z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:37 am
Steggy says...

Yes, he is. Sorry if I sound confusing; I tend to ramble and most of my words just flow together, making something incoherent.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:59 am
LordZeus says...

Wait, if Jackson has been chipped by the Japanese and just went crazy how would he get what he needed to capture Layla and Michael's mom? Also,why would he keep them alive? Please give me some clarification here.

P.S. Who's posting next? Personally, I think I'll wait a little before posting for Dan now, though I might write a Nikko post soon. BTW great post @LeftyWriter!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:29 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Okay, so...

Jackson/Ashton timeline:

Oct 20th, 2015 - Hazel sent in her character profile for Emma, mentioning that Emma has an older brother named Ashton.

Oct 26th, 2015 - Ashton was mentioned in Hazel's first post and was said to have a good sibling relationship with Emma.

Feb 24th, 2016 - Jackson was introduced in Steggy's post as being Michael's friend, in which Jackson showed up at the M.E.L. bomb site.

Feb 24th, 2016 - This discussion took place on the DT:

Lefty: What is your plan for Jackson and the file?

Steggy: Basically, Jackson is the "spy" and he wants the file. I was thinking he might be working for Mr. Neil, a puppet or something. At first Jackson was going to be just a NPC, then I got to thinking: What if I use Michael's best friend as an enemy?

Hazel: Wouldn't that be Emma's brother?

Steggy: Correct.

Mar 1st, 2016 - Based on the above information, Lefty wrote her bomb site post with the understanding the Jackson was Emma's brother, but given his name was originally Ashton, she assumed the name accidentally got switched and wrote it as though his name was Ashton.

Aug 17th, 2016 - Steggy posted for Michael where he found the notes from Jackson saying he'd taken his mom.

Oct 19th, 2016 - Lefty posted for Layla when she was kidnapped by Jackson, and used the name Jackson in her post to be consistent with Steggy, assuming his name had officially been switched.

So my understanding is that we have to either:

A) Edit posts to change Jackson's name back to Ashton to stay consistent with his original name and continue as though he is Emma's brother, is crazy and is kidnapping people.

Or

B) Keep Ashton and Jackson's characters separate and I will edit my bomb site post to reflect that it was Jackson there, not Ashton, and edit my last Layla post so that Jackson isn't connected to Emma.

------------------------

@LordZeus Jackson was already kind of weird/off to begin with, so when the Japanese chipped him and gave him the command to capture the Animorphers, he simply followed out the order. I think because he already wasn't stable to begin with, it'll start messing with his head he'll start acting out and doing crazier and crazier things as this continues. His tactics are a bit more extreme than the Japanese would had anticipated (kidnapping Michael's mom for leverage) and he'll probably start to struggle as the chip makes him go crazy, but the chip is controlling him in a way, so it'll keep him going. At least, that was my take on it.

I'm thinking he's keeping them alive because the chip programmed him to capture the Animorphers, not kill them. Maybe the japanese wanted to interrogate them or experiment on them before killing them. Or maybe they just didn't trust Jackson to do it quietly and secretly, given he's unstable, and just wanted to take care of it themselves to raise as little question as possible.

I believe Wolfie was planning to post next. And thanks!!

--------------------------

As of yesterday, from the time the storybook was created...

Animorphers Is One Year Old!!!

I can't believe this has been going for a whole year! I have had such an amazing time creating this story with you guys and I can't wait to see where the storybook takes us.

-----------------------

Lastly, I believe everyone has now responded to the poll, so I will try to have the first newsletter up by this weekend! For the person who isn't interested in receiving the newsletter, please shoot me a PM and I'll be sure to take you off the email list. Thanks!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

279 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:21 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Thanks for clearing that up, Lefty! I think it might be best if we just edit the bomb site and have Jackson as a separate person, I guess.

Also, nicely done to everyone who has made it this far in Animorphers! I am so, so pleased to have been with such amazing, talented people. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this storybook! ^-^
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:19 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

We might as well make Jackson a separate person. It might complicate things if Emma has to deal with her brother doing such terrible things.

Lefty, can you explain what Michael's mom acting as a "leverage" means? I'm not really familiar with that term. Except in physics xD

Oh my gosh, that gif! <3 Happy birthday, Animorphers!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:54 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I agree that we should separate the characters. @HazelGrace16, did you have any thoughts on Jackson/Ashton?

@Wolfical, sure I'd be happy to explain what I meant. So by leverage I meant leeway. If Jackson is supposed to kidnap the Animorphers but not kill them, then any Animorpher he kidnaps should be more or less safe until they can be rescued. So if Jackson were to kidnap someone close to them who wasn't an Animorpher, than he could use them to manipulate the Animorphers. He could technically threaten to kill Michael's mom, so in a way, she is Jackson's hostage. Let me know if you'd like me to explain further. Sorry for the confusion!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:57 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I don't mind either way!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

440 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:01 pm
Wolfi says...

Thanks Lefty! I get it now. :)
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:40 pm
Lefty says...

All right, thanks for the input, guys! I'll go ahead and edit my posts.

No problem, Wolfie!

EDIT: My posts have been edited. Jackson is no longer Emma's brother, and Emma is no longer tied to Jackson.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:56 am
Steggy says...

Since Jackson is a separate character, I could write some posts for him. I think it might give some more development for him as this continues on.

440 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:17 am
Wolfi says...

I like that, Steggy!

I forgot - what did we plan to do with Gwen?
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:08 pm
Steggy says...

I might work on a post for Jackson then, if that's okay @LeftyWriter? I might post after whomever is going to post next.

93 Reviews

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:01 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Wolfical I don't think we ever officially decided what to do with Gwen. I had considered doing some posts for her, but since I sort of already have three characters, I didn't think I should take on another. BTW, great post!

@Steggy I have a feeling that this kidnapping storyline won't go on for more than a few posts, and I had assumed that at the end of it all, Jackson would either end up being killed or put away. So unless my assumptions are wrong, I would guess that Jackson won't really be around long enough to be posted for as his own character, unless you can find a place to throw in a post in the middle of the kidnapping storyline somewhere.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:26 pm
Steggy says...

Oh, not that you mention it, Jackson might be killed. Huh. Never thought of it that way. Well, never mind. I'll write a post for Michael in the meantime. Sorry!

93 Reviews

Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:37 am
Lefty says...

No worries! Just thought I would point that out.

A good artist should be isolated. If he isn't isolated, something is wrong.
— Orson Welles