: I'm feeling pretty attached to the principal (the names Patricia and Sybil have been suggested by a friend of mine - what are your thoughts on that?) because she's the aunt who took my magician Arthur Croft in when he was a kid and taught him everything he knows. But, @LadyEvvy, some of the other Math Club members could grow suspicious of her and her motives....>.>

And then we can use @occymay's ideas of having one of the club members being a traitor. >.>
mage

queer and here.

65 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:56 am
View Likes
occymay says...

I'm glad you liked my post! :D For the principal, I personally like the name Patricia, sounds kind of strict but at the same time can be loving.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:52 pm
View Likes
LadyEvvy says...

To be difficult, I'm going to vote for Sybil. I've always thought the name sounds slightly magical, in part because it has a Y in it and it sounds a bit like "sigil."

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato