:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:50 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Yay, my sadism won the battle today. :twisted: That's probably because of Char's latest post. XD. Yes, you made me laugh out loud when I saw it, and I even told my brother. And I hardly tell my brother anything (because I'm introversive and live a whole other life in my head, or, in another words, typical reasoning. :P)

Charizard821 wrote:Recruiting, eh? Interesting. Reminds me of this game where you explore ever-changing areas. Not sure if you guys have played it, but it's called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It's one of the best spin-offs around, and I'm actually in this joint storybook on my writing website, the Young Writers Society, that's basically like a Fanfiction of it. We all take turns posting, and you get to create your own character and everything. We have a sadist sheep/lamb thing, a traitor, a snow cone-like thing, two dogs, (one factual, one observational,) a bat who lacks self confidence, a wise otter, and an OP chicken. Quite the group. It's fun. You guys should check it out.

Good job, Char, good job. :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Robusto, I am delighted you found it useful. :D Although, you should look at the beginning and end of the first post: the first "soundtrack" is still there, and your note at the end is repeated.

Oh, you wanted a battle theme! *facepalm* Yeah, my suggestion is more of an aftermath theme. This is a battle theme:

On an unrelated note, this is the battle theme of my most satisfying boss fight ever. Unfortunately, I don't plan on using it, so if any of you want a battle theme, here you go.

@Tortwag, I only use orchestral music, so naturally your genres will differ from mine. As you've probably noticed by now, all of my themes are Classical, whereas all of yours (and everyone else's) are electrical. But do you really continue with a boss fight for half an hour? All of your Mario Brother (as well as some other) themes are that long, and frankly, I only get through the first five minutes before I'm done reading. Plus, I have a limited cap, and YouTube drains it like Thor did the ocean.

@Charizard821, I am afraid the polls and I are independant of each other.

@TheSilverFox, Fire types are definitely weak to Water types, but where did you get the idea that they were doubly weak to them? Unless they are dual fire/rock or fire/ground, that can't be possible.

Robusto, the idea of a Psyche fight can be described perfectly by my IM status: "What is more frightening and exciting than the unknown?" Also, your latest suggestion for the worst-battle theme definitely sounds creepy. However, I don't think it is the most appropriate battle theme.

@Verser, it appears the intent behind Char's post is lost on you.

Oh, and while I have your attention, I have some objections.
1. If Verser truly believes the NO are indeed fighting for freedom and order, then why is he malicious all of a sudden? (Just to be perfectly clear, malicious = harbouring the wish, desire or intention to hurt someone.) And if he really is malicious (he calls himself a devil, so that seems to be the case), how is he so deluded he actually believes he's doing the right thing?
2. Xerneas is a Fairy Legendary, and a leader of the Resistance as well. Gardevoirs are part Fairy. Fairy types adore Xerneas, the Life Pokémon. So what possible reason would a Fairy have for joining the New Order?! The only Fairy that would possibly even consider that is a Mawhile. And then the Gardevoir is a slave trader too? Did I imagine the Pokédex entry that states a Gardevoir would make a miniature black hole and sacrifice themselves to save their Trainer?
3. Are you seriously telling me a grizzly working for the New Order doesn't know how to fight?
4. How does Frost use Shadow Ball if that can only be learned via a TM? I don't recall reading about him finding one... (Remember, he is a Fire/Psychic type, not Fire/Ghost.) And now it's Electric attacks as well? Sorry, but this is simply too unrealistic.
5. Now, for my greatest issue. Where does it say a Victini is capable of reading auras? Not all Psychic types can even detect that, you know. Furthermore, I have been letting Gabriel develop the ability to see and manipulate auras throughout the storybook, so if you think I shall remain silent when you let Frost miraculously "know" - yes, you didn't even bother with a, "Hey, I can read auras now!" in any of your posts - how to use auras effectively in battle, nevermind being able to detect them in the first place, you are mistaken.

Overall, Frost has become too overpowering, and since Robusto didn't establish beforehand that the Mind Plate provides so much power, you cannot use that as an excuse. There are three other Plates already in use (four, if you count the Pixie Plate), but none of the characters who guard them are anywhere nearly as OP. So please, scale it down.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:35 pm
Poopsie says...

The psychic plate/mind plate/whatever you want to call it, has taken over Frost. Whatever Frost thinks he is is irrelevant, the plate controls him, it has made him a being of pure hatred and that is what I was trying to describe in my post. The reason why Frost is under the NO's control is because it was their influence that forced frost to seek the plate in the first place. As I explained to @Robusto before going through with this whole thing, the plate emphasizes whatever your intent is upon obtaining it. In this case, Frosts intent was to work for the NO, thus it was malicious intent that guided him to the plate.

So all in all frost is being controlled by the plate, bringing out all his hatred and anger (thus the reaper's cloak, hood, and chains he wears). At the same time, the plate leads him to the NO because that was his intent before, the plate emphasizes the holders malicious intention, and joining the NO is indeed a malicious intent.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:45 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Welp, long post again, but necessary.
Darn, Astral beat me to it. So personally, the only oddballs I found in that last Frost post was that:
-He had some electrical effect to his Psychic moves (even the Anime who shows very well the variety of things you can do with your attacks don't EVER show such things);
-An Ursa-freaking-ring unable to fight, I mean seriously, both in the anime and the games, they're savage fighers by nature. Even the special abilities they have is all about getting angry. I know some peaceful pandas in our world that can defend themselves.
-And finally, Frost can masterfully read an use auras in fights. Sorry, but... No. It's a big deal to me too because that's what I wanted to use for Twinkiel, and then I realized that I couldn't, so I had to think hard for an alternative way for him to do it without making him too OP by default. I found one, used it and am paciently waiting to fully exploit it. And here, pardon me, @Verser, but it feels like you didn't even try. This new ability was just... There. I don't get why. Victini has SO many unique moves, he doesn't even need auras to be OP. He's a legendary. Look up his moveset, he's a freakin' beast.

Movin' on.
Your explanation, right here. It's actually interesting, but there isn't enough mention of that in your latest posts for us to understand it. You didn't even mention the reaper's cloack, hood and chains in this one for instance, which is why we forgot about them. And your explanation still doesn't explain why he can read, detect and use auras (Which NO Victini can. Period. He can't even use Pulse energy), why the Ursaring cannot fight, and why a GARDEVOIR of all Psychic pokemons you could choose would be in the New Order.
That and you barely mention the plate in this post, so we can't really make the link between Frost's sudden burst of evilness and the plate.
Also, joining the NO is NOT, in itself, a malicious intent. And that's precisely why Frost join, actually, you said that yourself a while ago. Frost joined them 'cause he thought he'd do something rightful. He did it with a gentle intent. Sure, he can be corrupted, but why would he call himself a devil?
Finally, dude... You don't need aura. Frost is a Victini. He can learn V-Create. He can naturally sense and use energy, aka "heat". Which he can feel in every being. That's not aura, but that's more than enough.

On a side note, the Shadow Ball part, that was too sudden. There are plenty of spectral guys you could add in the new order, and Frost could use one as a move tutor to learn the move. Look what I did with Twinkiel. I used anime rules + Game mentions (explained through Fleedjio) for him to learn Electric Terrain and Charge Beam, and it took him several hours. He doesn't even master his new moveset yet, and won't master it fully until he evolves. I delayed the learning of Pulse because I researched that and realized he couldn't use it yet.
You started this SB with a Victini knowing Fire Blast, and later Overheat. With the mind plate in hand, do Frost seriously need auras to defeat 3 captains of the NO? And couldn't the Ursaring give a hand? Terrakion's in charge, after all. Would he really recruit weak-minded guys?

PS: Before you mention that, I'm not angry. I'm just bein' sharp. Please, do not feel cornered, I dd a few SBs before this one, and trust me, I had some problems as well. Just state your opinion and answer the thigns I've mentioned. No hard feelings. And yes, you might want to consider powering down your character, because he's a Victini. I'm serious, go check his moveset. He's a natural badass. No need for too much external power-ups for him.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:08 pm
Charizard821 says...

*Bows* Thank you! Thank you! You're all too kind!

@AstralHunter, @Verser, @Tortwag, c'mon guys. Can't we all just forget about these issues over some good toast with pean buter? No? Well, then I suppose I side with Hunter on the aura reading and TM move, but past that, Hunter and Tort, I think you're being just a liiiitle bit too picky. Remember, everything we know about Pokemon is only the template. This is OUR story, so when we see a Gardevoir slave trader, for example, try thinking of it less as a complete objection to what we know about Pokemon, and more of a type of interesting irony. That way, we can move past the nitty gritty and just enjoy creative liberty. I don't think that just because Xerneas is on the side of the resistance, all fairy types will be on the same side. That's almost like saying that because Zapdos is on the side of the NO, all electric types will be as well, and yet, there's Twinkiel Thunderfleece.

All in all Hunter and Tort, I'm not trying to criticize you or tell you to eat a Snickers, but just try having a slightly more open mind to things, okay? You guys are awesome, but I think Verser was trying to take a new/creative approach to things. And as I expressed, I don't agree with it all, (heck, I haven't even read his post,) but I personally don't think the other issues are very big deals.

40 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:42 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 I need to answer to your posts as well, I'll do that after a bit. And Robusto's, too.
...Actually, if we were discussing this over a toast and some peanut butter, I'd enjoyt he debate, but I'd still talk about it because, again, it's not an argument, it's the kind of details that we need to do in order to advance efficiently.

That aside, I'm being picky, but I'm still perfectly aware that we can take liberty in our story. Just look at Twinkiel. He's a Flaaffy. He doesn't AT ALL respect what a Flaaffy "should be" according to data. Yet look at the way he is. Same for the learning move stuff: the way Twinkiel learned most of his moves is "unrealistic" to a certain extent, but it works because it's OUR story. That doesn't mean I can suddenly make Twinkiel use Flame Punch from one post to another without prior mention, right? Wouldn't that feel weird?
I just mind the fact that the Shadow Ball Frost used was just... There. No mention of it before.

No of course not, we're just debatin', don't worry. (...Eat a snickers? *checks Urban Dictionnary* ...I...Did mention I was calm... Right?)

Slightly more open-minded? Well... Astral has taken liberty with the way Raikou is, and I've tried to be creative with both the way Twinkiel uses his moves (i.e. Enel Impact, Enel Spada, and every single of our humons can do stuff like that, by the way) and the way he is (i.e. Everything he said, ever.). That and Frost has been using Psyshock and his Psychic Shields in very creative ways before. Which was fine. And awesome.
But why would Psychic have an electrical effect? Y'know, it's as if I'd say that now Twinkiel's Charge Beam had ice freeze damages because he can use Pulse energy. I know we make up our rules, but this SB is based on Pokemon, right? Are you sure you wouldn't find that at least a little bit weird? Or in any SB whatsoever, wouldn't it be weird to have one character learn a new skill without previous mention on how he got it? Because those are pretty much the only major stuff that bother me in this post. Am I really bein' not open-minded enough? Like, I'm genuinly concerned here. Tell me guys, is it really not open-minded enough to think that a new skill or somethin' that randomly appeared in the arsenal of a character without actual explanation or description (like in Zulu's case) is weird, and thus mention it?

Oh, you didn't read the post. You might want to do that (I liked the fight with the NO Captains.).
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

58 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:51 pm
Charizard821 says...

Ah, now that, @Tortwag, I can agree with. Every time I've had Riley learn a new move, (which has been few and far between,) there has been a mention of it or brief explanation. If this is indeed the case, @Verser, these guys have a point. You need to properly explain how in the world that happened. And electric effects from a psychic/fire type Victini? Hmm... Pokémon is only a template, but there's no interesting irony in doing something that's straight-up impossible without using an electric type attack. (But it IS fun when a water type uses an electric type attack, wouldn't you say @Buggiedude2340? XD)

40 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:02 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 Well that's pretty much why I've taken the time to write all this. All of our Humons so far, including Frost himself, have had some kind of description as to how they add a new skill in their arsenal. Like how Frost learned Overheat, or how Twinkiel learned Power Gem, or how he trained to learn Charge Beam and Electric Terrain, or how Zulu learned Tailwind, etc. There was none of that for both the Shadow Ball and the Aura reading, mastering and use in combat. I've re-read Frost's posts up until now: he did get a corrupted, badass power boost, but nothing explains the Aura. I find that... Well... Odd.

There you go. Straight up impossible. We're still based in Pokemon, so we still need to respect a few elements from the series. And not every pokemon can learn Aura, that's a thing (And seriously Victini doesn't need that. He really really really doesn't, I assure you.). Both ingame, spin-offs, and anime.
(Dude, Volcanion's the ultimate irony in that aspect. He's Fire and Water. How messed up is that?)

58 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:10 pm
Charizard821 says...

@Tortwag, Volcanion = my brain going boom. 'Nuff said.

@AstralHunter, @Buggiedude2340 or @Robusto, what kind of Pokémon is the guardian again? I have a good idea for this guardian's personality, and trust me, it's not what you'd expect. Can I also have a brief background on the guardian, please? I'm about ready to type up the post.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:35 pm
Poopsie says...

-.- malicious mind plate users acquire shadow subtypes cuz they're evil. Happy?
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:49 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Verser And that's the part I don't get. Why such complication? Why can't he simply learn the move from a NO ghost that's passing by? Frost's a Victini that can learn TMs pretty easily, especially Shadow Ball. Can't you, like, add a scene in which he learns the move 'cause he decides he likes it? And for that matter, why'd you even need Shadow Ball in this fight? With the mind plate + Psychic he can kick butts right and left without problem.
Is it for a plot twist or somethin'?
Wait... Shadow subtype?! (the normal plates definitely don't do this, it's just a power boost, but...)
@Robusto do the new, enhanced plates add subtypes to the user? Is that a thing that's allowed?!

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:40 pm
Ventomology says...

Char, it's a mega gengar.

(Also, you are terribly mean. You're practically rubbing salt in my wounds.)
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

58 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:32 pm
Charizard821 says...

Hey guys! Out of boredom, @TheSilverFox and I decided to take it upon ourselves to rank our created characters of the Resistance from weakest to strongest. It was quite an interesting discussion, comparing everybody, but here were the final results:

-Flurry; created by: @Buggiedude2340
-Zulu; created by: @Robusto
-Gabriel; created by: @AstralHunter
-Riley; created by; @Charizard821
-Ren; created by: @15253
-Aegeas; created by: @TheSilverFox
-Twinkiel; created by: @Tortwag

Once again, @Tortwag's character has won a competition. Feel proud, Captain Thunderfleece. Feel free to ask us about our reasoning for any of the character placements. We'll be happy to answer. This list is also subject to change, naturally.

P.S. Before anybody says anything about me forgetting Frost, we only counted Resistance allies. *Glares at @Verser*

58 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:23 am
Charizard821 says...

@Verser, I read that post. Bro, Frost is way too OP. I think you need to tone it down a bit. XD

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf