A genocidal bishop and his clergy & laymen
20%
The fact that all of these things are going to wreck us
45%

Total votes : 20

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:21 pm
Mom says...

Oh no, not another seemingly amazing SB I missed out on! TnT I was really excited to join this too.
RIP my characters

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:26 pm
StupidSoup says...

Whered the astral hunter go :o
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:07 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I'm still here, I'm just stressing about maths, physics and chemistry. (Pfft, English Literature will have to take a backseat.) As for the post, I can't write it yet, because, other than the obvious reasons, there hasn't been enough discussion. There are gnashers, that we've established, but that's about it.

We should take a leaf out of PMD's and Animorphers' books and have more active DT discussions. In fact, I'm going to borrow the latter's use of character relationship lists. We should all create a list of our characters' attitudes towards and opinions of each other. Not only will we be doing something productive, but we'll also get to know the characters better and prevent any misinterpretations.

I'd go first, but it would be better if I waited until tomorrow. In the meantime, @Lumi, I choose you! (Your relationships are mostly formed already, so we can adapt ours to that.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:40 pm
Lumi says...

I haven't used a character interaction sheet in...a year? Maybe more. Malek is cocky, possessive, and dramatic. A total roleplayer. Those three key traits should be enough to piece together your interaction with him, which won't come until later. You should probably get @15253 and @Verser. They'll be the most talkative, I think.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:21 am
Poopsie says...

Stressing astral? Well I'm failing ;p.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 Reviews

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:21 am
StupidSoup says...

he is which is why he shouldn't be on YWS -3-

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:12 am
BrumalHunter says...

I need something to distract me during my breaks, and playing Skyrim is preferably done without having to quit after just thirty minutes or so.

@15253, you're up next, then. How does Merrick feel about Malek, Revan, Hoilo, Fallyn, and Ka'lahii, respectively? I'm totally not stalling until after next Monday...
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:54 pm
StupidSoup says...

Oh. I can haz post? o3o/

yuy

EDIT: Posted. Anyone mind helping out Merrick and Revan and also telling them that they have to save Malek? You don't have to but it could work plotwise.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:17 pm
Lumi says...

@15253: Adhere to the posting rotation. Your post has been deleted, and its contents are below. Also, take this a bit more seriously as far as writing quality goes.

Spoiler! :
Merrick

Chapter One: Invasion of Windrock

"OH. MY. GOD!!!"

Merrick cackled somewhat drunkenly as the scrubs respawned, only to find his hammer waiting for them.

"DUDE! Don't you have anything better to do?"

Merrick thought for a second, then shouted back.

"Yeah! But I'm havin' a bit to much fun with ya scrubs."

The mage rushed him, throwing every spell in the book towards his enemy.

The ice spikes and fireballs bounced harmlessly off of Merricks armor.

"Your a level twelve ya srubbedy scrub! Your best bet'd be to run."

The mage cast a smokescreen, summoning a cloud blackish grey gas to obscure Merrick's view.

"You already tried this!" Merrick laughed, then pointed his hammer to the left and cast BurstFire Chaos.

The Mage lost his mind as his character exploded into pieces.

"YOU ************ ******* **** *************"

Merrick cackled, hitting the record button in the options.

"WHATS YOUR PROBLEM MAN? YOU FRIGGIN NO LIFE PIECE OF **** ******"

"Dude, calm down, Its just a game. If you want you can go respawn somewhere else, like in RavenWood!"

"NO! I WANNA DO PVP!"

"Then just go play pvp? What's stopping you?"

"RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!"

Merrick watched as the kid rage quit. Laughing until his stomach hurt.

Then an arrow lodged itself right in the back of his neck.

"Ooooohh Meeeerrrrriiiicccckkkk."

the Killscreen turned to Revan's sprite as it sat in a tree, taunting him.

"Its time to go do quueeeeesssssttttsssss."

Merrick groaned.

"Aww c'mon Revan. Ya gotta wait until I check my mini-map.

"A good warrior is always checking his mini-map."

"Screw you."

Revan jumped down from the tree and began firing arrows into Merrick's dead body.

"Oh dude, screw frigging you!"

"Well you can do that later when I'm not nailing you in the face from half a mile away. Right now we gotta go meet up with Arch-Mage Gala-something."

"Galatubular."

Revan laughed.

"Galaradical."

With that the two warped off to the capitol.

The two appeared on the balcony, Revan about a minute before Merrick.

"Dude, what's with your wifi?"

Merrick groaned at him.

"We talked about this. I live on a hill. Life is hard for interweb fairing people on hills."

Revan shrugged, then continued towards Galarad who at this point was practically invisible in the crowd of players.

Merrick clicked furiously on the exclamation mark above the Arch-Mage's head. After about four or five tries the text finally appeared.

"Ah, Champions! You've come at last! What you see before you is a vision of the Astrolabe of Rerenega, a magical technology hidden in the mythic city of the Aviti." He pointed to a comet streaking across the blue-and-pink coils of stars in the sky, headed to the planet Galari. "By our calculations, the vessel will land any moment now in the Windroc Basin, which I'm sure you know is the home of our Malice brothers and sisters."

Merrick raised an eyebrow at this. Of course he wasn't exactly attached to the Malice race but it was nice to be vehement about something.

"For our Malice Brethren! We'll kill those filthy aliens and all that good stuff!"

Revan shushed Merrick, the Arch-Mage had more to say.

"However, our seers have detected life within the vessel, and while we cannot be certain of their intention, your mission is clear: defend Galari at all costs!"

With that, the two were taken from the cutscene and into the loading screen. There was silence for a second, then they arrived at a seemingly alien landscape.

Merrick equipped his hammer, Archon, before muttering to Revan.

"Dude, since when did Windroc have purple comets?"

Revan had done likewise, his bow already in his hands.

"Since DLC. Now shuddup and keep melee enemies away from me. I'll deal with all the mages."

With that, Revan jumped up onto a higher ledge, surveying the area.

"Nothing up ahead. You may proceed."

Merrick trotted forwards, adding healing spells to his hotbar for good measure. Revan jumped from ledge to ledge up above, not making a sound.

"Hold up, we got enemies up ahead."

Merrick saw nothing.

"They're idle as of now. Try to sneak around 'em?"

"I cant even see them Revan."

"About a dozen enemies around the bend. They're holding guns but nothing like we've seen before."

Merrick gasped.

"New weapons! Revan, the DLC added new weapons!"

"Yeah, duh. Its called new content for a reason. Now pay attention."

Merrick laughed as he walked forwards.

"Dude, why are you so serious? We're level seventy, there's seriously nothing that can kill us."

Revan sighed in exasperation.

"These guys are level seventy five."

Merrick was silent for a moment, thinking about what that implied.

"There.....there's a new level cap?"

"DUH!"

Merrick peeked around the bend and sure enough, the enemies levels were all seventy five, with grey skulls next to their health bars.

"Well. Be ready to cast those exploding arrow thingys. I'm not a tank and were gonna need some respite."

"Don't worry bud. I gotcha. On your mark."

Merrick nodded, then charged out of hiding, instantly casting a small immolation to set up Boon of the Blade.

The enemies turned and fired, beams of radiant energy striking out towards Merrick. The warrior ducked and rolled forwards, reaching the first of the enemies just as Revan's first arrow hit it's mark, doing AoE to the group.

Merrick struck, casting Spellsword to buff his and Revan's attacks. However, he had no such luck.

"Dude, a defense boost?"

"Works for me. Keep shooting!"

Merrick's hammer came up to block the first strike. Quickly, he swung the hammer's haft to the left, hitting the enemy directly in the chest. The alien being stumbled back, but it's health was barely affected. Merrick dodged the next round of fire by spinning to the left and scoring another hit on the enemies unprotected flank.

"Hit the one I'm hitting!" Merrick yelled, backpedaling furiously to dodge a laser blast.

A fiery explosion engulfed Merrick's target. Merrick didn't pause to check if the alien was dead but continued on, striking with a frenzied haste at the next target. The enemy was at a disadvantage at close range seeing as it only had a gun. Merrick's hasty attack quickly overwhelmed it's defenses and knocked down its health a notch.

"Now hit this one!"

Revan's flurry of arrows ensured the death of the next target. Merrick cast Chaos again, ensuring the continuation of Boon of the Blade. The spell did almost no damage at the range he was from the next opponent. Merrick charged forwards, hammer raised in full offense.

A laser smacked him right in the chest. Instantly, he felt his health draining.

"Revan! Kill them! Kill them very, very quickly!"

A rain of arrows answered Merrick's call. The beam stopped, and Merrick fell, gasping as he felt his health stabilize.

"Take a health potion! I'll keep 'em busy!"

Merrick downed the potion without hesitation, then charged back into battle. He leapt over the first laser to bring his hammer down on the opposition's head. Another rain of arrows followed his strike.

"Merrick! I'm out of mana. Can you hold out until I recharge?"

Merrick grimaced, batting away a rifle barrel pointed towards him. He went down on a knee and bought the head of the hammer up to land a blow on the enemies chin.

"I guess I got no other choice."

"You don't. All I need is a minute."

Another laser shot past Merrick. He vaulted a rock, taking cover as another burst of fire whizzed through the air. Boon of the Blade faded as the seconds ticked by. Merrick peeked out from behind his cover. Five enemies remained of the original twelve. They approached slowly as a group, ready to end the fight.

"Yo Revan. May I go ahead and say something?"

"You may."

"This is the first damn battle of the DLC and were getting whipped by basic enemies."

"We have taken down seven of them."

Merrick peeked his hammer over the pile of rocks and fired Chaos again. The attack did next to nothing.

"Well, I'm probably gonna die right now but hopefully there's a spawn zone somewhere here where you can come get me."

"Your not gonna die Merrick."

Merrick leapt out from cover, barely dodging a volley of lasers. He turned and struck the base of a cliff, causing the edge of the thing to topple.

"How's that mana regen going?"

"Thirty more seconds."

Merrick ran to the top of the fallen cliff just in time to meet the first of his enemies. His strike sent the alien toppling down. Then a blast caught him on the leg and his health began to fall again.

"Revan! How's that mana regen going!"

"Twenty seconds! Hang tigh-- oh."

Revan appeared at the top of the cliff and shot a volley of arrows down at the attackers. They hardly flinched and returned the volley, causing Revan to duck back. Merrick glared angrily at the place where his friend had been. Stupid mana users with their stupid spells an--.

Merrick's eyes widened. That was it! Mana!

"Revan! Hows the regen?"

"Ten seconds!"

Merrick grinned.

"This ray doesn't let me move but it does allow the use of mana. I'm going to charge Immolation. You use your ult when I say go got it?"

"Okay."

Merrick began to charge, mana flowing around his character. He checked his health, and smiled. All those weeks grinding the Elven Ruins had paid off. His health, still dropping, drastically slowed as the first of his enchantments came into affect.

"Ready?"

"On your mark!"

Merrick waited for another second, then shouted,

"Now!"

A line of pure white shot down from the cliff, striking Merrick's attacker and downing the foe.

The beam vanished as the enemies turned to fire on Revan. Merrick held his hammer to his side and stretched out his free hand to point at the remaining opposition. Instantly, they were engulfed in fire as the spell took affect. The alien's screams were silenced shortly as Revan struck once again, firing a volley of explosives. Then, the battle was over.

"HAHA! SUCK IT YOU SCRUBS!"

Revan laughed, enjoying the hard fought victory.

"Dude! That was insane! How the hell did we do that!"

"Probably because I saved your arse."

Merrick laughed, to happy to come up with a comeback.

"Well we won and that's that. Shall we move on?"

No response. Revan was staring off into the distance.

"Revan?"

There was a pause before Revan's voice answered him.

"Boss fight."

Merrick gagged, then ran to the edge of the plateau and surveyed the area.

"Where? I don't see anything."

In response, Revan fired an arrow. It shot straight and true, right into the hulking mass of...something, coming up the hill. Merrick's mouth went dry as he watched the monstrosity mount the hill.

"Run?"

Merrick backed up slightly , sheathing his hammer. He turned, only to dodge to the side as four massive tentacles burst from the ground to block his path.

"Uh. Not an option, that."

Merrick suddenly heard a choking noise from the other side of the connection.

"Revan? You okay?"

"Yeah. But you wont believe what we're up against."

Merrick turned and faced the massive beast. Next to it's enormous health bar, the number eighty shone malevolently, a golden skull next to it.
-Shinji Moon

54 Reviews

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:19 pm
StupidSoup says...

Oh. My bad I thought astral was going on leave. Sorry

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@15253, I apologise for confusing you. When I said you're up next, I meant you were up next for telling us what Merrick's attitudes towards his other guild members are. I can't write the post yet:
A - I have Maths 2 tomorrow, Physics on Friday, and Chemistry next Monday, so I need to devote as much time as possible to study and revision.
B - I know what the boss is, but I can only portray everyone's characters to a limited extent. That's why I asked for the opinions.
C - I also asked for the list because I'm stalling. I have to post next, and since Lumi said there will have to be a boss fight in each of our posts, it means everyone will have to be in it. I have no qualms with saying I am nervous and don't want to disappoint a storybooker who I respect and admire, but if I am to write a boss fight on my own - and the first one, no less - I'm going to need a lot of time and collaboration.

We also haven't fully discussed the gnasher yet, so @15253, @Verser, @Stegosaurus, @ReisePiecey, and @Omni, please, I need your responses. I obviously know what it means to be busy, but if I'm willing to cut off some sleep from the day before an exam (it's 3:17 AM right now), then you can reasonably find at least ten minutes during the day just to discuss your views. Thank you in advance.
— Paul the Apostle

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:37 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

T'inquietes pas.

I told you I'd gladly postpone this sucker until November or whenever, so I don't mind waiting at all. Besides, your writing is worth waiting for. ;D
-Shinji Moon

293 Reviews

Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:52 am
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you, Lumi. That means a lot to me. :)
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:38 am
StupidSoup says...

oh okay. Uh, I guess he's a middleclass fifteen year old kid that goes to a public high school and is overall just average. He's always a bit lonely and therefore is extremely friendly online. This is also why he's very loyal. As for the drunkenness, that's just something he likes to do in game and has no reflection on his character in any way.

@AstralHunter nah its my fault. I probably misread your comment or something. ;)
Last edited by StupidSoup on Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:01 am
Omni says...

So I'm still working on my character (fine-tuning my spells and gah those tropes) but in-game name is Sylas, a male Sylph.

Out-of-game, Sylas is a 31-year-old person at a game development studio. She studies dungeon instances and figures out the new dungeons to see what works well and what doesn't. Her current obsession/projection is GO's new expansion, of course :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

the only theft here is of decency when carina decided to rob me of my pride and put me on a banana
— veeren