z

Young Writers Society

Dead Poets Society DT

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:20 pm
Mageheart says...

I'm really sorry for saying this so suddenly and without warning, but I've been thinking things over and have decided it's best if I don't participate in this storybook. It's not like I have a problem with this storybook or because I don't like someone here - the storybook was created from such an amazing concept and all of its participants are awesome people. I just have too much on my plate at the moment and have decided it would just be better for me to watch from the sidelines (which I'm going to do; I'll be reading up on each new post in the actual storybook to see what everyone is comimg up with).

Thank you for being so kind to me during the short time I was a member of this storybook, and I'm sorry for any complications my sudden exit from it causes.

Have a great day/night, and good luck in all of your writing endeavors! ^_^
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:35 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I have forgotten how to use a spreadsheet... so here it goes:

John Keats
Well, we are roommates. That fact alone made me realize we have to get along well as to not torment each other everyday. Also, I know you have a tendency to debate, as proven by that one occassion in which I argue the importance of mathematic, a subject that is dear to you. However, that happens once and once only, and I hope to see that side of yours again, and I will do my best to aid you in being your better self. It was during that moment I felt a tremendous admiration over your passion... and something else. I am not sure what it is, but I am certain it quickens my heartbeat.

Oscar Wilde
Well, with you, it is your fashion sense that I admire the most. How I wish to be as immaculately dressed as you are! While it is clear I want myself to appear stylish, I hope you can, with your genius, present a wearable cloth that is affordable to all classes of people. I find that you are prone to unnecessarily expensive... things (Italian leather satchel? Really? What is wrong with the usual one?), and do not like your liking to anything extravagant. Your confidence gains my praise, although it is not so when it is presented in excess. In fact, it overwhelms me, so if I have to choose a time to spend with you, it would be when you are in a mind of saying only necessary things.

Robert Frost
With the little amount I have spent to know you better, I decide you are the brother I wish to have, and to be. I like your practical sense of time, and the fact that your academic performance is above average gives me the impression that you are the perfect fellow to look for in terms of intelligent exchanges. You might not have the adequate temperament of a debater, but you do have some insights to share whenever nature is concerned. In fact, I am infected by your passion, and slowly see nature in a romantic view. I hope there would be more knowledge and wisdom you can bestow upon me.

Three characters done so far, but there would be more when I gain access to the Internet through a technology that welcomes typing.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

I don't think roommates have to be compulsory as I know for some lf you it's in character to be loners/or your characters can prolly afford the outrageous onebed/housing rates c; since you have the bigger rooms, we'll all just plan a party at your place @fortis (can you imagine Emily studying peacefully in her room when all of a sudden a band of students barge in and turn the music all loud and bring drinks and trash your place up over a misunderstanding? Like. Did this invitation not say room 600? Oh it's upsidedown? But we're all here anyway 8D It will be grand) . So for a few of you if you feel your characters need their own rooms that'll be fine.

@Mage, I'm sorry you'll be leaving us but thanks for the headsup, I hope all is well!

And that leaves Walt free if anyone wants to room with him :^)

Some notes- I am working on a map of the campus, so that will be coming soon. What do you guys think of something like this for classes:

By the way, the below is subject to change and prolly will c: View it as a draft and lemme know concerns or errors

First Years

9am to 10am Lyrics with Wordsworth

2pm to 3pm History with Chaucer

4pm to 5pm Sciences with Darwin

Second Years

8am to 9am English with Dahl

11am to 12pm Advanced Lyrics Wordsworth

1pm to 2pm Politics with Swift

5pm to 6pm Religious Texts with CS Lewis

3rd Years

8am to 9am Mathematics with Carroll

9am to 10am Advanced English Dahl

11am to 12pm Advanced Sciences with Darwin

12pm to 1pm Advanced History with Chaucer

Optionals - Mixed (Any) Years

7am to 8am Italian with Dante
10am to 11am International Politics Swift
1pm to 2pm Math Theory with Carroll
2pm to 3pm Humanities Wordsworth
3pm to 4pm Athletics with Homer
5pm to 6pm Writing and Rhetoric Dahl

Feel free to make some adjustments, I came up with it on the fly so there are bound to be issues c:

And for the precocious students, feel free to go up one level. So, if your character is a 1st year who is ridiq smart, they can join in with the 2nd years on any of their classes, likewise if your character is 2nd year and super smart, they can join in with 3rd years. So long as the schedule doesn't conflict c:

It works the same way if your character is super lazy and needs to repeat a class, they can join one below. Any free time or gaps can be used for study/homework time (what a square) shenanigans or activities/clubs.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:49 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

I've been thinking about the whole room mate situation.
Ernest would most likely be fine with that and I'm trying to write Hemingway as sort of being friends with Whitman. Maybe they could bunk together?

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

696 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:54 pm
Audy says...

^ I love it ^^ Let's do it. Plus, we both have a mutual friend in Eliot (we'll just cast him aside as having graduated already) so it will be a beautiful friendship.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:20 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Emma might be a shy creature but maybe having a roommate might bring her out of her shell
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm
View Likes
yakitsa says...

I look forward to classes so much, djfhfhdhdh
Especially those with Dahl- do you know what his last word was? Google it. I love that guy.
And Italian with Dante! And Math with Carrol! Fhfhvhfhdh
Life imitates art.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:56 pm
Audy says...

^ Right?!

Can you imagine athletics with Homer? Aka Greek-warrior-olympian style combat training. :O get in there and give me 500!! *enthusiastically joins in while everyone is squirming in pain* FOR HELEN!

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:18 pm
Virgil says...

Humanities is something that I think Jack would join, or I will have him join? And perhaps Writing and Rhetoric for a second thing, but he probably wouldn't join too much because he slacks some.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:22 pm
Virgil says...

Jack needs a roommate yet, he wouldn't really be able to buy out a room on his own because of his financial problems in his life so I want to kind of fit to the character best I can.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:08 pm
Que says...

Robert still needs a roommate as well!
Parlez-vous français?

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:14 pm
Sujana says...

@kaos I'm thinking Edgar could stay with you, unless @Lumi was being serious about edward staying with Edgar. Eitherway Edgar is going to have a baaaaad time.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:15 pm
yakitsa says...

Sylvia Sylvia Who is Sylvia's roommate
Life imitates art.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:30 pm
Audy says...

@sacredlege, @Lumi, @kaos, @yakitsa

Why not all four of you? Who likes bunkbeds? C:

Or Kits, you and Falconer? Or if Falconer wants to join in and be a foursome and Kits wants to join with @everwinter? Or @remembrance?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:37 pm
StellaThomas says...

Oscar will be taking a very large set of rooms, and he will have a very select group of men over to smoke cigars and play cards at 9pm every night. Walt, Ernest, Teddy, maybe Pablo. Other applications can be left in a box outside Oscar's room

The chronic can-i-borrow-a-smoke crowd - that's you, ee and Jack, should make an appearance, though they'll wear thin until they can afford their own.

(Sylvia, Jane, you might make the cut too. You might say no though.)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost