z

Young Writers Society

Jurassic Paradise DT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat May 07, 2016 6:13 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Really nice post, Steggy! Polk's emotions were very realistic.

Officially R.I.P., Naomi <3

Speaking of killing, it'd be nice to Polk soon. Once he's gone the rest of the group will have more freedom to just concentrate on getting off the island.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue May 10, 2016 2:12 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Well, now that I've finished the other Storybook posts that were distracting me, I finally have time to catch up on all the posts of this one and actually start writing. It'll take me some time to look through all the new posts, of course, but I should be able to start writing by tonight and complete the post in a couple of days. Would it be alright if I made Nigel one of the two people who tries to flee the island, and he recruits your character, @Birkhoff? Yes, I do know that I haven't shown Nigel's personal thoughts on entering the island, nor have I discussed three dinosaur encounters yet. However, I'm not sure it'd be fair to everyone here if I were to backtrack over information that's already been covered. @Wolfical, would it be alright if I discussed those encounters when he's trying to flee? Would that make any sense? Should I focus on his daytime experiences with dinosaurs before progressing to his attempted escape, which might take a little more time?

Anywho, I should be able to write shortly, and I'm pretty excited to get back into this again. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I'll enjoy writing it! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

440 Reviews

Tue May 10, 2016 10:40 pm
Wolfi says...

@TheSilverFox, if you're referring to the "tasks" I assigned, don't worry about those anymore. Now that we've gotten well into the SB I've decided were better off without them.

Super excited to read your post!
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2016 5:41 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Foxxxx. That was incredible! :o

Never have I read such a thorough and entertaining storybook post. Splendid story line, splendid emotion, and splendid writing! Seriously, I thank you for writing that, because it was a pleasure to read.

*hands over trophy*
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun May 15, 2016 5:29 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey, I'll try to get my post up by tomorrow. If someone wants to post before me, that's fine.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Tue May 17, 2016 10:00 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Hey, so, I'm about to start working on my post. (It took me longer to get to it than I thought. I had storybook posts to catch up on reading. Sorry!)

I just wanted to clarify that the fence around the hotel has, in fact, been broken into/become useless?(Edit: That was a question. :P) And, are things back at the hotel still calm (as far as everyone but Polk and Carson know), or is everything about to turn to chaos? I just wanted an idea of what the situation at the hotel is at this point before I jump into my post. Thanks!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 12:12 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Steggy's post said that there was a power outage, allowing at least Naomi's killer to get inside. The power came back on, but then in Fox's post, the gate was pushed open, allowing whatever and whoever to come inside. So yeah, the fence is useless. Maybe closing the gate will help, but with the power outage instance the fence certainly had to be broken in some other way for the dinos to get inside.

Still, I'd imagine that the hotel itself is dino-free. Even the most intelligent dinosaurs, the raptors, will need a little more time to figure out how to get in. Polk will try to keep everything calm for as long as he can, but the fact that he's keeping everyone inside on a lovely day is sure to be suspicious. Three people are missing, too! Nigel and Richard will probably contact the hotel soon, via walkie-talkie, and once they've hinted at the enormity of their situation, that's when panic strikes.
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 12:17 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Ok cool, that makes things a lot clearer for me. Thanks, Wolfie!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed May 18, 2016 3:15 am
LordZeus says...

Hey @LeftyWriter would it be possible for you to mention in your post that idea we talked about earlier? (You know, Chris being Ax's fan due to his work)

93 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 3:19 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Sure, I can fit that in. Thanks for reminding me, @LordZeus.

93 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 9:39 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Posted! Let me know if you want me to change anything, @LordZeus.

440 Reviews

Wed May 18, 2016 11:23 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Very nice post, Lefty! I can't handle Christopher's adorableness. The action is really picking up, and I love it!
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:00 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I have some final projects to finish for school. After that, maybe by Friday, I'll post. Before then, anyone else - @LordZeus, @Birkhoff, @TinyJarStoredDreams, @TheForgottenKing - is more than welcome to go.
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:04 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

Posted! @Wolfical , I mentioned Annabelle quite a lot in my post. Please tell me if you want me to change anything!

440 Reviews

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:13 pm
Wolfi says...

Wooo, page two!

Very nice, Zeus. Now Annabelle has to deal with a nosy survivalist while also running away from dinos. :p

Birkhoff just let me know that he can't participate any longer, so that means Richard Mercer will soon be a goner, too. Birk requested that he be killed by the mighty T-Rex. @TheSilverFox, the next time you post, it might make sense for you to write about that, since Nigel and Richard are stuck together at the coast.
and do not be afraid.

NO U
— Carina