Supporter

Reviews: 590
Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

By the way, all of your posts are really awesome! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:33 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I've posted! ^_^ If I need to change anything your characters said or did, please tell me. Also, I'd just like to bring up two points. The first is that Orlando, Skyla, Camiel, and Adriel most likely heard Schadel's yelling. The second is that the hotel Liz and Schadel met in front of was an actual hotel. I love the idea of the haunted house actually being a haunted hotel, but I just wanted everyone to know that they're two separate buildings (the hotel Schadel and Liz are staying at is right next to the notorious haunted house).
mage

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:15 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

Just posted! I have no idea what's up, so if I said anything against plan or what happened, feel free to correct me, and I'll edit my post. :D
"When in doubt, improvise!"
-Winny the woodpecker

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:42 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

It seems pretty good to me! I loved both your post and @Sacredlege's posts. Both were very entertaining and awesome! ^_^
mage

queer and here.

58 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:20 pm
View Likes
JuliasSneezer says...

Thanks!
-Winny the woodpecker

383 Reviews

Reviews: 383
Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:00 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

@JuliasSneezer i swore to god your part of the story was shorter and just when i was finishing my continuation you added more and now we're just going to assume that camiel's part happened in between your characters getting kidnapped and your characters trying to escape, okay? okay
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief."

Ecclesiastes 1: 18

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:34 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO ACTIVE

Just kidding. Wow, though. I have never had to keep up with an SB so much. I'm gonna make a post now, and have it up now.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:30 am
Mageheart says...

I've read through the posts a couple of times, but I have to admit that I'm confused about where this story is going and what has happened. I understand the basics; our characters are locked inside a house and we have a ghost on the loose. If it isn't too much to ask, could you all please provide an short explanation about what has happened with your characters and what you're planning for future posts? This is a collaborative story, after all. It would make it easier for people to know what they should be putting in their posts.

Sorry if this sounds demanding. ^^"
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:31 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

When Jane had her angry spell- for a moment at the peak of her anger she had ghostly appendages that seemed to be on fire. These included a pair of wings, a pair of antlers coming out of her forehead, and sharp teeth. It was for such a small amount of time that it could easily be dismissed as a trick of the eye.

I noticed that people were being kidnapped so Jane got kidnapped now.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:35 am
Mageheart says...

Alright. Thank you for the clarification. ^_^ Awesome posts, everyone, by the way. What about you guys, @JuliasSneezer, @Sheyren, and @Sacredlege?

If it's alright with everyone, I'll post next. I want Schadel and my other characters to react to the exorcism - for Edward and Claire, it'd be terrifying, and for Liz and Schadel, it'd be incredibly angering. Also, I want people to get kidnapped too. ^_^
mage

queer and here.

223 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:44 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Also the fiery form- that's the form Jane's soul takes. She doesn't even know it but in her obsession with souls and their separation from their bodies, she discovered how to leave her own body. She doesn't know that she knows- she just thinks she's dreaming, as it rarely happens when she's awake. She doesn't even know her soul has wings, and after seeing her in this form most of her friends are too terrified to tell her XD.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

383 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:29 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Spoiler! :
I feel extremely confused. I'm completely fine with Adriel getting shit for performing an exorcism, none of the characters know he's from hell or what his actual intentions were, but did @Sheyren just describe him as smiling devilishly? That's a new one. Did my storyline with Camiel not suggest that he was the saner, kinder of the two? Do I have to give him a puppy to convince people he's not a bad guy? Or perhaps I should write *actually has good intentions* in the character profile and *will probably kill you over a donut* in Camiel's?
I rage in the spoiler. Don't look.

Alright. I've calmed down. Perhaps I didn't write Adriel's character well enough, and perhaps I also wrote Orlando and Skyla OOC as well. If there's any hard feelings about that, I apologize @Sheyren .

In any case, I think at this point we need a plan. I'll take the 'Everybody Thinks Adriel is Exorcising a Little Girl' plan because it's good conflict and I'll take any conflict over none. But whatever the case, I'll just detail out my own plan in the other accidental-rage comment, and I hope it'll help make this story a little clearer.
Last edited by Sujana on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

383 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:41 pm
View Likes
Sujana says...

Spoiler! :
Also, can we determine the universe here since we have so many different ones? For example, in my universe hell is basically at peace with heaven, and the Devil and God have both agreed that they'll do their own thing without the good vs evil dichotomy schtick. So when a bad spirit is sent to hell, it's mostly for rehabilitation for human spirits and punishment for rogue divines, whereas heaven receives a good part of the people rehabilitated in hell. Also, Adriel wasn't exactly exorcising the girl as he was trapping her in a vain attempt to contain the problem.

However, as far as I can tell, in both Schadel's and Jane's universes salt circles are associated with exorcisms, which is fair. However, it still wasn't my original intention, and whilst I understand this is a collaborative work I now have a seriously OOC character to explain and the only excuse I have is "Somehow everybody misinterpreted what he was doing." So before anybody writes any further, allow me to calm myself just slightly (because I am, admittedly, somewhat peeved) and explain my character for a moment.

I apologize for this extremely hostile message. I do not mean to be hostile, but I recognize that I may be so, so once I've calmed down I'll apologize again and see if I can see past my current, undeserved anger.

Rage in spoiler. Look if you dare.

Alright, alright. So here's what I'm thinking while writing:

1. Adriel was going to trap the little girl spirit to confirm his suspicion that the spirit had nothing to do with the lights going out and the doors slamming shut. He'll also contain the spirit so that he can keep it at ease while he tries to locate the source of the problem. While Camiel thinks it may be something physical, Adriel secretly suspects a powerful ghost called the Amnesiac--a ghost whose identity was destroyed after their death, and now roams the Earth looking for a new 'face', hoping somebody remembers them (which is why so many cultures emphasize on remembering and respecting the dead). However, he hopes it's something more physical than spiritual, because if it is the Amnesiac there's no way of saving anybody in that house without calling in divine backup.

2. Camiel is kidnapped by a werewolf. (No, I'm not kidding.) I was sort of going to see what you guys were thinking, but if I had the choice I'd have the plot where it turns out Wildegate is secretly the party place for a bunch of monsters and these random trick-or-treaters keep ruining their fun. They have no idea where the dead girl downstairs came from and they frankly don't care because they only get one day off for the rest of the year and they're not going to spend it with humans. That way we still have the serious murder mystery element without being deterred by the kidnapping element.
Last edited by Sujana on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

223 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I thought it was Skyla that preformed the exorcism... Now I'M confused...

58 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:08 pm
JuliasSneezer says...

@Mage Sorry for the confusion,

@Sacredlege Sorry for the confusion! I seem to be causing a lot of that recently.

So far, Oliver and Luke had gotten kidnapped. I had assumed that the HOTEL was the haunted house. My mistake, so I'll just pretend that it was all just inside the haunted house. I'm so good at this whole thing. XD

If anyone needs me to make any corrections so far, I'm totally down for that. Also, I like Sacred's plan for how the story will go. Hey, even monsters have to party! XD
-Winny the woodpecker

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'