z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 4

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

"Gengar(Mega): Gengar’s relationships are warped. It has no interest in opponents unless it perceives them as prey.

Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.

Pinsir(Mega): The influence of Mega Evolution leaves it in a state of constant excitement. It pierces enemies with its two large horns before shredding them.

Gyarados(Mega): Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

Aerodactyl(Mega): When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.

Sharpedo(Mega): As a consequence of Mega Evolution, its combative instincts exploded. The yellow marks it bears are scars from a long history of battles.

Salamence(Mega): Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”

Metagross(Mega): Mega Evolution stimulated its brain. It emerged as a ruthless Pokémon that will clutch at any means of ensuring its victories.

Garchomp(Mega): Its vaunted wings become scythes, sending it mad with rage. It swings its scythes wildly and slices the ground to pieces.

Lucario(Mega): It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless."

Ok... so... Mega Evolutions got a lot darker in the newest game.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:11 pm
BrumalHunter says...

The Mega Evolutions have descriptions? I glanced at these above, but I'm not too sure I want to read them just yet... Fine, I'll read the ones unrelated to my favourites, so I'll stop at Sharpedo.

*reads*

♦ Holy crap. Gengar is now scarier than ever before. O_o
♦ Kangaskhan's Parental Bond is now seriously dark and ominous and I don't think I like it.
♦ Pinsir sounds exactly the same as it always did. XD
♦ Gyarados, however, is now permanently enraged and should be put down without thought, lest nothing of society remain.
♦ Aerodactyl's description is actually heartbreakingly tragic.
♦ Sharpedo now also sounds more vicious than ever before.

So yeah, I'm stopping there. But basically, it sounds like all the rough, violent, brutal, cruel Pokémon only become more so upon Mega-Evolving. Huh.

EDIT: Never mind, I read the rest. And yeah, it seems Mega Evolution just causes the Pokémon to want to kill everything or whatever stands in its way. This at least makes things interesting for the plot of this story. And I daresay heartless is a style Gabriel could adopt very easily.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:29 am
Ventomology says...

Two college apps down, two (possibly three) to go.

The Personal Statement is in final editing, and my portfolio is kicking, and I am on a roll. We just might see a Flurry post this weekend.

EDIT:

HAHA! Funny story! I added another college to my list because they offer money, but the deadline is this Thursday, and I will be on a band trip that day, and they want a portfolio. So guess what didn't happen.

In better news, I am now at three applications down and two to go, app No. 4 will be done tomorrow, and app No. 5 isn't due until January.

Heck. Yeah.

EDIT AGAIN:

FOUR. DOWN.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:50 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm just going to point out that production for SB writing has finally resumed. I believe I have found an efficient way to write every day WHILE suffering/enjoying Game Design, so much so that I've moved completed the first scene - and moved to the second one - of my Hoopa Special I should've written a long time ago. Second is Twinkiel's post, and 3rd is his Psyche Battle against Alek.

I will also say this... If you felt bad for Latias in my previous Hoopa Specials, then you're not going to like what follows.

Baaaaaaaaai~ :3

Also Mega-Evolution descriptions all look fun so far. Got Mega-Ampharos'? Can't seem to find the new Entries yet.
EDIT: Nevermind, found 'em all, EXCEPT AMPHAROS DARN IT.
But I like the explanation that the Dex entries are creepier because Rotom, a Ghost type, is the one providing the infos.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:23 pm
TheSilverFox says...

I'm still patiently waiting in the background for @StupidSoup to either post or give me the green-light to post, but I'll make sure to edit and polish my post when that time comes. In the meantime, I got Pokemon Moon on its release day and have been playing through the game. I've spent about 40 hours thus far, and have beaten the Elite Four, Champion, and raised my entire team to around level 80. Between training and fighting/losing to Lumi every day, it's proved to be a fun experience. I'm happy, at least. XD
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:35 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Huh. Sounds awfully easy, but then they DID make the games a lot more accessible ever since Gen 6 (and my challenge-driven mindset can go away, they did well removing many of the tedious training-related stuff).

Good to know you're happy, though. Send Red and Green (or Blue, I guess, but I like going by his original name) my regards: I'll fight 'em again in Alola soon enough. Been playing Uranium and watching the Sun & Moon anime to hype myself up, and ohooooooh boy am I enjoying my weekends with this :D Beat 5 Gyms in Uranium so far, and got into the translation team for the French version. Life's good here too, for the most part.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

299 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:58 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say easy, given the number of times my team has been beat up in some way or another (although I don't think I ever fully lost once, I do remember a lot of times in which at least one member of my party fainted). Either the game is harder than I anticipated, or I'm just that bad at playing it. Of course, now that my team is strong enough, I don't have to be so concerned about having trouble. :P

And I've already fought Red - he turned out to be tough. Although, to be honest, he was slightly easier than the final battle I had with the story's main antagonist - that fight was just crazy/eerie/mildly disturbing. o-o

Ah, I've heard of Uranium before! I haven't actually played it, but it sounds cool. And you managed to join the French translation team? Neat! :D

24 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 pm
Robusto says...

@Tortwag : Not sure if you saw my Mega Evolution post here before, but I'd give it a look. I'm sure you'll find the contents quite entertaining

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:38 pm
BrumalHunter says...

He saw the post, @Robusto - even if not directly, I mentioned it to him and elaborated a bit. ;)

Also, since I'm asking - wait, I have you on Skype. Ah, but the battery is flat, as well as my phone's. Huh. Oh well. So you remember Pokémon Horizon, right? Well, may I use its alchemy for this storybook? I'll gladly show you the pad too, if you'd like. The system obviously won't work the same, since I went all out with individualising it, but if I could simply carry my research for that over to here, it would be of great convenience. All Pokémon up to Gen VI are included anyway.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

24 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:19 pm
Robusto says...

Of course. I'm always up for adding new ideas to this. ^^

40 Reviews

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:57 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto Read it, enjoyed it, got details for it, and like I told Astral: fun times. Also, um, I... I said I found everything except Ampharos. And by everything, I mean both the Megas AND the normal ones. Y'know, like Mankey who lives with more anger than Hulk will ever be able to muster, at a constant rate, and gets more angry because he's alone, and then Primeape who's even more angry all the time and who's only salvation from his anger is to... die.

That Rottom Dex sure is enjoyin' himself.

@TheSilverFox Yeah, that's what I meant by easy. If that was your experience so far, then I'll basically stomp every challenge that comes my way, but eh, I'm in for the fun anyway.
Especially with Red - I wagered that he wouldn't be as strong as his previous battles (especially not PWT, darn that version is a pain/pleasure to deal with).

Uranium's been shut down by Nintendo's Market Team - that and 500+ more fangames - but it continues behind their back. It... It IS a really good game, I'll snatch my full copy and give it to ya after I'm done patching it.
Also? Custom Pokedex, sprites, regions, musical pieces, and story.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:39 am
Poopsie says...

Omigosh. This is super late, but, StupidSoup does not have access to the internet as both his phone and his computer are busted. I do not know when he will be able to take part in this again other than occasional messages from my conputer
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:07 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Poopsie good luck to him, then.

Also, um THE HOOPA SPECIAL HAS BEEN COMPLETED. I'll post it within the week - and right after that, our favorite Thunderfleece is finally makin' his long awaited comeback!

...He did have a long-awaited comeback, right? He'd be upset if it wasn't the case, lol.

40 Reviews

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:11 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double-posting for the sake of announcing that the Hoopa Special has finally been posted.

Time-wise, it happens right after Jewels/Flury/Spadassya and their group left the Shrine, during the night. And now there's an Infected Machop that's about to be dropped off at their position. So this happened at day A5 I think, but I'll have to check. I'll add something about that Infected Machop either here or in the Hoopa Special, but know that it's Robusto approved, so it's nothing anymore crazy than what we've had to do so far, heh.

I await your comments, my dears. Nihihihihi...

299 Reviews

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:43 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: Yay! I'll have to find time to read it later today, because of my schoolwork and all (and all my nerves are shot), but, based on what I've seen so far, it's going to be wonderful and terrifying. Which is what I was hoping for. XD

Gravity was a mistake.
— Till Nowak