z

Young Writers Society

Until Spring Comes DT

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:38 pm
Lael says...

@HazelGrace16 where are the bases located? Also do we pick which one we're in?
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:22 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

The three remaining bases are located in San Fransisco, Hong Kong, and Chicago. The other closed bases include Dublin, London, Giza, Rio de Generio, and New York. I would like us all to be in the same one, so the story of collecting supplies stays the same for all of us. @EmmaKi

Also the founders likely established one language for the bases. We are going to say English because that is the dominant language from the chosen locations.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

81 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:48 pm
Lael says...

Okay, makes sense. That's what I thought before, but I just got a little confused about the bases. ;)
Last edited by Lael on Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:48 am
Craz says...

So which base will we be at? Or, the one that you would like most of us to be at?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

15 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:56 am
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I was going with San Fransisco if that's okay with everyone?
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:08 am
Poopsie says...

Yes can we start now?
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

81 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 am
Lael says...

San Francisco's fine. Can't wait to start!

15 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:15 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I will have a post up soon! I promise! It's hard to write on a road trip haha

81 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:55 pm
Lael says...

Are people in the elite groups supposed to be solely the fighting type, or are the groups put together with people with different specialties/talents in mind to make a really strong & diverse team?

Also what does "training" mean when you said that Lara is in training while Lydia is in technology? Like combat?

15 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:07 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

It is a diverse team with skill sets in all categories. Lydia is the type to be in control of the technology in the base. Where as the elite team goes on missions outside of the base

81 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:10 pm
Lael says...

Okay, makes sense. So would anyone who will be in an elite group be a part of the "training"?

15 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:04 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

If your character chooses to do so

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:44 pm
Chaser says...

Question: What do they eat? Because Wendell's a cook, and I'm wondering whether they have regular seal meat or monster nuggets. How would rations work?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

15 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:17 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Food would be how you imagine. Canned foods mostly. Meat would be from specific animals they raise in the base such as rabbit, chicken, and goat. All plant based foods have been grown. Usually stick with corn, wheat, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Fruit is very very rare, but usually only canned oranges or peaches

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:22 pm
Chaser says...

Shoot, I based my entire introduction around seal nuggets.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore