z

Young Writers Society

Until Spring Comes DT

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:19 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Go for it man! Make a joke about it. Make it something that you do for the kids of the base. Or even monster nuggets if you want
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:20 pm
TheForgottenKing says...

So, too late?? I just had a brilliant idea and I couldn't resist the temptation to bring it to fruitation.
"I make my own luck"- Shay Patrick Cormac

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:23 pm
Lael says...

How are the leaders to be addressed? Are Mr. So-and-So or Ms. So-and-So fine? Or do they actually have titles?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

81 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:15 am
Lael says...

Also, since they must have certain types of tech for training, is it okay if I make Jenna design an obstacle course for part of the combat trainees' test with a bunch of traps and puzzle things (as part of her own test)? If you want to see it beforehand to check, I can PM it to you or something, but it's something that seems pretty fun to talk about and I'd really like to do that. But I can change it if you don't like the idea. @HazelGrace16
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

15 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:12 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Sure! @EmmaKi Also they would be addressed as sir or mam. @TheForgottenKing Yes go ahead!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:31 am
Craz says...

Hey, could we maybe title our posts in the future with our character's names? It's a bit confusing for me, sorry~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

81 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:35 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Whoops, forgot about putting Jenna's name on my post. Gotta do it now! ;)

77 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 am
Craz says...

Oh, thanks, Em~
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

81 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:47 am
View Likes
Lael says...

Also if anyone wants to know what the obstacle course kind of looks like: (think American Ninja Warrior amd other obstacle-course TV shows if you want, but maybe not to those extremes or craziness. Instead, it's more like a brutal/cut-throat type, but still not really, since it's still just training)

Traps can be trapdoor-type things, dead ends, or big pits, etc.

Puzzles (meant to slow them down) can be touch screen things where you have to solve a maze or pattern and things like those, or physical (or holographic, maybe?) puzzle shapes, kind of like a Rubik's cube, but with many different kinds shapes, and not necessarily solving for colors Also, there could be survival questions, like "What would you do if you were stuck in an avalanche?" For any question puzzles, if answered incorrectly, the runner can be stalled from 15 or 20 seconds to 1-2 minutes by special lasers/lights/holographic stuff/IDK that can temporarily shock you (and stall you longer) without harm (or do they??? :shock:) if you try to keep going before waiting time is up.

Those are all of the jumbled up ideas I have so far! ;) So I guess it kinda works that way, if anyone's going to use it in their post. I (or Jenna) certainly hope someone does. Feel free to ask questions or suggest changes or additions if needed! :)
Last edited by Lael on Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

77 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:14 am
Craz says...

Are all of the kids and teenagers required to go through this training, or some type of training (you mentioned that Lara's friend went to technology and Lara went to combat)? Or is this program for the elite for the upper class, and those of us with chars in the lower class could only get in with pure skill or a sponsorship?

How would all of our chars end up in the same elite group, with greatly varying backgrounds and some not even admitted into the elite training?

Sorry for the bombardment. I have a knack for being confused 80% of the time.

15 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:43 am
HazelGrace16 says...

Each person has an advanced skill set. Specifically Lara's father has been training her for a leadership position. Therefore there are levels. You may be imputed for one skill or many. It just depends on your characters usefulness to the base

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:22 am
StupidSoup says...

Um just a warning. Little Matt's gonna be practically god like.

I'm also gonna be off the grid for about a week
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

15 Reviews

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:21 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

*Pokes*

Hey guys wake up! We were mentioned in the monthly Storybook Letter, and we can't let that mention go to waste! If you haven't please make your first post, and dont be afraid to ask to include other charries. Im sure we would all be happy to do that. I still really want this SB to work!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:59 pm
backroadstraveler says...

I have half of my post done- I'll try to wrap it up tonight and just get it posted
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:33 pm
backroadstraveler says...

@HazelGrace16 hey I just have this last thing to figure out- could there be separate halls (dorm style) for people to live in in the same building that houses their profession? I'm trying to figure out where Gabe is going to be staying, and given his skill-set I was thinking in a room above the armory/ a building with a similar function.

Otherwise, where should I put him?
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis