I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm
micamouth says...

Ahh, I'm sorry, I didn't see these messages! My notifs were all jacked up o.o

Yep, we need to keep this vaguely alive. Ah, that's so nice @Tortwag! I don't want Genii to die either ;-;
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:35 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

That is... odd. I was mentioed here, and yet I didn't receive the notifs either.

@Sagitta Storybook Newsletter Your SB's the most popular again. Not gonna say that it's a sign or anything, but it might serve as a good wake up call.

Let's not make this SB and your world bite the dust and never get back up. It really looks like it could expand into an actually interesting story.
...Speankin' of, what was the inspiration for Genii again? Names, seting and all?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:44 am
StupidSoup says...

JAAAPPPAAAAANNNN
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

30 Reviews

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:40 pm
micamouth says...

@Tortwag
The general Genii idea was based very loosely around Sumerian mythology and language. The finer details are of my own creation.
Genii started as a curious thought about what language a deity would speak. In my logic, I thought that the language would have to be old, very old - like Sumerian! Most names come from the language, except for Myzanke. The deities are generally more earthly than one might think, able to be killed - this also came from Sumerian mythology.
formerly Sagitta

30 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:44 pm
micamouth says...

Round up, round up! Let's all gather and decide where this is going... before I get too anxious, think everyone's left and delete the SB.
(I'd never do that to y'all <3)

So, who's in? Who's out? Who's lurking and considering it? What's been happening in your lives? How is everyone?
formerly Sagitta

54 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:49 pm
StupidSoup says...

Spaghetti I'm with u to the end

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:25 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm in, but I'm the last one who posted, soooooooo, my hands are pretty tied right now :/
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

54 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:04 am
StupidSoup says...

Kk I'm up

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

30 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:56 am
micamouth says...

Right, I need to plan out my post too! I'm going to go with Myza entering the Parade. She is not going to be impressed by Paggy - I'm just imagining the regular deadpan Myza with a hint of "I hope you burn, dalkhu" xD
formerly Sagitta

40 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:18 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

That... Would be fun XD bit she's still probably going to be a tiny bit moved by a few things Paggya has to say. Maybe. We'll see, lol.
I'll start planning that Parade post, too. Paggya isn't there yet, so make sure you make yours so nothing happens for now :D

30 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 am
micamouth says...

Right, yes.
About the Parade - what do you think it should be like? Floats? Lanterns? Actually, lanterns sound fun, we should have lanterns.
What's it's theme? I'm unsure of what they would dress in - perhaps the traditional clothes of the country they currently inhabit, or the clothes they had when they were born.
Myza is such deadpan I can't even, but ooh, I'm curious about what Paggya might say. If it's feelsy stuff, Myza has a secret soft spot for dalkhu under all that default mercilessness.
formerly Sagitta

54 Reviews

Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm
StupidSoup says...

Benji is just about to enter the room where Spaghetti and Illiterate are with the icy cat Spaghetti killed in her first post.

No I don't know what this post was about.

Yes I wanted Benji to have a cat.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:08 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Sagitta so it IS based on the Sumerian mythology! I mean, I recently re-read The Epic of Gilgamesh, and some names do seem familiar. Hmm.

As for your question, let's see...
-Lanterns, yes. TOTALLY. It's also a common metaphor for spirits, so that works.

-Clothing would be in blue. The first reason for that is because I wanted to make a contrast with Paggya's red dress - as in, she's purpusly defying the Parade itself as she comes in - and the second is because, in the Holy Bible and Christanity in general, blue is the color of God. Now, I realize that we're waaaay beyond crhistian beliefs there, but several shades of blue would still be cool. Clearer - and therefore more pure - for the main gods, and deeper/darker for the minor ones/apprentices.

-Traditionnal clothing of whatever countries they were from is totally fine, as long as it's blue. It's also a great way to differentiate the gods from everyone else, because everyone else coming to/being attracted by the Parade will not necessarily know about the color coding, and will therefore not be in the blue needed.

-Ah! Then her soft spot will totally trigger at one point of Paggya's speech. After all, the poor girl didn't exactly ask to owe her existence to the ex-Deity of Greed. Nor did she ask to be kidnapped/threatened a thousand times for it.
↑ That was a very brief example of the few things Paggya will say. I'll planning the post and the full speech's content now :3

@15253 You can always re-read it. And Benji with a cat would be cute :D

40 Reviews

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:00 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double posting for the sake of informing y'all that the post has been planned.

Now I'm waiting for you people to get to the parade so that I may start writin' it :3

@Sagitta uh, Brain told me there might be a tiny bit of dialogue between Myzanke and Paggya. And by tiny bit, he means 2 to 3 lines. Is that possible?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss