z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:44 pm
Robusto says...

It's almost time for the first Psyche battle. Me and my advisors have been fine tuning this interactive battle system for a while. This way, you can't just write yourself beating someone in a battle. You are actually having to measure out WHAT you write to avoid failing. But right now, we've only been able to name two of the difficulties.
Weak Willed, and Blinded by faith. Hope you people have been paying attention to what my NPCs say. Otherwise, we're on a rollercoaster ride to the worst ending.
@Tortwag, with every song I listened to, I kept thinking of more. I'll never be able to decide on a theme. So, here's one. Opinion?

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

24 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:46 pm
Robusto says...

And Psyche battle are Copyrighted by me for this and all my Storybooks. I've checked, and no one has done anything like them before. They're mine! MINE!

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:55 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Robusto: This provides for two questions: 1. Who are your advisors, because you've mentioned them repeatedly and I'm starting to wonder if they're not just voices in your head (Umm...It's not like I talk to myself a lot and just...uh....:P), and 2. What is the Psyche battle like, where it does it apply, and what do you mean when you refer to "weaknesses"? It does sound like an interesting system, though, and I'd like to see how it is implemented. There's no doubt about it - I definitely want to see this battle style. The first one is near? Great! I'm going to crush everyone else! :twisted: Oh, and where can I steal the copyrights? :P

Just your typical innocent questions from your typical guilty thief (although the first question and the last one are largely not meant to be taken seriously). :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:01 am
Charizard821 says...

@Robusto.... Da hek is a Psyche battle? XD

@TheSilverFox, I have a Blastoise on MY Pokemon Y team! I believe it knows Strength, Waterfall, Surf and Hydro Pump. @Buggiedude2340 has met it. XD Ask her how THAT went.

Well, you may now poison my toast and overcook my fillet. You people wrote more than I thought, and I'm only halfway through page nine! Oh well, maybe you'll get the battle tomorrow.

58 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:05 am
Charizard821 says...

@Robusto.... Da hek is a Psyche battle? XD

@TheSilverFox, I have a Blastoise on MY Pokemon Y team! I believe it knows Strength, Waterfall, Surf and Hydro Pump. @Buggiedude2340 has met it. XD Ask her how THAT went.

Well, you may now poison my toast and overcook my fillet. You people wrote more than I thought, and I'm only halfway through page nine! Oh well, maybe you'll get the battle tomorrow.

Also... @Tortwag.... Yyyyyyeeeeeaaaahhhh.... You kinda ran out of time to move on our chess game..... I'm just going to mark that down as my 8th straight win and hope you don't go all Enel Impact on me. XD

24 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:07 am
Robusto says...

I'm not going into details on them YET. The point is, you need to pay careful attention to the dialogue NPCs or PCs. When/if you fight them in a Psyche battle, you have a chance to convert them to your cause in the most effective way possible. A... well, i'll reveal that later. The point is, if you fail to convert them, you'll have to fight... and kill them. And my advisors are very real. Though really they're just friends that help out, I think the term advisors makes them sound really cool. And they'll be the judges on whether your Psyche battles are successes or failures. In fact, they're probably reading this right now.

24 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:09 am
Robusto says...

Though I do sometimes take the counsel of the voices in my head.
~Maniacal Laughter~

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:14 am
Ventomology says...

Oh my... that could be terrifying. How many characters will be fighting Alek? (I imagine that would be a Psyche battle, and I really really want Flurry to fight him after she evolves. I mean, ghost versus ninja? Imagine all the trickery!)

Also Char, if you're busy, I can write the battle this week...
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:32 am
Poopsie says...

......everyone who likes blue version over red version is a hater.

HATERS, YOUR ALL HATERS, AND IM DA WINNER, WAHAHAHHAHAAHA

*devolves into drunken rage*
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

299 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:41 am
TheSilverFox says...

Hmm...this Psyche battle reminds me a lot of Fire Emblem, where it is not uncommon for me to sway the NPCs or others into joining my side and hacking at the opponents. So far, that usually fails - they either perish before I reach them, or I attack them without knowing I can talk to them. Yeah, I'm terrible. XD. On the bright side, Awakening is one of the best games ever, so I'm doing well, fighting well, and preparing to fell the fell dragon. Yay for me! :P And the game has some of the best lines of dialogue ever. XD

Oh great, @Verser lost his head again. Shall I punch him? :P

299 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:43 am
TheSilverFox says...

Oh, and I don't seek counsel from the voices in my head. On the contrary - my head is a battleground between my optimist, sadness, anger, weariness, and a dozen other emotions. None of them, save the first, provide any benefit to me, and the victors change by the hour, sometimes by the minute. I wonder what it'd look like if I....ooooooo, idea.....

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:12 am
Poopsie says...

read my nightmare fuel. REAADD IIIIIT o3o!
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

58 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:19 am
Charizard821 says...

Recruiting, eh? Interesting. Reminds me of this game where you explore ever-changing areas. Not sure if you guys have played it, but it's called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It's one of the best spin-offs around, and I'm actually in this joint storybook on my writing website, the Young Writers Society, that's basically like a Fanfiction of it. We all take turns posting, and you get to create your own character and everything. We have a sadist sheep/lamb thing, a traitor, a snow cone-like thing, two dogs, (one factual, one observational,) a bat who lacks self confidence, a wise otter, and an OP chicken. Quite the group. It's fun. You guys should check it out.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:30 am
StupidSoup says...

hey >3>

btw the reason y verser ees so OP is dat da evil plate god person is givin all da powerz. Just so ya know that's also y Ren is stronger than most although his rage gives him strength but also makes him.....volatile \^3^/
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:33 am
StupidSoup says...

Charizard821 wrote:Recruiting, eh? Interesting. Reminds me of this game where you explore ever-changing areas. Not sure if you guys have played it, but it's called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. It's one of the best spin-offs around, and I'm actually in this joint storybook on my writing website, the Young Writers Society, that's basically like a Fanfiction of it. We all take turns posting, and you get to create your own character and everything. We have a sadist sheep/lamb thing, a traitor, a snow cone-like thing, two dogs, (one factual, one observational,) a bat who lacks self confidence, a wise otter, and an OP chicken. Quite the group. It's fun. You guys should check it out.

Welcome to da wrld of POKEMANS!

Best post in any DT I have ever seen XDDDD
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson