z

Young Writers Society

Winter Rising DT

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:58 pm
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I'm going to make a summer ally character, don't think having just one is enough. xD Wait for it! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:53 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I shall note that as claimed for you!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:02 am
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Out of curiosity, is it possible that my Summer Knight character (currently working on them) can be male?

472 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:16 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

It is, I think. I mean, other than Lady and Queen, the roles can be male or female. :D Rydia needs to confirm this, though.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:36 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Yes it is @Moonwatcher. The knight are actually traditionally male but I don't mind shaking things up for the storybook which is why I didn't comment on the other being female :)
Writing Gooder

472 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:52 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

My second character would be a Nix. Just informing y'all that I'm still working on him. He's going to be at the place where Cheshire Cat is at.

- David L. Ulin

117 Reviews

Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:59 pm
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Oooh a Nix, interesting.
Also, good to know more about the knights! I'll finish up my CT soon! ^-^

117 Reviews

Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:14 am
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Character submitted! :D
I'm not quite sure about all the information regarding the Summer Knight in there. I briefly skimmed over an info page about the Summer Knight, so let me know if I got anything wrong. (Also might have gotten some thing wrong about how the Changelings work, but oh well)

117 Reviews

Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:36 pm
View Likes
Astronomer says...

*tries to revive most participants in the storybook*

I'll be working on a post for my second character. Also, @Rydia, is it alright if I can get a brief summary of the events so far? It's really hard to keep up, and I don't want to mess up the plot.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:17 pm
Rydia says...

Of course! Not too much has happened so I'll keep the summary reasonably brief:

The forces of Winter and Summer met for a ceremony where Summer was supposed to hand over the reigns to Winter. They each brought 200 soldiers with them and they met in Central Park but Summer secretly came prepared for war and instead of handing over the reigns, the Summer Queen challenged the Winter Queen.

The Winter Queen accepted the challenge and the two queens sealed the city with their magic so that none of the fae can leave either until one of the queens has fallen in battle or both have agreed to rescind their challenge.

Whichever queen is victorious will have power over the mortal realm and there will be an everlasting summer/ winter. A new queen will rise for the other side but with the scales tipped so perilously, it will be a long time before the balance can be restored.

Which of course means everyone should choose their sides very carefully!

After the initial challenge was issues, the summer queen, her faithful Dryad adviser and her Lady left the park in search of somewhere safe to rest and strategise. They took 40 soldiers with them and stopped somewhere long enough for the queen to recover her strength. However, they were attacked by 60 of the enemy forces and the queen, her adviser and her lady were forced to slip away and leave their soldiers behind. They have now reunited with the summer knight at a safe-house and most of the forces of summer are gathered there, though some are still scouting New York city to gather information and the like.

Meanwhile, the forces of winter are a bit more scattered. The Lady Elizah has retreated with the queen and some of their soldiers and sent one of them to bring the Cheshire cat - a soldier of winter - to her. The Cheshire Cat is for the moment taking a detour at the white council's meeting (on the pretense of gathering information) to try and convince them to broker a peace between the fae.

The winter knight and mortals are doing their own thing/ missing in action. If any are keen to get pulled back in them let me know because Chessy doesn't intend to stay in one place for any length of time and he does so love to play with mortals. Or fae. He doesn't really mind.
Writing Gooder

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:24 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I'm going to be working on a post, right after I do some Physics homework! Then post it tomorrow (hopefully >.>)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:06 pm
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

I see here that the mortal ally werewolf vampire thing hasn't been claimed... interesting, don't you think?

... I can haz?

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:15 pm
Rydia says...

Yes, please do @methrirr123 :)
Writing Gooder

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:17 am
View Likes
TheForgottenKing says...

I'm back. I apologize about the long absence.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:05 pm
Rydia says...

No worries, it's good to have you back!
Writing Gooder

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian