z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 3

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:57 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

its a somewhat failed attempt to show how confused Frost has become. He wants to restore order to the world and he thinks joining the NO will help him do that. At the same time he knows that the NO don't really want to restore order rather create a tyrannical monarchy that will preside over the pokemon realm. At the same time Frost can't control his actions outside of what the plate that controls him will let him do. Even if he wanted to change, the plates power over him is too strong. All in all he's on a slow downward spiral to his own demise.

.....just wanted to lay out his character so far .3.7
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:56 am
BrumalHunter says...

And somehow, I had completely forgotten about the Mind Plate... We should get that away from him, then.

Although, won't the New Order want him to relinquish the plate to a high-ranking member, @Verser? *wonders if there are even any higher-ranking Psychic Legendaries (I noticed that a long time ago, @Tortwag, but I locked the Grammar Nazi away shortly after joining this SB)*

... Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo

... Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi

... Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Shaymin, Jirachi

... Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Uxie, Mesprite, Azelf

... Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Regigas, Meloetta, Terrakion, Virizion

... Cobalion, Keldeo, Diancie, Volcanion, Hoopa, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde

... Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus

Well, besides Hoopa (who's even crazier, but for better reasons) and Arceus (who doesn't seem to be getting any of his plates), there are no other Psychics on Team NO. I suppose that means Frost gets to keep his trinket - great.

@Robusto, when you say the possible ending, do you mean overall Ending Alpha, or overall Ending Omega? (Or possibly overall ending Alpha & Omega? O_o o_O) Or did you mean just for Zulu?

PS: Verser, what does ".3.7" mean?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:36 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: ".3.7" is basically a salute.

(really has nothing else to contribute to this conversation at this point so I'm going to head back into the shadows where two essays and a test await me.

Oh, yeah, I always wondered why people spelled it as "legendries;" I always spelled it as "legendaries.")
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:14 pm
Charizard821 says...

Yeah, I knew almost all of that stuff about aura, but thanks anyway. What I DIDN'T know was what the individual colours meant as an emotion. Like, for example, I believe red is anger? Maybe?

293 Reviews

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:35 pm
BrumalHunter says...

In reality, no. Aura is energy, so naturally, the colour of one's aura depends on one's energy level - and I don't mean whether you feel exhausted or well rested, I mean your vibrations. Now, I'm not confident enough to say that people who get along have the same vibrations and, by extension, the same colour aura, but it's probable. After all, your vibrations indicate your frequency, so it should work, but many things that should work don't, so I'll leave it at that.

Back to the facts: light's colour depends on the frequency, and the higher the frequency, the higher the energy level. Violet light has a higher frequency than red light, thus, it has more energy. Ultraviolet light therefore has too much energy for us to see, and infrared light has too little. (This is also why blue fire burns hotter than red, orange, or yellow fire.) Take this into consideration, and people who have red auras are no longer hostile, they simply have lower energy levels than most people (don't ask me what that implies, though).

So, to answer your question, @Charizard821, there are two ways we can approach auras in this SB, and I think it's better if we make a decision before we actually have to use them.
1. Symbolism - We use the traditional meanings of colours. Let's use anger as an example. Red is the universal indicator of danger, and since anger leads to violence, red is fitting. Anger can also lead to increased blood flow to the face, which leads to the red colouration. Blood due to injuries also ties in with violence.
2. Frequency - We use science, not superstition. Anger is considered a passionate emotion. It would therefore have a high energy level, and thus a higher frequency, so it would be blue. However, if we use this method, then a blue aura simply indicates an intense emotion - joy could also be blue. This makes things considerably more complicated, but it's more realistic too.

I expect you to go with option one, but option two could be interesting as well. I'm fine with either choice, so I shall leave you to decide.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:02 pm
StupidSoup says...

O.O tortwag thats mister huesos!
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:53 am
Poopsie says...

The NO want Frost to have the plate. First because without it he would come to his senses and run back to the resistance. Secondly because he's basically completely under the NOs control with the plate.

He'd also probably murder anyone who would try and take it from him
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

58 Reviews

Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:12 am
Charizard821 says...

After a statement like that, I simply have to ask why you expected me to choose one, when I am 100% in favour of option 2, @AstralHunter. cx

293 Reviews

Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Whoo, then number two it is! Expect Twinkiel's and Zulu's auras to look bizarre... XD
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@15253 Is it now? Hadn't checked WHERE I had found that GIF specifically - the skeleton. Hmm. I'll have to check these guys out.

@AstralHunter PMD uses Aura's color to determine your personality though. Guess that falls in the Option 1 category. And speakin' of options, although Char seem to be going with Option 2, um, just to make sure: usin' it's a whole different story right? Am I safe to assume that we can bend its shape as we please (when we actually master it)?

You know, like this, for instance:

Or, to give a more "mastered" example:

Maybe not to THAT extent - or at least not right away - but you get the idea.

EDIT: ...Astral played a Charizard Psychic Post on me again... This is getting weird...
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:48 pm
BrumalHunter says...

The aura PMD uses is somewhat confusing. The aspect of my personality which they described they got right, but I'm not sure if it's actually green. I think my aunt once said it's indigo, but I'll have to check.

As for manipulating aura, that's a different matter entirely. Seeing them is simply the first step. As for changing the actual form of energy, as opposed to just wielding it (Aura Sphere and Origin Pulse are the former, while Force Palm and Reversal are the latter), that is quite difficult, but not impossible, within context.

Let's compare aura and electricity. Due to the unstable nature of electricity, you can easily induce it, but controlling it, and especially its shape, is the tough part. With aura, it's the exact opposite - there, it takes forever to learn how to use it, but once you do, the rest quickly falls into place.

Let's compare Twinkiel and Gabriel now. Twinkiel could induce an electrical charge since the beginning of the storybook, but he only later learned to control it more efficiently, and even then, he still has things to learn. Gabriel, on the other hand, still can't use auras/pulse energy, but after that first mastered attack, he'll rapidly learn and manipulate the rest.

Therefore, if Gabriel, who has the strongest affinity for manipulating auras, is having a hard time, Twinkiel will take much longer to do anything other than use Dragon Pulse. (And on that note, I think Pulse energy is far less malleable than auras. Electricity is the most malleable of all the energies, but it's also extremely difficult getting it to keep its shape.)

Of those gifs, the first one is certainly possible, but the second one is wishful thinking, since a bow and arrow works with elastic potential energy - energy cannot possibly be elastic. Besides, an aura bow and arrow would be an enormous waste, since energy is more efficiently used by simply being hurled; all those fancy shapes lose power due to the restricted form.

PS: That edit made no sense whatsoever.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:20 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter It totally is, I'll have to agree on that.

I... Yeah, I know. You making a full explanation wasn't the- oh gosh, you went on with it anyway.
...Ah, never mind, that wasn't what I was expecting. Interesting comparison there.

"The rest"? There aren't that many Aura-based moves around, and most of them either take the shape of an energetic discharge (Force Palm) or some sort of energy ball (Aura Sphere/Focus Blast).

And that Dragon Pulse is fine. The point - or at least Twinkiel's goal - is to eat the attack and learn how to master the power boost from it, not change its shape - or at least not yet.

As for the gifs, I'm going to say a big "no" to what you said about the fancy shapes and link you to this: http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nen
The reason for my big "no" is because Nen has a system that you may not have much knowledge about - and is definitely NOT just wishful thinking - and the reason for Pokkle shaping his aura into bow and arrow is because of the effects he can gain from them. More info on the page I just linked.

"since energy is more efficiently used by simply being hurled" ← Again. Big no, as this is Nen we're talking about. It highly depends on what ability you've chosen for yourself and what effects you gain from said abilities. You can use your Nen for way too many things to believe that the best solution is simply to hurl it. Especially in Hunter X Hunter's world. If your focus is power, then THIS is the ideal shape you'd want for your aura:

Spoiler! :

"all those fancy shapes lose power due to the restricted form." ← Pokkle's focus isn't power, as opposed to the enspoilered GIF up there. The Red Arrow's effect is contact burning, for instance. That's because Pokkle transmutes his Nen - AKA he changes its quality so that it can imitate ignition - and uses his natural Emitter abilities to give it its arrow-like shape. As for the "energy cannot possibly be elastic" bit, then get a load of this:

Introducing: Bungee Gum. Hisoka (guy from first image) transmutes his Nen so that it may have elastic propreties, then toys around with it shape at will. Pokkle is roughly doing the same to give the string-like shape to his own Nen then shoots the arrow.
Told you Nen was its own thing. You may need the chart to understand this a bit better, so here:
Spoiler! :

PS: had you remembered that me and Char mentioned several times how appalling it was that he always managed to post seconds before me - and how you were starting to gain this ability yourself - that EDIT would've made a lot of sense. Would've even been funny, too. Ah well. My bad for expecting you to remember something as trivial as this.
Missed opportunity, is all.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

58 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:46 am
Charizard821 says...

*sees technical banter about aura*

0____0;

Is it too late to back out of the aura training?

40 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:20 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 I'm afraid it is. You signed up for the training a while ago :twisted:
I mean seriously Char, I hope you didn't expect dealing with aura "just like that" when you decided to have RIOLU as your starter XD Even the Anime makes it complicated, and that's saying something!
But it's not too late to make it super simplified. I didn't take any technical banter into account when I let Twinkiel learn and attempt to master his electric shapes and moves now did I? You know, stuff like Enel Impact?

I also specified in my post that Riley was all about feeling stuff, while Gabriel was more about the technical banter. I added this bit to prevent you getting lost in the maze we just created. You're welcome :smt003

58 Reviews

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 am
Charizard821 says...

@Tortwag, that's great.... But somehow I doubt it's okay to BS my way through aura saying it's all feeling stuff. There needs to be some kind of ground rules, and you and Hunter are veeeery clearly undecided about it. Secondly, we should probably focus on learning it before even talking about manipulating it. All that stuff above? Talk about intimidating.

(It's moments like these where you see how similar Riley and I are)

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl