z

Young Writers Society

Genii - Land of the Gods DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun May 22, 2016 8:17 pm
micamouth says...

@StupidSoup I have another... 8 weeks left? Ugh, you lucky foreigners. ;)

@Tortwag I've heard of Disgaea, it looks... terrifying ;u; I'm having a little difficulty with FE but it's simply a matter of getting used to the mechanics. I'm used to Bravely Default - my first JRPG - and FE's mechanics are veeery new to me. xD
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun May 22, 2016 9:05 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta Play it. As in... Just do. It's terrifying to people because it looks insane, and it is JUST AS INSANE AS IT LOOKS :smt003 It's on PC now, so you can get it.
But like, the insanity includes your own characters. As long as you're used to JRPGs, you'll be find. That and... I mean... It's so darn funny XD

*Laharl - main character - finds out that it's payday for his vassals.*

Laharl: "Yeah, but I don't wanna pay with my personal freakin' money. Who's the richest Demon Lord around? We'll destroy his castle and use his money to pay you guys instead. Let's go people!"
↑ The ENTIRE game is filled with stuff like that XD

Oh, except when it actually becomes emotional. The overall madness of the series makes these moments all the more memorable.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun May 22, 2016 10:13 pm
StupidSoup says...

>-> where in the world is u swaggawagon.

Also, I have a hard time seeing how a tactical role playing game is insane (no offense though ;) )
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Sun May 22, 2016 11:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@StupidSoup none taken. You don't play much of these, according to your own words. And uh, I just gave Saggi an example why. Have you ever heard of someone who starts a conquering mission against someone because he doesn't wanna pay his own men? I sure haven't.
But if you really wanna know...

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

Or if you want a more... gameplay field of view:
Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

And that's just the tip of the iceberg: you haven't actually played that yet. I have XD So uh, would you classify this as anything less but madness? If so, please... share your drugs with me XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 am
Poopsie says...

Ix nay on the drugs yay?
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 6:59 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

I know you're having fun with language transformations and all, but I lack the ability to understand that one...

54 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 8:32 pm
StupidSoup says...

Poopsie says drugs are bad.

In any case, I think I could think up a couple things that trump disgea on the craziness factor. At least game play wise. Dialogue not so much.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 10:19 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ah. 'Kay.

But... That much I don't mind XD I'm not looking to compare who's the most insane game in JRPGs or in games in general, I'm just saying that the Disgaea series is totally insane and over the top and showed why.
That, and Disgaea's madness is a mix between cutscenes, dialogues AND gameplay, which is essentially what makes it unique.
But like, stuff like the Orcs Must Die series, that's another example of madness/wackiness in video games, it's not even an RPG. Disgaea's just one of the many prime examples really :smt003

54 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2016 11:41 pm
StupidSoup says...

Same.

Anyway, I heard you liked Overwatch.

It has been available to buy for exactly forty two minutes now.

Have fun >o>

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

30 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 4:54 pm
micamouth says...

@StupidSoup
I looked at Overwatch... until I realised it was a shooter and sighed. xD The graphics look very nicely stylized which is what caught my attention.

Once you get into them tactical RPGs are actually pretty engaging, more so than some think. It's beautiful when you line up everything just right so in the next turn, you can sit back, relax and watch your party nuke the enemy. >:D

@Tortwag
Disgaea sounds so much fun. I'm not even looking into it, I'm gonna go headlong into this game... once I find some money. I can't ask for another game so soon, I just got FE Fates two days ago ;u; yay for living off of parent's money!
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 5:05 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@StupidSoup that must've ben from me, because I recall a conversation we had in which you believed Overwatch being a MOBA - which to be fair it totally looks like when you see the Cinematic -but in any case, I am pumped! Not buying it any time soon though, I need moar moneh.

@Sagitta Y'know, entertainment is all over the place, so lookin' down on a game just 'cause it's a specific category you're not necessarily familiar with is... Well, a bit of a shame, methinks :3 That and OVerwatch's is fun. It doesn't just LOOK fun, it just is. But eh. To each tastes their own, I guess. I don't play much horror games, for example (save VERY FEW exceptions)

And it is! Disgaea is so much fun XD And uh, yeah. Money. It's only 20 euros on Steam (so a bit less than that if you're using another currency), so hopefully you'll be fine in that department.
Hah. I can relate! *high-fives*

30 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 5:45 pm
micamouth says...

@Tortwag
I thought it was some sci-fi-esque MMORPG, but nope, a shooter. It still looks fun though, but again, the thing that caught my eye the most was the style and graphics. I'd give it a go, but I wouldn't be able to trial it and I wouldn't want to spend money on a genre that's risky for me. (also because I have nothing to play it on apart from a tank computer that surprisingly can't run Wildstar.)

Hm, 20 euros? Around £15, that's not that bad! I'll definitely keep an eye on this. ^^
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 6:03 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta That's what most people thought it was - that or a MOBA. Luckily though the actual ingame style is about as colorful as what you saw in the cinematic, so that's a plus.
Genre that's risky? As in, risk to get addicted, if that didn't happen before?
(Ah. Which worries me then, as I've been wanting to play Widlstar for a while on my own computer. Hmmm...)
Welp, tastes and colorsfor everyone :3

Right? Gosh, I hope NIS is planning to remake the other Disgaea games and put them on steam. It starts getting especially interesting with new features and whatnot in the 3rd one.
And well, if you can handle the Fire Emblem, all you'll have to do will be get used to Disgaea's unique mechanics, and then you should be fine. It's still a J-RPG, after all.

30 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 5:56 pm
micamouth says...

@Tortwag
A genre that is hit and miss - I might love it, I might hate it. With most JRPGs and such I quite enjoy them but it takes something I really like to get me interested in an action RPG/shooter.

Wildstar runs well on my PC - if I turn the graphics settings right down. It looks disgusting which is putting me off. You might be fine, I think it's just the graphics card on my PC. There's plenty of space for it to run, but it can't handle the graphics of the game. I'll try something else - my friend wants to play Blade and Soul with me so that'll be my guinea pig.

Fire Emblem's mechanics are really growing on me - like a strange mix of chess with vague rock paper scissors. I'm going to have to really look into Disgaea, the style is captivating!
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2016 6:08 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta Right. Understandable. Oh, action/RPGs too, huh? In THAT case, a good suggestion I might have would be the Tales Of series (starting with Symphonia, currently ositting on Steam). That's one gamble suggestions I'm willing to give away - this game... Gosh, this game is magical. Just the soundtrack makes it worth the shot.

Haha, I actually can't download Wildstar because I downloaded Balde & Soul first, so we might just see each other there XD

That's essentially what it is though, which to me is pretty darn cool. And yes, the style IS captivating! And since you spoke about weapons... That's... That's another crazy factor about Disgaea, but I'll let ya discover that on your own XD

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence