z

Young Writers Society

The Academy For Heroes-In-Training VII [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 11, 2018 10:24 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Oh. Hello, @barefootrunner! Didn't see you there. Welcome to the SB!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Fri May 11, 2018 4:45 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

Heya! Thanks for the welcome! Nice to see y'all. :)
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

304 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:46 pm
barefootrunner says...

So... erm, if I may ask... is there any plan for how the trial mission is going to go?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts" - Einstein

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:47 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@barefootrunner Good thing you asked, m'dear! I just finished a post related to that.

@Lumi Hai! Since we were supposed to improvise, I figured that Mario and Waluigi being members of the staff would mean that access to Mario's world and resources would be a lot easier. Since E.Gadd loves to be there and test inventions with everybody, and this entire thing is related to, y'know, Back to the Future, I figured that E.Gadd's Time Warps from Partners in Time would be the perfect thing to use to have Doc Brown be lost in a random time period, and us being sent in random teams to find 'em.

Here's E.Gad, by the by, for those who don't know him:

Spoiler! :

And the time warps - uh, holes, sorry:

Spoiler! :

Personally, the time period I went with so far were WWII for Omega, and western era for Lamia - specifically, Wyatt Earp's legendary 30-second shootout. I assume it would be a great excuse to force our characters to interact and be with each other, and since there's a lot of random places to explore in Earth's history (technically it doesn't even have to be, like, real-life Earth), we can all improvise as the challenge says we can. And, y'know, show off our powers.

That being said, and assuming we go for that, who'd be willing to go with Lamia and Martini, m'dears? I do apologize for dragging Martha and Spinaccia along (and that can be changed at author's request if needed), but if anything, I tried to make them both behave in character. Hopefully, that worked at well.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

304 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:33 pm
barefootrunner says...

Thade can pitch and go with them. That is, if @Tortwag doesn't mind having "interesting times". Basically, Thade is going to be a bully or try to provoke Lamia and Martini as much as possible. And he will be a poor contributor to the mission. So lemme know what I can expect from Lamia :) Thade uses dirty tactics to make people uncomfortable, and pushes them from there into fear if he can.

Let's say he makes nasty comments on her appearance and fighting style. Will she get annoyed, intimidated, ignore him, eventually hit/shoot him or what? Anything he could do that would specifically get to her? Anything that wouldn't?

40 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@barefootrunner Well, Lamia's species tend to eat people like Thade for entertainment, so, y'know, she'll be fine :3
Oh, same for the fear bit. When you're at the top of the food chain in your world, you don't... usually fear much.

That being said, and to answer your questions:

•She'll be mostly confused. She's a Knaaren, a species of monster that is used to be immune to all types of damage. (it's in her character profile, and yes, seriously, in the game her species appear in, you literally cannot kill them. I changed that here, obviously). Because she's nice, she'll mostly be confused/amused that this prey thing is trying to do something to her.

•If, however, he doesn't play the team player, then a) Martini, who's Spidey's kid and prolly doesn't like bullies, can web swing him to make this a two-woman job (and to make sure he doesn't speak or move), and b) to get to Lamia, he'd have to defeat her in battle. And as far as abilities go, I don't... think Thade can do that.

Now, for me to ask the questions!

♦What would drive Thade to cooperate? He must certainly understand that if he plays uncooperative, it'll take longer for him to get out of his situation since the heroes will try harder to re-educate him. Then, though he can blame Martini for being a hero-wannabe, Lamia doesn't exactly fit that demographic. So, why would he pick on her, especially when she turns back to her Knaaren form? Sure, she can't kill him, but she can incapacitate him. He, however, can't do that to her.

304 Reviews

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:55 pm
View Likes
barefootrunner says...

So, for Thade, he knows he isn't stronger than anyone else and it galls him. He is frustrated. So he will still try to take a stab at everyone around him. No matter who or what. Because he can. And he's angry. And though he can't use powers, he can use words. There's no really great logic to it. About Lamia being invulnerable to picking-on, he doesn't pick on people, he lashes out at them. Constantly.

Remember, Thade won't actively attack anyone in the Academy because that would just get him punished. He's just gonna lounge around and be nasty. So no need to tie him up. Would Lamia get annoyed if he doesn't contribute though?

So to get him to co-operate... Thade is actually emotionally vulnerable to people caring for him. It would surprise the living daylights out of him. But he would take a long time to allow that to show. Not now. Asking him nicely might provoke a bit of resistance and then an oh-fine-then-I'll-help-on-my-own-terms. Maybe. Depends on how it's asked. Or if he really sees his team is failing and he'll have a hard time explaining why he wasn't doing anything, he might go in and tank some damage. He will do anything for someone who promises to get him a weapon or a way out. Otherwise good luck on getting him to participate.

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:03 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@barefootrunner Oh, so he's the "weak" type who wants to get stronger. Well then Lamia would tell him to grow some backbone XD
And yes, I realize that there's no logic to it, since, well, that's what frustration does, unfortunately. But then, because Lamia would be confused about it, she'd assume that "oh, he's frustrated. I know what can fix this :D" *proceeds to go to sparring match/trap-making*

Well no, he might still get tied up, because it's annoying to have someone verbally lashing out at you - especially for Martini. So, she could at least cover his mouth with a Web Swing. (Spidey loved to do this to bullies).

Also, yeah, that's the thing - the PERFECT thing. Y'see, the reason why I wanted Lamia to go in the Western period was for her to see other types of guns than those she's used to making/ seeing/use. So, she can totally promise that if Thane helps, he can either teach him to craft his own weapon, give him one, or both. As for the way out...

"The way out? Pff! Getting stronger, obviously! Getting stronger is ALWAYS a way out!" ← She'd say something like that.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:27 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I can't wait for the next delicious posts here. @barefootrunner --> I think Thade and @cheeb's Spinacia would get along in an interesting way, seeing as how she's seemingly caring about everyone (or rather intrigued by everyone because #racesnotdominatedbysaiyans.)
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:49 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Huh. That happened. Done reading the post!

Okay, so, what do we do now? Are we all making random teams as well, or, are we supposed to move to another mission?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

Honestly I have no idea - I'm very invested in Spinacia's story both in Academy and after her graduation, and on a whim felt like trying to re-activate this. Spinacia's latching onto Cherry was mostly an excuse to make a gag about how they both have food names - if necessary she could be contradicted by staff and made to join a pre-arranged team.

I also have no idea if anyone else still plans to be active on this, though. lol.
the user formerly known as chibibo

40 Reviews

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:35 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@cheeb Right. Well, I did, though I wanted to catch up several SBs first, which I managed to do. (I feel very much Yay about that)
Couldn't use the Western-themed mission for Lamia-and-potentially-Thade, though, unless I use it now anyway and end that post with the teleporting inside the train. Hmm, I think I'll do that.

Oh! D'you still have the link towards the Writerfeedpad, by the way? I recall several missions planned/brainstormed there, it would be perfect to try and bring some activity here! Omega's still a character with virtually no personality threat, and Lamia is the opposite, so, I'd like to try and experiment with that contrast some more.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:55 pm
cheeb says...

HIYAH
the user formerly known as chibibo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:58 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I'm still in, just got to find the time to actually write!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

40 Reviews

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:41 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh, there's the link. Thanks, Cheeb!

Aaaah, yes. Time. That thing that likes to go away.

But yes, good luck with that!

The words you speak become the house you live in.
— Hafiz