z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:48 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Nightcrawler I think each character should react a little differently to the change. Some may get symptoms right away (Like Emma) or they could take several days before they notice anything. I originally thought there would be at least a few days before any morphing started... but I suppose it wouldn't have to be done that way. There could be a character that gets symptoms and morphs all in the same night. Obviously, this would be really intense and hard on the character and if that's what someone wanted to do, I think they should be able to do it. I do think that, the majority at least, should just do symptoms in this round, though. If a character morphed this round, I think it should be an unusual morph that didn't go as smoothly as the others. I think the shortest time (with the exception mentioned above) should be a three day span from first symptoms to full morph while the longest should be a week and a half once they've gotten symptoms. First sign of symptoms could be within hours of the field trip, all the way to five or so days later. What would you like to do?

There's different ways we could go about the symptoms too. Like, Emma had pretty basic flu symptoms, while maybe another character will get an animal symptom as one of the first signs (like fangs or eyes). Some characters may start out with basic symptoms and they progressively get worse (and weirder) throughout the week, while others maybe get flu symptoms, feel fine a day later, then get animal symptoms OR they could be fine most of the week, paranoid because others in their class are dropping like flies, then have it all hit them in one night. I think everyone should have a lot of creative freedom on this part, as there's a lot of different ways they could go about it.

Does anyone else have anything to input? If anyone disagrees with what I said, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. This is just sort of what I had bouncing around in my head. Nothing is set in stone.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:35 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

That's really helpful, Lefty. Thanks! :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:55 pm
Lefty says...

Hey, I was just about to start working on my posts when I had a thought cross my mind... How will this round work since everyone is experiencing symptoms at different times? Do we just jump around the week or do we need to figure out an order we have to post in? Or do we do we have some characters get symptoms in this round and others in the next round based on some characters getting symptoms easier than others?

My confusion on this might be because I'm pretty new to storybooks. How does it work when there isn't a specific event or day we're writing about? Thanks!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:59 pm
Steggy says...

I think each character should show different symptoms at different times. My idea for Michael is he gets home, he suddenly feels different from earlier, and realizes he might have the flu (and his family realizes it too). I think the order shouldn't really matter as long as everyone who is willing to post, should post.
Also everyone is experimenting the same thing but maybe at different times/symptoms or something.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

93 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:02 pm
Lefty says...

Well, I know that the characters are experiencing different symptoms at different times... I just wasn't sure how that would work. Like, one character posts having symptoms the day after the field trip, then the next character shows an entire week go by before it happens to them, then it jumps back to a day after for the next character.

If it's not an issue jumping around, that's fine. I just wasn't sure how it worked.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:05 pm
Steggy says...

That's what I'm thinking. Different times or something. Then after, the characters can go on with their lives. I don't think it is a big issue of skipping some weeks after feeling ill or having different details about their character.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:11 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

We could have the posts take place a week in the future, but have them reflect back on the past week. Then we would all be on the same page time wise, but the symptoms can take place at different times.
~Sun Goddess~

93 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:25 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

I'm not sure how I feel about doing flashbacks. Technically, they have to get symptoms within a week and a half (though we could shorten it to a week to make things easier) so there is a timeframe for this round. We can jump back and forth, keeping in mind to incorporate what others are doing on certain days and sort of flesh out the week together.

OR... There's 12 characters, and in Emma's post, she said four people were absent with symptoms. So that leaves eight and each of the remaining characters could claim a day of the week to flesh out. Emma and three others got symptoms on day 1, say Layla gets symptoms on day two, etc, etc... So we could just plan that, each character will have a day to write about, even if they aren't in order. We can piece it together in order later.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:03 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Honestly I think it's just getting into personal, and the overall story. You post depending on what you want to happen. They don't all have to the same.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

254 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:31 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

Sorry mine's a bit short. I decided to have Jinx be okay for the first three days, and then it hits him all at once. I wasn't sure if I should go into his whole transformation (because no one else has) but I think I'll go into it in my next post, or edit this one later. :)
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:48 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Yay! I'm looking forward to reading it when I get home! I think it's good to have him transition in the next post since this round seems to mostly be the start of everything.

I'm excited for these next few rounds! Lots of interesting stuff to have happen. :)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:00 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm working on my post right now!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:11 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Done!

By the way, Lefty and Night, those were great posts! Lefty, I like how because Layla and Cole are both owned by you, you can be mean to them without asking anyone's permission if you can harm their character. Like, Layla can just go ahead and lock Cole out of the house and it's cool. And Night, poor Jinx! Stop beating him up, you mean author xD (just kidding.) I love how you were able to express his loneliness in that post. Great transition into our next round of posts, too, as Lefty said!

P.S. As I was writing this, the song "Layla" by Eric Clapton came on and I thought that was funny. xD
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:13 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Thanks, Wolfie! I loved reading your post! I thought it was really cool how you incorporated the alarm song into her actions and how she started showing traits of the Gazelle, including not being able to eat meat.

---

I just had a thought cross my mind that would be kind of fun. I'm going to use Layla and Jinx in my example, but it could technically be anyone.

So, say Layla goes back to school and she's supposed to partner up with Jinx for an assignment but he's not there (for obvious reasons). So she finds out where he lives and goes to his apartment to give him some study notes after school. She knocks on the door and it swings open on it's own, so she goes it to find the place a mess and she wonders if they were robbed, and if Jinx is okay. She wanders through the apartment until she hears growling and turns around to find a tiger (Jinx) stalking her. She has to try and escape the apartment and get out of the building before he can try to eat her (because at this point, the animal instincts would probably be so strong they wouldn't know what they were doing). Like, Where's Jinx and why the heck is there a tiger in his apartment?

Anyway... It was just a fun thought. And it could be anyone with an aggressive/carnivore animal, really. Michael, Jinx, Gwen, Riley, etc... Gwen and Emma would be fun. Or Mike and Charlotte. :P

---

I'm working on my Cole post right now. Should be up soon.

254 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:59 pm
Sonder says...

Ooh that's an interesting idea, @LeftyWriter. :D
~Thoreau

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"