z

Young Writers Society

The Ghosts of Wildegate DT

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:34 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

Sorry, @Sacredlege. I got confused with the two characters, since I based my post and their character's off of the CTs, and Adriel is the devil, so me being stereotypical assumed he was the slightly more evil.

Now I gotta say, where is this SB going? I feel like a single main plot line needs to be mapped out. Anyone agree?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:04 pm
Mageheart says...

Alright.

First off, I would like to apologize to everyone involved in this storybook. I've participated in both roleplays and storybooks with no set plot line before - they usually die out from lack of interest or, well, plot - so I assumed the same would work here. But as the person in charge of making and running this, I've failed you guys. I should have made things more clear in the description of the storybook, and it seems like the wisest thing for this would have been to create a plot beforehand. I'm sorry for any confusion this has caused, and I'm sorry if anyone has been upset about the events that have occurred.

I'll address all of the points brought up in the rest of this post, and I apologize in advance for the length of it.

@Sacredlege, I like that he's not actually exorcising the ghost girl - I love making my characters jump to conclusions (specifically when it comes to exorcisms). In the most recent draft of The Case of Schadel Kueper, Liz believes that Schadel does exactly that.

Regarding the universe, I think we don't exactly have to be specific. I'm not sure if anyone here will get the reference or really understand the point I'm trying to make, but I'll try my best to explain it clearly. We can take the Rick Rioridan route. It's a canon fact that his series are all set in the same universe - the Magnus Chase series, Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus/Trials of Apollo series, and the Kane Chronicles. All of them work differently. For example, the Kane Chronicles has characters embody the gods rather than be their offspring. The titular character of Magnus Chase comes back to life, while his cousin's (Annabeth) reality, the Greek/Roman one, makes it impossible for something like that to happen.

The point I'm trying to make is that we can all have different rules for our specific characters. Schadel, Camiel and Adriel, and Jane can all have incredibly different versions of ghosts in their lives, but can all coexist. I think it would be best if we all just listed important information about our universes. I'll do that with Schadel's in a separate post and edit the first post of the DT to include the descriptions.

I love your idea about the place being owned by monsters. It reminds of a neat ask blog I follow on Tumblr, and it would definitely work with the story. If everyone else agrees with it, we should definitely proceed with. @Sheyren, @Kelpies, and @JuliasSneezer, do any of you have objections to following that plot?

@JuliasSneezer, it's fine if it's also a hotel! I realized after everyone referring to it as a haunted hotel that my first post made it seem that way. There could totally be a haunted hotel next to an actual one. It's a really neat idea that I would have never thought of if it wasn't for the misunderstanding.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:16 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I would just like to lay out some basic rules for this storybook that I should have earlier - like with the descriptions, I'll include it in the first post of the DT so they're easily accessible. They're all really simple but things that definitely are worth mentioning.

1.) If someone made your character OOC in their post, please shoot them a PM with what they need to change. This was established in the official rules over in the actual storybook - this type of this is encouraged.

2.) Please like all of the posts that you read, no matter if they're in the actual storybook or this DT. This will allow everyone to know who is caught up with the story.

3.) If you're confused about something, please speak up! I'd be happy to help out, and I'm sure the other participants would too.

4.) Promotions of your other storybooks in the DT are alright! It's a great way to find more participants that you already know.

5.) Have fun! If this storybook isn't fun, that ruins the entire point of it. ^_^
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:26 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Here's the promised explanation of how things work in Schadel and Co.'s world! ^_^

Ghosts are pretty much normal people. They look exactly as they did when they died, including any injuries they may have suffered, such as wounds or burns. You become a ghost for two reasons: either you have some strong emotion tying you to Earth, or a grim reaper fails to collect your soul in time. For example, Claire's terror and (later on), regret kept her on Earth, while Edward's soul wasn't collected.

Ghosts normally can't touch actual people. They can only touch objects, such as clothing. The two exceptions to this rule are Liz and grim reapers like Schadel. Anyone with some form of magic can see ghosts (this rule was created simply for the sake of roleplays ^_^) and hear them. The only problem is that they look like any other person, save for their death injuries (if they're visible).

Ghosts don't actually possess any powers. They can interact with things the same way as they did when they were alive (such as eating, sleeping, and driving). If a ghost wanted to knock something over, they would have to run over and apply the same amount of force to it.

In regards to grim reapers, they collect souls and bring them them to their higher ups. For someone like Schadel, the location these souls are brought to is unknown. Grim reapers are essentially like ghosts - only ghosts, other grim reapers, and humans like Liz can see them.
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:22 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I have no objection with the plotline.

Important things with Jane's universe: Ghosts can tie their 'life' force to objects in order to inhabit that object. This can either serve as a jail for the spirit or a tool they can use for their own ends.

Some spirits (Usually ones of great age) can get a kind of ghost-y alzheimers (Mind my spelling). They forget what they are leaving only undirected energy which can run rampant and murder people. Jane specializes in adhering fading ghosts to objects so that their spirit does not wreak havoc after they've departed.

Also- if it's a monster party I could suggest that the kidnapped people are intended to be feasted upon? Because what sense would it make to keep them in the haunted house if that's where the party is unless they serve a future purpose.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:28 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

I would like to apologize again for my sudden burst in the DT. I didn't mean anything by it, and I hope that it didn't affect our performance together as a team. (I would like to apologize to @Sheyren especially, I realize I ought to have dropped you a PM and not bring any problems here. Sorry)

In any case, I do like Kelpies idea of the kidnapped ones being feasted on, but I propose only the seemingly weak ones get eaten and the strong ones get turned into vampires/werewolves/etc.. I only say this because I want to see Camiel turned into a werewolf because I want to see Camiel as a werewolf.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

176 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:30 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

It's no problem, Sacredlege. I will just remember this and at the moment your emotions are the most insecure, is I'll exploit and drive you to the brink of insanity.

I hope you know I'm joking. Or am I?

xD

xD face means I'm joking.

383 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:35 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Also, can we decide who killed the little girl? Because I feel like the monsters would've eaten her whole if they did, and they definitely wouldn't have preserved the body. The Amnesiac idea is still on the table, but we could also have a serial killer in the house, as that would explain some other things.

@sheyren id murder you if you werent

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Monsters wanting to feast on them sounds good to me. ^_^ Could we have a couple of good monsters that are against the idea? Because while @Sacredlege's biggest dream is to have Camiel become a werewolf, my biggest dream is to have good monsters. Also, I'd go for the idea of a serial killer, unless you guys really want to bring in the divine big guns.

And @Sacredlege, don't worry about it. I think we've all had our rage-filled moments while storybooking, and yours was completely justified.
mage

queer and here.

176 Reviews

383 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:14 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

Camiel must be werewolf. Camiel will be good werewolf. Camiel will kill all the intruders.

I'm thinking:

-The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow (which was supposed to be the guy camiel couldnt find his head)

-Tree nymphs with their limbs cut off that seek revenge against ALL THE CHAINSAWS

-Strange boys and girls who talk in unison and party by tearing people limb from limb

-Robots who only speak Japanese and are only there because Google made a kill switch so they can't afford to make a Renegade Robot Association without instantly being killed,

-All the Horses of the Apocalypse, waiting for their riders to get out. Death is named Snowball, Pestilence is named Doctor, War is named after a Nobel Peace Prize winner, and Famine is named Sugarcubes (because I love ironic names).

-The Cookie Monster. (Again, I'm not kidding.)

-This is actually an angelic idea, but the angel of death in Islamic texts, Azrael, has a million tongues and eyes for wings, and even more eyes on her body. We can apply that idea to any other monster.

-whatever this thing is

-A bunch of clowns who came to the wrong party and are trying to convince the monsters that they're actually the clown from IT

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:16 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Jane has a really sweet werewolf buddy. He's a cutie pie- should I bring him in here? He'd definitely be against the idea of eating people- he's vegan because 'meat is murder'. I like the idea of having at least a few monsters who don't really want to kill people.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

383 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:20 am
View Likes
Sujana says...

@Kelpies actually yeah, originally I just wanted to have a bunch of monsters who were pretty chill and just wanted to have some fun. They'd tie up the prisoners, leave them in the basement for a little while and let them go when they're done, maybe turn a couple of them into monsters if they were being pesky. Vegan Werewolves are cool.

176 Reviews

The adjective should reinvent the noun.
— Leslie Norris