z

Young Writers Society

Aether [DT]

how would one even go about bringing down a behemoth like Igurath?

the bigger they are, the harder they fall
17%
the foreman at the oil foundry said he's been sapping energy...so he's still growing. if we cut off his energy...
33%
the voidal beings must be bleeding from the same wound. so the more we hurt the igurathi, the less chance he has to energize?
50%

Total votes : 6

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:19 pm
Lumi says...

babby shep 2 cute 4 aether
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:23 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

u dont understand their head splits into four different jaws and they eat the hand that feeds it
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:25 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

*has been spoiled* bah, it's fine, I still don't know the how part of all this since we have to write it anyway, so I still don't regret asking.
My favored design? If talking to me specifically, I expect sheeps with HORNZ EVERYWHERE.
*noms mythos info because data harvesting time*

Also, THAT EPIC POLL TIE
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:27 pm
TheSilverFox says...

It's good to see that spending time reading through the plots of Lovecraft's stories on Wikipedia has finally paid off. :P

(can't they be locusts or something? And there would be swarms of them that could manifest into weird abominations with lots of teeth and claws? I mean, that seems appropriate for a desert area and all.)
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 pm
Lumi says...

oh absolutely, fox

it's not from the mythos without locusts with 18 eyeballs (each of which is compounded) dripping formic acid and whipping flails with barbed stingers on the ends
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:56 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Is clueless* I missed every opportunity I got to get info on Lovecraft's stuff and cthulu-related things in general before this moment.

Looks like it's time for me to correct that mistake. *sets out on a Knowledge Journey*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:05 pm
Lumi says...

old ones i'm certain we'll use aaaaare

the star eater (already canon as of anberlin 1)
shub-niggurath (anberlin 1)
the wandering man of a thousand faces
the shifting water
the shifting fire
the water lizard dude
a drachenoid version of the scorpion + ice imagery
the demon tree with the forest army

and others
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:10 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

By next week I'll probably have info of everything and will remember only my favorites, lol. But hey, any opportunity's good to take, so thankies, Lumi - my fingers almost called you Lums, which would've been a funny typo because I play too much Rayman.

*sees water and lizard in the same sentence* Ohohoh. Methinks I'm gonna like this one. And probably the star eater, too.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:33 pm
BrumalHunter says...

So the poll ended with a two-way tie? If the lizard is disqualified on grounds of not being a canine - being a hybrid of everything except that XD - does that mean I win?

[qutoe]"Miyavi is a chimera with a tomboyish appearance. She has an overall human shape and human facial traits, and is slightly below average size, nimble.
Miyavi also has a reptilian skin with smooth scales, pointy, feather-looking ears, a long, fluffy lemur tail with stripes that can glow blue at night (usually posing as a surprisingly heavy belt around the waist), and prehensile clawed-feet, which she usually hides inside her signature black boots when going to the city).
Her tail tends to wiggle slightly depending on her emotional state, and the tip of her feathered ears shakes whenever she's excited.
Miyavi fights with knuckles and thick claws attached to them."[/quote]
↑ Proof in the event Tort does some editing. ;D

H.P. Lovecraft is the one who wrote stuff about eldritch abominations, right? *has never read anything of his*

Also, what is a "sjw"? Do I want to know?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:44 pm
Lumi says...

eldritch abominations are Lovecraftian, yee. the entire lore of his god-world is the end-product of the works of plenty of horrorterror writers. i forgot the name of the dude who gave us our precious void goat, but her story wasn't lovecraft's.

and an sjw is something i've been called teasingly dozens of times by a certain necrolyte's owner since the launch of this SB ;P

it's nothing bad. but you should do research yourself! (unless it's about the shape of those grace roots of anberlin's. don't research that)
-Shinji Moon

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:54 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I see.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:06 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

*goes to Urban Dictionary* Huh. Fancy that. I wonder if I can qualify some people as that on Youtube's numerous comment sections.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:24 pm
Lumi says...

warning before shots get fired: if you call a stranger a social justice warrior teasingly on the internet, you will likely be murdercorpsed.

at the core, it's basically what i do: empower all marginalized people and stick up for the issues

but when you use it mockingly, it's very akin to a racial slur [to most]
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:30 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I-I meant, in my mind, like, recognizing the behavior, not... Not actually calling them that. Younger Me once made the mistake of implying the stupidity of someone's comment - not even the person itself, just the comment - and the result was basically WWII - jews included, for some reason, and by the middle of it I wasn't even there anymore - so yeah I kinda avoid calling names as much as I can.

*shrugs* most of the time I'm just there for the funsies of chatting anyway, so I don't really need to. Luckily some people still do that, so finding them is always a plus.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:45 pm
View Likes
Jagged says...

social justice warriors suck anyway. theres too many of them. we need more social justice healers. think of the group composition!!!

also if you read lovecraft keep in mind he was horrifyingly racist, it informs a lot of his stuff lmao. he definitely cornered the market on eldritch horror tho.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered