z

Young Writers Society

Genii - Land of the Gods DT

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:57 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta... Hmm. *hands over the entire plan* Your signature at the bottom, please XD

In all seriousness though, thank you! Glad you like 'em. Especially the Nazca Lines part, because it has a special spot in my heart that I'm really happy I can finally use.
Yes! Stonehenge. But why only older deities and geniis...?
*A quick google search later*
aHA! I get it. Yup, makes sense, as it would've probably be used by some of the oldest gods and geniis, considering its pretty much prehistoric.
As for the ley lines... Hmm... Not sure how to use 'em, but it's-
*light bulb strike*
...Oh. Never mind. Got an idea. I'll write it all down somewhere.
Also, I think we should include the Bermuda Triangle in the list of portal places we can use - I feel like it's a Must.

EDIT: Finally finished that Character Template! GOSH, it took me FOREVER to choose the good palette and recolor that dress, but I'm happy with te result. Enjoy the description!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:10 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Bump.

@Sagitta just in case you missed it: My Character Template's waiting for you :)

Also, started working on my first post. But I'll wait for a green light before posting anything, don't worry.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:39 pm
micamouth says...

Oops, sorry! I didn't notice. I'll get to it right away!

Edit

@Tortwag
Human-dalkhu 'hybrids' don't happen, but if humans do very very bad things, gods can choose to send them to the nether world. Usually they don't bother, but it is possible. Would you want to change Pag to be a human, dalkhu creature or keep her as a human-dalkhu? Keep in mind this technically makes her a dalkhu-genii.
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:11 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta S'okay! That's what bumping is for, after all.
Right. These hybrids don't happen. Okay then.
So... If Paggya becomes a dalkhu-genii - which was my original idea - is she able to keep an "organic form", so to speak? Or should I only rely on the limitation I set - which is that she only appears human to fellow humans as long as she's in possession of an object from Earth (can be anything)?

30 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:36 pm
View Likes
micamouth says...

@Tortwag
Genii always have a physical form. They cannot be touched by normal humans, but humans who have had contact with them in some way or have exceptional psychic minds can touch them without passing through their bodies. Powerful genii can hold an illusion to make them appear like animals and even inanimate objects.

If that's what you're asking ^^
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:42 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta ...Oh. AKA like actual geniis, and unlike ghosts, like I wrongly believed.
Well there you go. You solved all of my problems. Dalkhu-genii it is!

EDIT: And Paggya's in! *celebrates* glad to be a part of this - officially :D
So, that first post should br ready by either the end of this week or the beginning of the following one. Fingers crossed!

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:14 am
Craz says...

Hey, @Sagitta, do you think that the larger dieties would have "ghosts" of themselves? For instance, they can't be everywhere around the world at once, so they would have maybe "ghouls" (idk if there is an actual term for this) to be there in their place. Not quite genii, but sort of mindless spirits that work for them.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

30 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:47 am
micamouth says...

You mean projections of themselves, or closer to genii? Hm, that could work @Craz. I suppose that power would be reserved to those who have many followers.

@Tortwag yay! I'll be a little inactive towards the end of this week but I'll try my best to stay with this.
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:15 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta got it!

Oh hey, we're a featured Storybook now! Storybook Newsletter ← Most deserving of attention, or so they say.
*is even more pumped up to post*

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:25 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

This looks quite promising. Can I have a character?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:37 pm
fukase says...

I think it is more exciting for you to join in. It isn't started yet. @Sagitta our boss, will be even delighted for it.

Just don't make a fuss on this story's concepts. Our boss had been mad twice for this problem.

Just make a relevant character based on this story, its rules and all the submitted characters.

~Memo
I love Koku.
He is damn cute and should be the main character
and not some lazy old man that supposedly genius but a sucker in his own life.
Koku is Koku.
Koku is CUTE.
~ B-The Beginning (A Netflix Anime.)

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:38 pm
Steggy says...

Great! I'll have my character... either today or tomorrow? :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

40 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Huh. Incredible how spotlights instantly grant SBs much more attention - proof that Newletters really ARE working.

@Stegosaurus Welcome aboard! This hasn't started yet, so you have high chances of being accepted among us. Just joined a few days ago, so, same boat.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:46 pm
Craz says...

Of course, @Stegosaurus, if you have any ideas to add to the plot, feel free to talk to us about it. :p
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:23 pm
Steggy says...

One little question: How old are the Dalkhu? I am guessing it would be up there with the immortal peeps (since some of them are a god-like creature thingy). Also, can there be a Dalkhu that is evil? Even though they aren't that evil.

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman