"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:54 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I loved that!
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:16 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Leftyyy! That was intense!
Charlotte stares at the steering wheel, which she's sitting closet to. "I don't have my license!"

I laughed so hard right there xD
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:09 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks guys! I'm so glad you all liked it. It was so so fun to write. ;)

Ahh, @Wolfie36 you made my day. :)
Last edited by Lefty on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:12 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Neon and Gwen:

Spoiler! :
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:36 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Okay, so I just want to recap on what's happened in the SB recently and upcoming things that have been mentioned.

Recap:
-Mr. Neil is missing.
-They all got the special suits.
-They know Neon was Riley's kitten.
-Charlotte knows about Gwen's crush on Michael.
-They found a file at the bomb site with info and footage of the Animorphers experiment. Which may have been left there for them by an unknown party.
-Emma's brother followed her to the bomb site and got himself wrapped up in it all when he was previously oblivious, except for Mr. Neil telling him to keep an eye on Emma.
-Japanese spies found them and tried to kill them.
-Riley was knocked out with a tranquilizer dart.
-Charlotte's arm was grazed.

Near future plans:
-Battle of the Bands is approaching. Riley turns into a Lynx, forcing Emma to take her place on stage.
-Darrin offers Riley and Neon a ride after Battle of the Bands only for them to be kidnapped by the Protectorate. Neon escapes and wrecks havoc to help Riley escape. Darren is part of the Protectorate, but the Animorphers don't know it.
-Darrin gets closer to the Animorphers.

What should probably happen next:

-It would probably make sense for them to meet up somewhere after the bomb site fiasco. Maybe one of their parents runs a vet clinic where they could crash/recuperate? Or maybe one of their parents are away for the weekend, leaving their house empty? Or maybe one of their families have a vacation home/cabin in the woods?

-They need to check out the info and the footage they found in the file, finally figuring out what happened to them.

---

Okay, so a little while back, Wolfie mentioned that the first few rounds kind of had a plan for what the posts needed to be, and now that stuff isn't as clear, since there isn't as much of a format since they all morphed.

So... what if this round was spent with them trying to figure out what's going on? Like, it's the weekend in the storybook, so if they were to meet up, they could potentially stay in that place for a day or two. Recovering, reading the info, relationship development (Emma's brother learning about them. Gwen, Charlotte and Michael stuck in one place together... that could be interesting). Then maybe them going back to school and having Darrin try to get closer to them, them dealing with paranoia and starting to be followed. I don't know. Maybe we should make some plans for this round? Everything I said was pretty vague, just some thoughts I thought I'd throw out there. Maybe it'll spark some ideas for this round?

Also, who was planning to take over Jinx's character? Was it you, Wolfie?

And, @Steggy I'm sorry if I took the file and Emma's brother in a totally different direction than you intended. That's just kind of how it ended up when I put it into words. Let me know if you would like me to change it or take it in a different direction.

440 Reviews

Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:06 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Sorry for taking so long to reply :P

So, looks like we need a non-suspicious place for the animorphers to hang out so they can recuperate, talk everything over, and study the evidence. I'd recommended our characters telling their parents/whoever cares that all weekend they're going to work on a biology project at the library and sleepover at their friend's house or whatever, and then of course they could meet somewhere better. And safer. Jinx's stalker saw him in the forest near the school, so that isn't safe. I like the family's cabin in the woods idea. It'd be really fun to have a somewhat safe and nature-y cool-down place for our characters. They could practice morphing, train eachother in fighting, and just have a little fun together with their powers.

Yep, I'd love to take over Jinx's character, if that's alright. If Night comes back I'll make sure he's been well taken care of. ;)
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39

440 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:59 am
Wolfi says...

*stab*
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:52 pm
LordZeus says...

So...who's posting next? I can't, unfortunately, as I'm still busy with exams.

93 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:25 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I posted last so it would make sense for someone else to go next. I know a lot of storybooks have creators that specifically say what needs to happen or lead the plot so the others can follow along, but I think this storybook is a bit different in how plot-driven it is and how much of a team-effort it's been, which is one of the things I really love about this storybook.

I know some people are probably really afraid of god-modding (I've heard of people being uneasy about joining a storybook simply for the fact that they're allowed to put other characters in their own posts, let alone affect where the plot goes) but I don't think that should be a big concern with Animorphers, especially if things are discussed on the DT/with others beforehand.

So if the fear of god-modding has made anyone feel uneasy about posting in Animorphers, especially now that the plot is a little less clear, I don't think anyone needs to worry too much, as long as people post their more major ideas on the DT first. One of the most exciting things to me in Animorphers is seeing where the plot goes and how it progresses with everyones ideas and input.

However, if people would like there to be more structure to it again, or would rather be a part of the plot rather than one of the creators of it, I can probably lead it in a bit of a clearer, more distinct path. Just let me know how you're feeling guys.

93 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:32 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Also, with as plot driven as this storybook is, don't feel like you have to progress the plot in your post. Posts don't have to be 2k long. They don't have to flip the characters world upside-down. A short post with two characters talking is just as important and fun to read as a post where some big secret is revealed. In fact, I personally love reading those posts, simply because I adore all of you guys's characters. Anyway, just thought I'd point that out in case part of the reason the storybook has slowed down was because people felt like they didn't have time to write an 'epic' post. To me, all of your posts are epic, no matter how short and 'fluffy' they might seem.

440 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:55 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I love you, Lefty <3

I'd be fine with posting next, possibly from Jinx's POV (if that's still okay). Expect it within the week.
and do not be afraid.

39 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:28 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

MY EXAMS ARE OVER!!! :D :D :D
@LeftyWriter I'm back now. I will get to work on a post ASAP.

440 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Thank goodness! I haven't gotten very far on mine yet, so if you're willing you can post next.

@Steggy said that Michael's family could have the "cabin in the woods." As the animorphers had that second field trip on a Friday, we could have their get-together at the cabin that same weekend.
and do not be afraid.

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian