Young Writers Society

Genii - Land of the Gods DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:30 pm
View Likes
micamouth says...

@Stegosaurus

Dalkhu have free will, like those of an. They can also be of any age. Generally, dalkhu creatures are the same as those of an but are not permitted to use most magic. Also, we'd be happy to have you!
formerly Sagitta

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:56 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Hey @Sagitta!! When I saw that your SB only had four participants, I thought it'd be a good time for me to step in and claim a position... I feel inclined to take a Dalkhu and a Deity, just one question- Do Dalkhu-deity hybrids also have a domain (like ... of Chaos, or ... of Death, etc), since I see that deities do, so I'm just asking.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

30 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:04 pm
View Likes
micamouth says...

@TheClockworkConjurer
Waah, another person! ❤ Happy to have you!
Dalkhu-deities do have a domain, but it will be the same as their domain when they weren't dalkhu. For example, if Myza became a dalkhu-god, she would still be the god of honesty. This would throw their domain out of balance, however... ;)
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:37 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheClockworkConjurer Welcome aboard, Clockwork! Or... Conjurer.
...Hmm. I think I'll go with Clockwork - if you don't mind.
So yeah, just feel like greeting new people here because hey, why not. You're going for a dalkhu/deity? Does that mean that you've already chosen what god/goddess your character will be of? *isnotatallcurious*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:30 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I submitted my character! :) if like me to change anything, let me know.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

62 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:57 am

Yes @Tortwag, I have... And @Sagitta, just one more question, may my dalkhu-deity and deity characters be siblings/related?
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

30 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:11 am
micamouth says...

Sure! Gods can be siblings, as well as genii.
formerly Sagitta

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:17 am
Steggy says...

@Sagitta, edited that little piece.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

62 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:29 am

Note for @Sagitta- With Allagi, I said "used" and "used to" etc when it concerned his magic...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:50 pm
Craz says...

Whose profiles aren't in yet?
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

40 Reviews

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:17 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but with Stegosaurus and Clockwork's characters in, I think we're all here, @Craz.

So I assume we should prepare to being the posting frenzy, and since I had asked for the permission to start workin' on mine, I'll do just that.
I already have about 2 to 3 quarters done, so it should be out either today or in the following days (Tuesday or Wednesday if my DEAR teachers really screw me over)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:08 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Since you just mentioned that, @Tortwag, I have to get working on my post for this (including two other SB posts which could keep me occupied for the next few days) SO, yea.

40 Reviews

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:29 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Stegosaurus Aaaaah, Multi-SBing. The heavenly nightmare that strikes so many of us XD
More seriously though, it's fine! I kinda plan to open this with something... interesting. So it should allow all of you guys to get ready in the meantime :)

EDIT: Just wanted to notify everyone that THE POST IS FINISHED. Lemme just come back home and correct a few stuff. Then I can post it :3

40 Reviews

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:21 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double posting for the sake of bringing attention.

I posted!
And I'm already sorry, because this is going to be a two-parter. Brain took me hostage and decided to make Nova a much more important character than what I had originally planned, so I require more little bits of character development for this to happen. First part introduces Paggya's character and a few of her abilities, and second part shows how she fights. My biggest worry is how I'll keep the fight realistic, as I'm used to mix fantasy in pretty much everything I do, but hopefully, I'll be fine.

...I talk too much.
In any case, I'm not reserving the 2nd post this time, so you guys and gals are free to go! Hope you'll enjoy this, despite it bein' a long post.
'Twas fun to write :D

(and if any of y'all is totally stuck, I wrote a big plan back in Page 2 of the DT that concerns most of us and got Saggita's OK for it, so it's totally there for you to use as a guidance if needed. For those of you who missed it or don't want to backtrack all the way to Page 2, here it is again:
Spoiler! :
So. Here's the plan I got so far, divived in a few elements.

1. First and foremost, it all begins with something called the Heaven's Parade. It's basically a feast that's organized in An to celebrate the deities in duty, remind people of their presence and also to accept new Aspiring Deities in their ranks - if they are deemed worthy. The reason why I believe starting with this event is important is because the deities essentially use it as an excuse to recruit more people so that they'll be a match to the rebellion that they KNOW is currently happening in the Netherworld.

2. Now, what's unique about this thing is that although it mostly happens in An, Deities might want to make a point by inviting Geniis, Humans that had contact with supernatural beings and even - if they behaved well enough- Benevolant Dalkhus. That's also a facade - make sure to show that gods are nice and charming and that the evil rebellion is what you should be afraid of or fighting against.
^ having the Geniis, humans and dalkhus is optional. It's just how I personally think Deities would do it - and it's also a very good way for all of our characters to bump into each other, because they might all get invited into the parade.
But if this doesn't fit with the actual way your world works, @Sagitta, do tell me, and I'll come up with somethin' else. I'm not managing this SB here: you are. I'm just providing some suggestions ;)

3. The point of this "2." bit of my plan is that even if other races aren't invited, the Heaven's Parade brings a LOT of attention - to those who can see it - which means that a lot of roaming Geniis will become more active. That'll be a good way to have some of our characters wonder what the heck is going on, or why do they suddenly see a lot of weird things around them, etc.

4. Since the SB mentions a rebellion, well, one of the activities said rebellion may have would be trying to strike the human world first - because a lot of human beings aren't aware of everything that's goin' on outside of Earth, and also because it's much safer to attack them first than a group of freakin' gods - to see how the Deities will react, and also to forcefully recruit people. Or manipulate them into joining their ranks.

5. Now, I realize that actual Dalkhus can't exactly leave the Netherworld, as they're pretty much stuck there, according to the SB's first page. So one way they could reach Earth would be by trying to pass via some ancient portals or pathways they used to have when some of them were deities. Which, as you may have guessed, would be a perfect opportunity to travel in various places of the world and use the mysteries our good old Earth has in store specifically for the story's plot points.
And the first example that came to my mind was the Nazca Lines. They were apparently drawn for a lot or purposes, a plausible one being that these lines accompanied religious rituals so that the people living there may enjoy some water, which they rarely had.
Point being, if we're having former gods take part of a rebellion that can't actually move around, sending a few scouts trying to get back to Earth and open the gates for the rest of the army would be a logical choice. And using symbols they used a long time ago would be a solution for that.

If this is approved, then rest assured, people: we're not using all the lines. There are about 40 of those, so it'll even be more insteresting to have our characters guess which ones are the portals and which ones are not - with up to 8 of them being actual gateways.

6. Therefore, our first "arc" so to speak would be to have our characters either prevent former-deity-Dalkhus from entering Earth and then find a way to spread into the heavens - because CHAOS UNFOLDS if they do - or banish/defeat those who actually manage to enter our planet.
Cheers!)

30 Reviews

Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:57 am
View Likes
micamouth says...

PAHAHA *snort*
I just read your post and ah, it made me laugh. Djinni oh my god XD
I shall post next, yes? I already have ideas ^^
formerly Sagitta

A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats