Young Writers Society

The Neighborhood DT

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:47 pm
passenger says...

Everyone's posts look amazing! @Gravity the code I used was

Code: Select all
[center][size=150][b]Character Name[/b][/size] [small-caps]| Day # | Setting[/small-caps][/center]
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:37 pm
View Likes
amberari says...

Posted! @Savvy, hope it's ok.

112 Reviews

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:42 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@amberari it looks great!
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:50 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

Posted!
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:57 pm
amberari says...

So what's the plan for this dinner party? Is it just the couples mixing with each other/neighbours, or is there something else planned?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:59 pm
Steggy says...

I think the best plan would be just the couples going to the dinner party, bringing a certain dish then chat. However, I don't know what @Savvy has planned so it can go either way.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

112 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:59 pm
passenger says...

Well, I was thinking that the party would be mainly tailored to what Steg said. Just bringing a dish & chatting. However, obviously the normal catch of the Neighborhood will apply. Hutch might ask you or your partner about your wedding day, or a similar question that tests your character's ability to uphold your new identity, after which you will have to lie on the spot. A failure to answer these questions with ease may result in a subtle warning, or something of the sort. If someone repeatedly refuses or is unable to uphold their identity, then that's when they'll "disappear".

What do you guys think?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I like that idea. What if a certain amount of tries, that the certain couple is question, they are off the Neighborhood (like you know how big tests have this. You answer as many questions wrong, you don't pass the class. I also think the couples shouldn't have another chance, which I think you've already decided so never mind.) They should probably also read their spouses' file to completely understand what they like or whatnot. Or maybe improvise it along the way.

Just some ideas floating my head.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

112 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:16 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

Yeah, I agree. That sounds like a great idea. Maybe three warnings, or something around there? Or more, I don't know. Obviously it can't be too easy, since it's a high calibre government operation.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:09 pm
View Likes
amberari says...

Sounds perfect. Can't wait!

112 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm
passenger says...

After @Basil gets a post up, then we can start the second round of posts. ^^

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:51 am
View Likes
Basil says...

I don't know when I'll be able to get a post up I'm really sorry. It's really difficult to get hold of a computer with Internet :/
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:49 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Can I post Harper's post or should I wait?

112 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:19 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

@Stegosaurus sure, go ahead. Hopefully I have time soon to write up a post for Holden. ^^

Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 am
View Likes
amberari says...

Yay, we're still carrying on! @Savvy I'll be posting for Ivy as soon as you're done with yours.

I'm guessing we're still in the house and the dinner party is much later?

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor