z

Young Writers Society

Aether [DT]

how would one even go about bringing down a behemoth like Igurath?

the bigger they are, the harder they fall
17%
the foreman at the oil foundry said he's been sapping energy...so he's still growing. if we cut off his energy...
33%
the voidal beings must be bleeding from the same wound. so the more we hurt the igurathi, the less chance he has to energize?
50%

Total votes : 6

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:24 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Can I just say that I wouldn't have it any other way? XD LIZARDS VS CANINES, THE SHOWDOWN IS ON. (and I mean the lizard option was there in the first place, soooooo...)

I'll have to add canines in that hallucination-based concept of bugs vs reptiles. Hmm.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:42 pm
BrumalHunter says...

In that case, I guess it will be bugs vs reptiles vs canines. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:27 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Nah, canines would just be an alternate faction appearing in case of someone idiotic enough to step into their lands. XD So like a neutral faction nobody wants to mess with.

Plus they're already stealing the spotlight with That-Concept-Where-I-Have-Canines-Run-around-places-When-It-Rains-To-Be-The-First-Clan-To-Gain-New-Territories-And-Mark-Them-By-The-End-Of-The-Rain-Moment.
*fumbels through random notes* ...Huh. Wolves in the Shower. Not... Not my best project name, but eh, Canine Shower just didn't fit.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:37 pm
BrumalHunter says...

*facepalm*

You take certain things too far. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:48 pm
Lumi says...

i heard wolves in the shower what did i miss
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:31 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Yeah, well, it's tooootally your fault for mentioning the word shower as I had a chocolate wolf melting in my head!
...easily my best accusation yet. XD

@Lumi I'm naturally high and Astral is trying to fight it. Can't tell who's winning.

293 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:35 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I'm not sure how to respond to that... O_o It's probably true, but I still can't think of a retort. Still, your Brain has created worse combinations.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:42 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Did I just win a comeback game by joking around...? What do you mean you're not sure how to answer, I'm not THAT crazy! ...I think!

And yeah, you're totally right. Like that time I mixed up Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's with a bunny girl and got an mad scientist who traps children in anthro robotic armors and controls them with her mecha bunny ears and then she- maybe I shouldn't mention that one, it's still a work in progress after all.
Ahem.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:56 pm
TheSilverFox says...

the lizard is still tied for the lead in this poll :twisted:

Edit: damnit
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:37 am
Lumi says...

i go to sleep for the first time in days and this thread turns into...something eerily similar to the academy 5 thread. oi.

just so you all know--this episode DOES have purpose

it should, at least

i'm fighting super hard against my instinct to put down a sickeningly complex pattern for even the immediate future BUT

that won't happen. loose reins. loose reins.

by the end of the episode (post 15) we will have reached redwind and fought a minion of the void goat (who does have an official name that's being withheld because i have my limits)
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wouldn't be fun if DT threads didn't stray away from an established norm, methinks, but hey, it's probably temporary. *shrugs*

Oh hey, new poll. I'll go for Attorney! I'd say it's either that or government dog.
Also, yay, good to know we'll have some awesome activities right from the get go. Though with the latest two posts I'm still unsure if we're already all together or just separated and looking to reach Redwind via different, uh, transportation means. I assume it's for us to decide, since there's no map or anything, but y'know. Just sharing thoughts.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:22 am
Lumi says...

i thought it was clear they were together. my mistake. I ONLY WROTE THEM SLEEPING IN THE SAME ROOM.

ahem. either way, they're together, already scouting the state of Redwind. in the morning they're going to a moderately-sized city of the same name

and then they fend of an attack from the void goat's minions

bonus points for the first to give me a picture of a void goat
-Shinji Moon

40 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:36 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hey, Mr.Pain didn't exactly help me think clearly these past weeks, so it might actually be my mistake - because now that I'm re-reading both posts I totally see them in my brain, so there.

Oh, so we're already an established team, sort of. 'Kay.

HAH, I HAZ DEMON GOAT CONCEPTS, THIS SHALL BE PERFECT. Wait, "a" void goat? There are several? Can they have slight alterations in their overall designs? That could be interesting. Should the minions be goat-related too because herd factor, or like, totally different and the void goat would just be a Boss enemy thing?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:12 pm
Lumi says...

The end factor in Suhalla won't be an actual goat

so to speak

i guess i haven't said this to most of you SO how familiar are you with lovecraftian mythos? eh? okay.

Shub-Niggurath is the base for the Suhallan demon

the very basic plot thread dictates that the demon (Igurath, Igurathi for the followers of hers) had to revert to a very primitive state to make it through the rift caused by the planar quake, and after emerging in Suhalla, Igurath consumed as much as she could in order to restore as much power as possible

by the time we face her (if we do, i mean there are a thousand demons in her army) she'll likely be at about 15% power, so obviously there'll be another showdown later maybe or not huehue

so i had to give away the first few episodes to answer one question ;P

the city of redwind, by the way, should be overrun with Igurathi of your favored design
-Shinji Moon

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:16 pm
Caesar says...

it's going to be baby shep

you know it's going to be baby shep
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket