z

Young Writers Society

The Lost Ones DT

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:12 am
Mea says...

I'm available on Saturday, but not Sunday.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:50 am
TinyJarStoredDreams says...

Meandbooks wrote:I'm available on Saturday, but not Sunday.

same here
How the hell are we suppose to look forward to the future if we aren't sure if we will be alive in the next 20 seconds?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:40 am
Elinor says...

@Iggy and @pretzelsing still waiting for you guys to fill in the chart! And hopefully we can start soon!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:53 am
StellaThomas says...

Just out of curiosity, two things:

- how long were we in LA for? Like how long have we been working together for/how well do we know each other?
- (this is definitely for later on in the story) what types of weaponry are there on set? XD

Also regarding the movie itself, what has been the general plot to date? (I realise you may have said this in the OP!) I would love to know what characters everybody's been playing - I think Ellie and I agreed Mason was playing Alicia's love interest because lol. But what about everyone else?

Also how alike are Samantha and Valerie?

I'm going to stop talking now.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

- Two weeks in LA! And considering long days on set they probably know each other pretty well (or think they do).

- Our characters are sent to the Amazon to face deathly challenges. The first of which will be the ten mile hike. Basically they'll be left to fend for themselves and if they survive the challenges, they get to go home. But the thing is, no one goes home, except one (probably Alicia). Everyone will probably survive the ten mile hike but be a little worse for the wear, and then we'll go from there.

- I think it would probably be interesting if there was a character or two (according to the plot of the movie) that was physically weaker and held the group back, in a way. Alicia's character will be the leader and Mason will be the hunky friend from home who's always been in love with her (a la Gale from THG). As far as the other characters, what your thoughts?

- As far as the weapons: axes/swords/bows and arrows, and maybe others?

- I'll start my first post soon. Until then, does anyone have any questions?

-- Walt Disney

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:47 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Alicia's character will be the leader and Mason will be the hunky friend from home who's always been in love with her (a la Gale from THG).

I actually laughed out loud. Prepare for him to be an absolute sweetie on camera and then a tosser as soon as he drops character.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:43 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Samantha and Valerie actually aren't that much alike. They look considerably different, and Samantha is a lot more soft-spoken than Valerie. They were raised in different homes, so they weren't really affected by the stereotype of twins being very similar.

Also, Samantha enjoys playing the "stunning black-haired villain" type, but I don't think there's a place for that here. She could probably play the physically weak person, though.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:26 pm
Elinor says...

Jason's post is up. Alicia's will go later.

-- Walt Disney

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm
Iggy says...

Elinor Brynn wrote:But the thing is, no one goes home, except one (probably Alicia)

Whoa whoa whoa, you've already decided your character will be the only one that lives? It isn't gonna be like a raffle or anything to give them all a fair chance? >_>
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm
Elinor says...

Iggy. xD

That's according to what happens in the script- what is *supposed* to happen according to Jason's plan.

More of our characters will probably end up surviving.

-- Walt Disney

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:10 pm
Iggy says...

Okay cool, cause I want a fair chance for them all xD

I'll fill out the sheet tonight. But if I forget, blame @birkhoff.
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Turns out you don't have to blame Birk, because he reminded me. :3

Filled sheet out.
- Lewis Carroll

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:18 pm
Elinor says...

Great Igs!

I'll hold off on posting for Alicia for right now until there a couple more posts. Excited to read what you guys come up with. :)

-- Walt Disney

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:57 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Let me know if I got any of your characters wrong! I just love writing group convos :)

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:33 pm
Elinor says...

Stella your post is fantastic.

I linked to the spreadsheet in the first post of the DT and the main thread so people will be able to reference it whenever.

I'll let a couple people post before I post for Alicia, but here's how it's going to go:

It's maybe 8/9 or so in the morning. Considering there's a six hour time difference between Brazil and California, everyone will probably be fairly jet lagged, but Jason will insist that they all join him for the meal that he drove four hours round trip to get.

Then he'll probably give them time to rest and tell them he'll leave out a cooler of ham sandwiches for lunch (which will be disgusting). Our characters will have internet access, but it'll fade out shortly before Jason leaves to go meet the crew/get the black market weapons.

Looking forward to your posts! Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help anyone with their posts.

-- Walt Disney

"My spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling, but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places."
— A.A. Milne