Jurassic Paradise DT

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:55 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I apologize! My time has been linited lately but I will try to get it in soon
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Oh right, that's a thing I have to do. I'll start on that.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 am
LordZeus says...

*poke*

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:46 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Gracias, Zeus xP

I'm just going to ramble a little bit about the basic skeleton of the plot so all of you can start pitching in. I'm writing this late at night so hopefully it isn't gibberish

I'll begin the SB with a scene at the San Diego docks, where Polk's cruise ship will be waiting. The first round of posts will take place on the ship and on the way to the island. The trip would probably take about a week. Here, we can concentrate on initial character reactions while they enjoy the various luxuries of a billionaire's boat.

By the end of the first week, the ship will have made it to the island. The two jeeps that were brought along are unloaded, and everyone gets crammed in and start off towards the "safe haven" two miles inland (see map on first DT post). The ship, the small ship crew, and a few NPC guards are supposed to stay behind and wait out the, say, three days that Polk wants to stay on the island. Ha. Like that'll happen.

Anyway, two miles in dinosaur territory will be an interesting adventure. (I predict some Ian Malcolm "must go faster" moments.) I'm thinking that some of those characters who thought this whole thing was a bad idea will wholeheartedly want to turn around and get the heck out of there, but don't have control of the jeeps and stay tight until they reach safety.

The safe haven holds a lot of goodies. It's basically a luxury Jurassic World hotel that's remained well intact and has a semi-protective border. There's a few more jeeps, two gyrospheres (the hamster balls), electricity, running water, and plenty of provisions. Being a Jurassic "safe haven" and all, it's hardly that safe, of course, but for now it's the best place on the island and the characters are relieved to be there.

Early the next morning after a restless night/more close encounters with death even in the safe haven, two wannabe deserters grab a gyrosphere and speed off to the docks and back to the ship. To their horror, it's not tied down anymore and they can see the ship drifting off, seeming to have departed just a few minutes earlier. They think the crew had deserted them until they see a velociraptor's silhouette and hear a distant scream or something.

Gotta love them dinos <3
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:41 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Just a quick little post to get us started off. ;) Credits for the dino facts go to Steggy.
and do not be afraid.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:06 am
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Posted! I tried to keep it from being unnecessarily detailed, although it is about 1,600 words in length. If anybody has any questions about my post, or thinks I may have described a character improperly, please feel free to tell me! We're in this as a team, and we won't get anywhere if we don't work together and help each other like a team. But wow, this has been so much fun, and it was great to finally start writing a story, which I haven't done in a little while. What a wonderful SB you have here, @Wolfie36. Let's make sure it succeeds! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:17 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Gosh, I'm so excited for this SB. :) Great post, Silver! I appreciate the fact that you mentioned many of the characters and by no means did you go into too much detail. Nigel is awesome.
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:22 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I am pumped for my babies dinosaurs! Also, nice posts you two. :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:19 pm
Lefty says...

@ScarlettFire Are you still planning to join this?

I don't want to post for Christopher until I know if he has a twin sister/little sister tagging along.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:58 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Yes, @ScarlettFire, @Noelle, and @Jhinx, please let us know if you can get your CPs in soon!

Whoever posts next, it'd be nice to continue where Alex's post left off, with some sort of dining scene with all the characters. I think Steggy and I would be more than happy to write a Polk POV post, if need be, where he takes the chance to talk to everyone about the "adventure" he has planned.

I'm loving these posts so far! <3
and do not be afraid.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:13 am
View Likes
Noelle says...

I was working on mine today. I'll be at my little brother's baseball game tomorrow (it's a double header woo -_-) so I'll have plenty of time to finish it. Seeing the awesome posts you guys have made has lit a fire under me :3

YWS is life

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:57 pm
View Likes
Noelle says...

Double posting. Woo. I submitted my character. Let me know if I should change anything or elaborate. I kind of rushed through it.

YWS is life

440 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:22 am
Wolfi says...

have no shame; the dreaded double post is inevitable

Lovely character, @Noelle! Thanks for submitting that ;)

Who's going next?
and do not be afraid.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:23 am
ScarlettFire says...

Wolfie36 wrote:Yes, @ScarlettFire, @Noelle, and @Jhinx, please let us know if you can get your CPs in soon!

Whoever posts next, it'd be nice to continue where Alex's post left off, with some sort of dining scene with all the characters. I think Steggy and I would be more than happy to write a Polk POV post, if need be, where he takes the chance to talk to everyone about the "adventure" he has planned.

I'm loving these posts so far! <3

I'm sorry, Wolfie. I must withdraw from this SB. I no longer feel up to participating. (I've had a really bad couple of weeks and I don't feel I can give this the attention it deserves.) Good luck with it and all that. <3
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

440 Reviews

Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:44 am
Wolfi says...

Thanks for letting us know, @ScarlettFire. I hope life gets better! <33

In that case, @LeftyWriter, Christopher looks like he'll be on his own. Everyone who mentioned there being two grandchildren (just myself and @TheSilverFox, I believe), please edit that bit out.
and do not be afraid.

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical