z

Young Writers Society

Breach in the Void DT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:44 am
JustJasper says...

Does anybody have a preference or idea about what dimension they are from. The way I see it this could go three different directions. They came from our dimension into a new one. They came from a new dimension into our dimension or neither dimension is ours.
This all depends on how much world building you guys feel like doing. I favor a plan in which one of the dimensions is our own but I can be persuaded if someone feels strongly another way.
Alright writers get those minds working. I will post any additional thoughts I have here soon.
Also if anyone wants to make another character or invite a friend to participate that would be great!

-Ossie
Why do we capital-N Nerds love Mars so much?
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.
It's covered with human triumphs but also with sad stories of failure.

-Greg Bear

11 Reviews

Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:51 pm
JustJasper says...

Sorry for posting so much! I just want to remind you guys that because we are going with a combination of ideas 1 and 4 and parts of 2 your characters are going to need three additional things.
1 A unique way that their powers affect them that is negative. So basically a reason they can't use their powers all the time.
2 How the dimensional travel is affecting them. For example Clover is slowly loosing her sight and Mason his hearing.
3 A reason to stay with the group. Think about it you might not want to stay with strangers who look dangerous either. This reason doesn't have to be unique or stated at all but as the writer you should think about why your character acts the way they do.

Sorry for giving you so much to think about at once! If you have any questions or additional ideas please post them here or PM me.
I will be unavailable to chat for a few days so if you don't feel like posting here please PM me.

-Ossie
Because it's beautiful, it's tough, it's buried in our mythic, childhood memories.

-Greg Bear

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:21 pm
Lael says...

@Oswin1800, I'm sorry but I'm going to drop out. I have a lot going on and I want to focus only on a few things right now. I'm really sorry. :(
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:54 pm
Lael says...

@Oswin1800 actually I take it back. I will try to stay in for now.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

11 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:42 am
JustJasper says...

Alright guys Fantasy and I were talking and we have 2 ideas about what dimension they are currently in. She will post a description of one and I will do the other. Then you must vote on which one you prefer.

The idea I have is a sci-fi world where everything is high tech. Here is a list of things that are common place in this world to give you an idea.
-Flying cars
-Spaceships
-Robots
-Small scale teleporters

You can do pretty much anything with this world because it has so much technology. All locations are easy to get to and they can travel very fast. Most information is also easy to get and transmit. Most places are built up and there is not so much open space unless you go into a special park area where the rules are very strict in order to conserve the green space they have left.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more information.
Fantasy will put her description up soon and then you can pick.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:15 pm
Europa says...

My idea is basically the opposite. What I had in mind was a fantasy version of early 20th century america, With steam trains and those old model cars, but there are also forms of learnable magic that anyone can study and master. Pretty simple and easy to work with if your willing to do a bit of research on that time period, and we can still play with it a bit since it's only based off that time period.

11 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:46 pm
JustJasper says...

Alright guys time to vote futuristic sci-fi or old fashioned fantasy?

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

81 Reviews

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:28 pm
Lael says...

I love both ideas a lot! I'm really struggling to choose which one to vote for, but I will go for sci-fi.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:40 am
StupidSoup says...

I shall vote Fantasy! I like the idea of a dead world with castles and stuff.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:17 am
Poopsie says...

can i does a thing in this thing
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11 Reviews

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:39 pm
JustJasper says...

Sure we would love that @Poopsie

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:45 pm
Chaser says...

I think I'll vote for sci-fi, since sins of science sincerely strike me as workable.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:05 am
Poopsie says...

I vote fantasy
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:52 am
nickelgotyourback says...

I vote sci-fi. I feel like there are so many various, unique ideas that can be incorporated in the futuristic world.

11 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:57 am
View Likes
JustJasper says...

Alright voting is closed now because all of you have voted. The winning idea was sci-fi, I will be posting before the end of the week and then whoever wants to post next can. I would like it if someone can post at least once a week.

-Ossie

-Greg Bear

Alexa, are there European frat boys
— Carina